Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any Yankee fans on the board?????

sgtfury

Isn't everyone a Yankee fan these days? I mean the bandwagon is absolutely huge.

They most of them (guys & girls) now just 1 thing about the team--Derek is a cutie.

Most Yankee fans couldn't tell you who anything about the team prior to 1996.

Originally posted by coreynyc

Isn't everyone a Yankee fan these days? I mean the bandwagon is absolutely huge.

They most of them (guys & girls) now just 1 thing about the team--Derek is a cutie.

Most Yankee fans couldn't tell you who anything about the team prior to 1996.

the yankees were around prior to 1996? :tongue:

ps

don matingly, willie randolph, tommy john, dave winfield, jesse barfield, steve sax, rickey henderson....should i go on? ;) (and i am not even a yankee fan)

I applaud you mrmatas2277 for giving props to the true Yankees, although Barfield is really a Blue Jay and Sax a Dodger.

I have to give it up for the lefty's...Guidry and Rags!!!

Mikeydny, how about mentioning a player that wasn't bought like Jeter, Bernie, Pettitte, Posada, if you're going to represent do it right!!!

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

the yankees were around prior to 1996? :tongue:

ps

don matingly, willie randolph, tommy john, dave winfield, jesse barfield, steve sax, rickey henderson....should i go on? ;) (and i am not even a yankee fan)

The point I was trying to make is that people who claim to be Yankee fans know nothing about the team prior to 96, when they joined the bandwagom. I'm a Mets fan and I can name more Yankees from the 80's & early 90's (when no one gave a sh-t about the Yankees).

Mos "fans" these days are bandwagon jumpers. It was just a few years ago that everywhere you looked, people wore Chicago Bulls stuff. Now, everyone is wearing Sixers crap.

Anytime I come across a loudmouth Yankees fan, I know he's a bandwagon jumper. True Yankee fans humbly appreciate the current success, because they were also fans when the Yanks sucked 10 years ago.