Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Damn I Wish I Went To A Huge University

every year when i watch the ncaa tournament i just wish i was at a school with big time sports teams....maryland university is partying mad hard right now...i was an athlethe all my life and i know how it feels to be in games like that,,,not on that level obviously but i know the emotions involved......

Originally posted by msoprano13

every year when i watch the ncaa tournament i just wish i was at a school with big time sports teams....maryland university is partying mad hard right now...i was an athlethe all my life and i know how it feels to be in games like that,,,not on that level obviously but i know the emotions involved......

Being an ex-athlete I hear ya....I won plenty of times in college - but not being able to win the big one still haunts me to this day!

:(

I played so many sports in high school.. My favorite was volleyball. played in 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, fresh and soph in college.. i didnt get to play this year b/c im in my 3rd year at a 2 year college.. im sooooooo upset.. i cant wait to go to st josephs next year just to play volleyball!!!!!

funny you bring that up... i was thinking the same thing as i was watching the game... my school just turned D1 this year... they're horrible...

anyway i was thinking how much fun it must be to have a great team to root for and watch... and maryland is one of the schools ive been thinking of transfering to...

seeming more and more like a good idea... :D

graduating froma ahigh school that ws no bigger than 900 students i def wanted a change and applied to all Div I schools ( Uconn, UMD -- college park :D, Marquette and UF ) I also played sports throughout Junior and Senior High School and i am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE sports freak. OJay is right, you cannot beat the experience going to a big time Division I collge. (but you also hvae to be very disciplined to get your work done as well :laugh: )

there is nothinglike a saturday afternoon in the Fall with 85,000 of your favorite friends wearing the orange and blue screaming their faces off and holding hands at the end of the 3rd quarter singing "we are the boys...." nad yes their is sucha feeling of euphoria that you cannot get from any drug when you win a national championship and beating one of your biggest rivals at the same time (96 New orleans sugar bowl baby!) but you also feel that the world is going to end when you face the misery of defeat and you hang your head in shame and cry in your beer with the other 40,000 plus students on campus. but then you think -- Just wait til next year!!! :)

haha GO GATORS ! I will forever bleed orange and blue!

attachment.php?s=&postid=757941

Originally posted by nycchic24

(but you also hvae to be very disciplined to get your work done as well :laugh: )

there is nothinglike a saturday afternoon in the Fall with 85,000 of your favorite friends wearing the orange and blue screaming their faces off and holding hands at the end of the 3rd quarter singing "we are the boys...." attachment.php?s=&postid=757941

you are soooo right. being in the swamp just can't be BEAT--the BIG school experience is irreplaceable...celebrating with thousands of people like they are your best friends cause you just kicked the CRAP out of some other, lesser team like *cough*U of M or *cough*FSU*cough* is pretty special...

but ghhhhost, as for 94% drunk, you are way off--it is about 110 %, lol :)

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

you are soooo right. being in the swamp just can't be BEAT--the BIG school experience is irreplaceable...celebrating with thousands of people like they are your best friends cause you just kicked the CRAP out of some other, lesser team like *cough*U of M or *cough*FSU*cough* is pretty special...

but ghhhhost, as for 94% drunk, you are way off--it is about 110 %, lol :)

*Cough* National Champions *Cough* :tongue:

Originally posted by nycchic24

slrap.gif i think we can call a truce here bc we dont even play each other.. duh kopfpatsch.gif

why dont we channel our energy and hatred against... :idea:

them ------->attachment.php?s=&postid=758061

Screw that....LETS GO RUTGERS!!!

sorry...it's the only local team we have :blank:

bro you know i feel the same way..

theres barely a day goes by i dont' space out and start thinking about sports from high school.. a part of me wished i didnt' just decide to concentrate on studies and actually played ball in school(nyu has no baseball or football teams.. lol) but in the end i figured it better to do what i did.. it would be very enjoyable right now if i were, but would be next to impossible w/ my schedule.. as is i have no time between work school and commute.. if nyu wasnt' d 3 basketball there'd be a much better chance i would have tried to play..

People get lost at big schools..my school only has like 2300 people per class but the school rules the town (UVA in Charlottesville)...and hell yeah about sports..Div1 ACC we get to have all the fun...nice thing about my school if you have a valid school id all athletic events are free (yeah that is called rubbing it in.

Aside from watching UVA athletes like Terry Kirby, The Barber brothers.....memories like being on the goal line rushing the field when we beat FSU in football, watching Grant HIll, Rasheed Wallace, Jason Williams, Juan Dixon, Vince Carter, Jamison and all those type of players while they were in college busting their nuts in an 8000person stadium for free was pretty friggin special!!!!! Not to mention i'm a soccer nut and uva never lost a playoff game while i was there for 4 years!!!!!

Just goes to say ACC RULES!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the 11th biggest university in the country (South Florida) for undergrad, and we still suck at pretty much every sport. Barely made the NIT in basketball, and got no respect as a I-A independent, going 7-4, beating 4 bowl teams (including Pitt), and still not getting a single vote in any of the polls. Maybe once we join a conference...

Oh, and BTW, I grew up an FSU fan. Should I be ashamed up here??