Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold @ Centro-Fly, Thursday 4/18

Oakenfold will be at Centro-Fly, Thursday, April 18th.

So, seeing as how Subliminal Sessions has moved from Centro-Fly to Shelter and this is also the first night of their new party there, anyone else think this is a pretty strong response from Centro-Fly to losing Subliminal Sessions?

im sorry, but im not into Monkey boy, but for the people that do like him, Centro? Little old Centro-fly, that use to be TRamps?

Smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll PLACE for such a Well Known, over Sea's DJ, That LINE outside, should be FUUUUUN, lol not to mention 3,000 people crame dinto a space that maybe holds 1,000, ehhhh

My take here is...

With Subliminal going to Shelter, a wise move for Centro-Fly might be to actually become more glammy than it already is. The entire Subliminal move gives Centro a chance (or rather, a need) to really decide for themselves where they want to go as a club.

Booking Oakenfold was a good move for them, I think, despite the obvious logistical nightmares that might evolve from the night. Because to me, the whole affair screams "LOOK AT US!". Centro is popular, yes...but I'm not sure that it was a really wide popularity base outside of the serious clubbing community (as opposed to the (former) "super clubs" such as Exit, Limelight, Tunnel, Twilo, etc.)

An obvious cure for this is to get that reputation out. And as much as I can't stand him most of the time, monkey boy is as mainstream as they come in the DJ circle now...and Centro's reputation can ride pretty far on his name alone. With that being said, I'm honestly surprised that it's not being promoted more.

If i'm in the city that night maybe i'll swing by Centro. Laugh at the rediculous line outside and then head over to Shelter. BTW, is there still a no cover list before 11pm going on there?

I agree with Xpander, this is a good time for them decide whether they want bring in the pretty crowd and revolve around that idea.

Oakie at centro sounds like the making of a miserable night!! The place is going to be so packed you won't be able to move. The line outside will be so long that:

a - you are going wait 1-1/2 to get in or

b - you won't get in at all.

When Timo Maas was there in Sept. (or Oct), I got tossed off the line by the bouncers - they said they were at capacity!! I didn't get their that late either, only about a half hour after they opened!!!

Originally posted by xpander

My take here is...

With Subliminal going to Shelter, a wise move for Centro-Fly might be to actually become more glammy than it already is. The entire Subliminal move gives Centro a chance (or rather, a need) to really decide for themselves where they want to go as a club.

Booking Oakenfold was a good move for them, I think, despite the obvious logistical nightmares that might evolve from the night. Because to me, the whole affair screams "LOOK AT US!". Centro is popular, yes...but I'm not sure that it was a really wide popularity base outside of the serious clubbing community (as opposed to the (former) "super clubs" such as Exit, Limelight, Tunnel, Twilo, etc.)

An obvious cure for this is to get that reputation out. And as much as I can't stand him most of the time, monkey boy is as mainstream as they come in the DJ circle now...and Centro's reputation can ride pretty far on his name alone. With that being said, I'm honestly surprised that it's not being promoted more.

. . indeed . . . :laugh: . . . he does have a huge skull . . . .