Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Secrets to make PVD @ SF a success

Well, i want ya to come reallllllllllllllllll close to the screen so you can see what im about to write. Its prolly seriously the best kept secret anyone can tell you for what your expecting tomorrow night...

STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Lock yourself in a tight closet for about 8 hours tonite and that should prepare you for tomorrow......:rolleyes:

god point....also try and hang pepporoni,salami and other italian delicasies on coat hangers so you get the TRUEEEEEEEEE FEEL.

Originally posted by capricorn13

Love PVD. Don't love meatheads and shirtless fucks. Tell me what I need to know about tomorrow so I have a good time regardless of the scene. I have never been to SF (nor ever wanted to go)

Hopefully the music will guide me.

I miss Twilo

:cry:

SF has one of the elite sound systems in NYC, and kickass somewhat classy setup for a crackden. My favorite club.. No secrets, just enjoy and have a good time.. PVD will attract his crowd. I take it u have a fear for shirtless fucks b/c you are not happy or comforterable with your body and jealous of those whom are not. SF saturdays attracts a good looking crowd, most of those shirtless I agree are annoying as hell at times, but it just adds to the element of craziness within the evening...

Cant wait til tomorrow!!!!:D

Thanks for the info xcracker. I appreciate it.

No fear or jealousy of the shirtless, I just feel that there is a better time to flex than at a club with thousands of people, like the post-club girl rub down.

But I guess some people are here "To Pump..........you up"

Signed,

No Girly Man

:rolleyes: i might get some shit for this reply/comment but, seriously this is getting so tired and redundant about ppl complainging about the factory heads and what or what not to expect tonight.

and if this was at exit, i am sure y'all would be crying about that they are going to be too many asians there.. how are we going to enjoy PVD and the music with all the asians there taking over the place... wah wah wah

you know what. you go to a club to dance and enjyo the music with your friends. no one is forcing you to interact with the other ppl there and if you happen to meet some cool ppl -- BONUS :idea: but why are you wasting your time worrying about the juiceheads that could or could not be there????

i mean yes, many ppl that go to the factory on saturdays go to get banged up regardless of how well JP plays. but i think tongiht the only saturday regulars you will see at SF are the ppl that are going for the music and appreciate PVD. they just happen to be some big muscular dudes who dont wear shirts (cuz gawd knows its hot in there) lol

point blank its going to be crowded, but if they had it any other venue in this city i still think you would be running into theh crowd factor. so ppl suggest limiting thhe # of ppl? fine if they do that then you would hear later on how Factory are assholes for not letting everyone in! its really a no win situation.

so have fun tonight and make the best of the situation. like you said, let the music guide you! :hat:

Right on, NYCCHIC! Way to set me straight, I guess I haven't done the huge, crazy club experience since Twilo closed.

Vinyl, Centro-Fly, and S&D @ Cipriani don't count. I was more concerned about my friends who are less flexible with the crowd flexibility than I am.

If you go tonight, have a kick-ass time. If I run into you, a free drink is on me!

"I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead"

Originally posted by capricorn13

Right on, NYCCHIC! Way to set me straight, I guess I haven't done the huge, crazy club experience since Twilo closed.

Vinyl, Centro-Fly, and S&D @ Cipriani don't count. I was more concerned about my friends who are less flexible with the crowd flexibility than I am.

If you go tonight, have a kick-ass time. If I run into you, a free drink is on me!

"I'll get plenty of sleep when I'm dead"

LOL thanks. i am glad you took a positive approach to my comment. :D and yes i will be there tonight too. and i too have been coaching my anti-factory friends this week too!

and i hope you have a great time too. just go there with an open mind -- you may be surprised. ;)

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Lock yourself in a tight closet for about 8 hours tonite and that should prepare you for tomorrow......:rolleyes:

LOL yeah I'm bout to go lock myself in a closet blasting the heater in there with some PVD playing for about 4 hours.. if I survive, I'll THINK about going to Facotry tonite.. :blown:

Secrets to making PVD tonight a success:

1. Be prepared to WAIT a LONG time to do everything: to get in, to get searched, to pay, to check your coat, to go to the bathroom, to walk up and down the stairs... you get the idea. (By the way, its supposed to start raining around midnight, so bring an umbrella!)

2. Dress for comfort, not to impress: its going to be packed and a billion degrees in there, plus PVD is gonna make you want to DANCE, so girls, leave your 5 inch stilettos at home, and guys, tonight is not the night to wear that too-tight ribbed sweater, no matter how ripped it makes you look.

3. Don't get wrecked: whatever your drug or vice of choice, don't overdo it because you'll run the risk of missing an amazing show, not to mention getting really fucked up

4. Go with someone who's fun: nothing sucks more than when a much-anticipated night out is ruined by friends who don't like going out. So if any of your crew is tired, sick, closed-minded, claustrophobic, Sound Factory-phobic, trance-phobic or just whines a lot, don't bring them! Go by yourself if you have to; just don't bring along friends (or significant others) who are prone to suddenly not feeling well about 5 minutes after you check your coat.

5. Go for the music: PVD is an incredible DJ and barely ever comes to NYC anymore, so tonight is all about the music. If you want to find a date, pick a fight, be fabulous and be "seen," score some drugs, get wasted or do anything other than dance, enjoy yourself & lose yourself in the music, go somewhere else!

6. Keep an open mind: no matter how competently SF handles this event, not everything is going to go smoothly, so be patient and realize that lines, crowds, exorbitant prices and random assholes are the price we have to pay (for now) for top-level DJ talent until NYC gets a decent venue for these artists. But tonight, as has been debated in many a post on this board, there are going to be all types of people representing at PVD tonight from "juiceheads" to "asians" to "ravers" to "fake tit girls" to "PVD fans" (not sure what stereotype that's supposed to be!), so not matter who or what you are, be tolerant and remember that everyone is there for the same reason you are for the love of the music.

And finally, last but definitely not least....

7. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there!

xoxo

Alexandra

Oh shit I forgot about how HELLISH the coat check is at Factory.. I haven't been there in a while, but last time I was there I waited literally 54 minutes on the coat check line to drop my coat off.. it was so unbelievably ridiculous.. :blown:

Oh yeah, and I just got out from that cramped closet space, and something's telling me I doubt I'm making it out tonite.. :rolleyes: