Clubplanet Nightlife Community

relationships with ex's?

mssabina

i have a weird sort of relationship with my ex-bf, we talk on and off, we're friendly and whatnot, and now i feel like things are going back to how they used to be....i was wondering if any of you have ever had a successful relationship reuniting with an ex? we never had a harsh break up and we've been pretty good friends, i'm realizing lately that i miss him... we've been calling each other and hanging out a bit...do you think its okay to go back with someone you had a relationship with and let fall apart? i'm going by what my heart feels like right now, i'm not sure if i should expect heartbreak or happiness....

Sometimes its all for the better not to talk to them anymore. My X and I broke up on really bad terms and he tried to get me back while I was seeing someone else who ended up becoming my boyfriend. I guess he finally got the hint I really didn't ever care to see him anymore once I told him I had a new boyfriend. He called me asking to be civil so I gave him the benfit of the doubt and jus say hi to him when I see him. It's up to you girl, if u guys broke up on good terms and it does not make you feel weird talking to him or saying hi to him be my guest and go for it, but always follow ur heart:)

Guest bellaragazza

you have nothing to lose, just give it a shot.. if it doesnt work out then it doesnt work out but alteast you wont be left wondering what if??

just follow your heart.

Seems like my kind of story.

I just had a lot of ups and downs in my relationship, things got worser and worse, even if we thought it couldn't. We had to stop because of the fact that things ran out of hand. We were frustrated and made one classic mistake....we tried to build our relationship towards a picture we both had in mind. A pic of a perfect relationship. That relationship ended in one big ugly fight and both of us crying on the floor. We desides not to go one step further, calmed down and both went our own way. We both got the chance to live like singles again and we also had another "small" relationship in between, just to figure out that we missed eachother, you see when the foundation is o.k. and you both feel comfortable with eachother and respect the fact that both of you will remain individuals in your relationship, then there will be no harm done.....stay honest to eachother and to yourself and speak freely....that will lead to full understanding..weither it works out or not. Anyway my ex and I seemed to feel the same. We met eachother downtown, just by faith, no date what so ever, looked at eachother and fell in eachothers arms.....and now we're back together again.

Wish you all the luck and strength.....

thanks for all of your advice and opinions...i needed others perspective b/c it's hard for me to be objective in a situation like this... i'm biased because i'm playing on my emotions instead of my head. i'm not sure what i'm going to do yet, but i'm going away for a week and have some time to think about everything and let him figure out what he wants. fiery, i usually feel the same way about looking forward instead of into the past, but this guy just does something to me... oooh the frustration...:(:mad:

thanks again dahlings :D

Guest bellaragazza

I have now changed my mind..

it it doesnt work the first time around it wont work the second.

Originally posted by bellaragazza

I have now changed my mind..

it it doesnt work the first time around it wont work the second.

Follow your heart, that will always work. You'll ask yourself the same questions over and over again, the next couple of weeks/months.... Basicly nobody can give you the right advice, I tried to share my situation with you and even compared it, but at the end it's your heart that desides. Just go with the flow and try to relax while pushing forward...I think that's all I can say...that together with my previous words.

i say, just move on... it's not worth getting your emotions involved all over again... just came out of a long relationship myself and to tell you the truth, i wished things would have worked out with her... but things turn out for a reason. you just got to accept and move on...

I had a few encounters with my x's. It's like trying to glue a broken vaze back together, it will never be the same. you have to realize that people don't change, and if you had a reason to stop seeing the guy, it had to be the right reason, it's the councious decision that you came to based upon his behavior or whatnot. So don't waste your time and his, don't build any illusions, that things are going to be different now, just move on...

It's sometimes better to think ahead of time, rather then give in to your emotions.

I'd say that the girl I've been seeing has been 'hinting' that she'd rather be with her ex... the guy, evidently, was an asshole to her... and fucked around or whatever... but I say, maybe thats what she needs... some people need to feel used and abused, I guess:(

my guy friend just told me that the girl he was with said that she cant be with him because she wants an asshole?!?!?! That some of her ex's were like that and she wants that type of guy so she's gettin back with one of her asshole ex bf's...ok i dont get it...I would rather have a nice guy...i dont know maybe its just me:confused: :confused:

Good luck, babe... I'm going to have to echo everyone else and say follow your heart... but keep your head on. It's hard not to fall into old habits, which might be fun for awhile, but in the end the problems that caused the break up remain...

Approach with caution,

~kitten >^.^<

Originally posted by misk

i once learned from an episode of 7th heaven.....*u can't find your future by looking in the past*.....however.....i myself am SO stuck in my past that i should have eyes in the back of my head!

LOL.....that was very cute:)

I rarely ever speak to girls that I had dated. It gets kind of weird when you HAD an intimate relationship with someone and then you don't. I feel if you broke up in the first place there were reasons why and the second time around, nothing is going to change. I usually reserve the breakups till im so unhappy with the relationship and can't stand to be near that person. Go for what you believe is right Chica, just prepare your heart and mind that things might not work out, and you should be fine. :tongue: