Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DT vs. PVD

Where shall I go tomorrow night????

DT

PLUS: guarenteed 8 hours of bangin beats, familiar crowd (easily obtained goodies), hard and loud system, my favorite dj

MINUS: I go there every week and need a change

PVD

PLUS: haven't seen him in a about a year, always have fun @ his sets

MINUS: CRAZY PACKED (I may be stuck watching and listening on a diff floor), no guarentee of "real" favors, only spinnin for 6 hours (standing around unable to lift my arms for 3 hrs anxiously awaiting his arrival), he's a PRODUCER over a dj and his sets lack in the technical skills

I was thinking of just doin DT Friday and driving up to Montreal to see PVD this weekend....what do you all think???? :rolleyes:

. . Van Dyk actually threw down quite the set at Space this past Sunday . . he even added a little flavor of breaks into it . . all in all it was a very intelligent set . . maybe he's trying to get more refined on the DJ side of things instead of just producing . . .

. . . I'd suggest going to see him, cause I'd be curious to see if he's gonna take it on a more intelligent route once again . . . and plus, as you stated, you've seen DT several million times . . . go for the one shot, Danny will be there next weekend . . .

DT.

This is my last weekend of partying, because I'm back playing at Exit again next week, so this Friday will be my last night for awile to go and enjoy my maaaaaaan, Danny Tenaglia.

PVD sounds good, but 40$, eh not feelin it, and the crowd is going to be mobbbbbbbed.

Maybe I won't even go out. blah.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Van Dyk actually threw down quite the set at Space this past Sunday . . he even added a little flavor of breaks into it . . all in all it was a very intelligent set . . maybe he's trying to get more refined on the DJ side of things instead of just producing . . .

. . . I'd suggest going to see him, cause I'd be curious to see if he's gonna take it on a more intelligent route once again . . . and plus, as you stated, you've seen DT several million times . . . go for the one shot, Danny will be there next weekend . . .

dude...judging by the way you described it...PvD's always played like that...

Originally posted by Crackorn

I've been stressing over the same choice but right now it looks like PVD since I haven't seen him in ages upon ages.

hey crackorn maybe ill bump into u there

i am plannin on pvd but ill probably end up at vinyl after

so why not do both?

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . .dude, you know my M.O. . . how many times have I even thought about that guy? . . .

man, now you've got me wanting to check him out tomorrow.. prolly not going cuz i have to work saturday, but it sounds like he may have thrown down a set similar to his last appearence at twilo last year for the 2 year anni.. 8+ hours.. hard as balls..

then again, if he plays like he did the 3 appearences before the 2year.. :knife:

Klohe, I saw both PVD and DT in Miami at Space. Those 6 and a half hours of PVD were the absolute best hours spent at a club in all my life. I was literally taken to some other dimension through PVD's set. It was unbelievable.

I saw DT for 14 hours in Space from Monday at 10:30 PM to Tuesday at 12:30 PM. DT was DT. He didn't do anything different from his birthday party a few weeks ago. He spent half the night talking to the crowd since half the people there were big time DJ's, producers and other industry people. You can see him every single Friday.

I wish I could get off my ass and see PVD again tommorow, but I am done, completely in every way. If PVD plays in any way like he did in Miami, you MUST see him. It was my first time ever seeing him and he blew me away. He is so far beyond any other DJ out there. Do not miss the chance to see him.

Originally posted by klohe

Where shall I go tomorrow night????

DT

PLUS: guarenteed 8 hours of bangin beats, familiar crowd (easily obtained goodies), hard and loud system, my favorite dj

MINUS: I go there every week and need a change

PVD

PLUS: haven't seen him in a about a year, always have fun @ his sets

MINUS: CRAZY PACKED (I may be stuck watching and listening on a diff floor), no guarentee of "real" favors, only spinnin for 6 hours (standing around unable to lift my arms for 3 hrs anxiously awaiting his arrival), he's a PRODUCER over a dj and his sets lack in the technical skills

I was thinking of just doin DT Friday and driving up to Montreal to see PVD this weekend....what do you all think???? :rolleyes:

Babes DT...but if you need new flavor go to PVD... Danny wont be upset hun...hehe:tongue: But ya know PVD will be overly crowded and I know how much you hate that..yet DT is getting like that too :( Anyway, I would go to DT if it were my choice;)

people. are you kidding. DT you can go and see about every friday night. there are ruffly 52 fridays. How many fridays a year can you see paul van dyk period.thats my answer. it is a rare occasion that we get to party with pvd.