Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What did you get on your SAT's?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by dr0ne

I took mine junior year of high school and scored a 1520, 800 math, 720 verbal.

I was pretty impressed with my verbal score considering the fact that I didn't speak A WORD of english 5 years prior to taking the test. :tongue:

But either way, your score on this test doesn't mean jack shit....it's a fucking stupid test and they should get rid of it. I think the AP exams are a lot more reasonable....even though they're a joke, they do a better job of assessing one's knowledge (which isn't what the SATs are supposed to do but that's what it ends up doing anyway).

I agree with you, but that's the system though. Gotta work with it. The company that puts out the SAT, called ETS, is one of the *wealthiest* "not for profit" (:rolleyes: ) corporations in the country. It's THE monopoly for standardized testing and has a lot of influence. It, and the SAT, ain't goin anywhere.

Originally posted by mjr203

I think everyone should protest answering this dumb ass question

:tongue:

Bro, your avatar is funny as shit..............

Tony, you got an IQ that high? Shit, the last time I took an IQ test I was in the sixth grade and I scored a 163......now, with years of brain cell damage and abuse to my hemebral cortex, I'm sure that has dropped considerably.

I'm guessing 83 right about now

:)

Originally posted by o-jay®

I agree with you, but that's the system though. Gotta work with it. The company that puts out the SAT, called ETS, is one of the *wealthiest* "not for profit" (:rolleyes: ) corporations in the country. It's THE monopoly for standardized testing and has a lot of influence. It, and the SAT, ain't goin anywhere.

Yeah but they should still do something to change it....I mean the verbal section measures your ability to memorize words and the math section measures your ability to catch trick questions....its pathetic.

Originally posted by dr0ne

Yeah but they should still do something to change it....I mean the verbal section measures your ability to memorize words and the math section measures your ability to catch trick questions....its pathetic.

I agree.......but then again, most schools know this and don't really take into mind the SAT's as the ability to be a student. Thats why the SAT's is just another tool to gauge a person's potentioal........not THE gauge.

Originally posted by roninmess

iu got a 1030..... but i fuckin forgot my calculator, and I don't care who you are, you need a calculator on them shits. I didn't feel like retaking them.

yea i forgot mine too.. hahaha

prolly had somethign to do w/ the fact that i was out fairly late the nite before ;)

took it once.. 1310.. ok at best, but then again i really didn't give a shit in high school..

Originally posted by o-jay®

Oh wait, AND I got that score before they adjusted the SAT average, so I probably did even better than some of the youngins with high scores. :D

when did they adjust scores?

also, did you take APs? i took the BC calc AFTER they got rid of the calculator on 3 q's and i got a 5 ;)

Originally posted by dialectics

i thought i would never have to hear about the SATs again (as much as they whine, your scores really don't follow you for the rest of your life)

based on your avatar alone, i have to say this:

I LOVE YOU

(but will u go out with someone who only got a 1350?)

its ok tho 'cause i kicked ass on my GREs.

i hate talking about my sats...i feel like i did shit on my verbal (660) hhahaha

my bf still brags about my sat scores to colleagues lol...i'm like jesus it's not a 1600 lol...i think i'm just good at math...i should have majored in it but after awhile it gets to that logic probability crap and its boring hahahhah

i'm just waitin to see what happens when i take my GMATs!

Got a 1550 (800M/750V) and a full ride through undergrad. Now I'm at NYU Law (168 LSATS for those who care...) As for AP credits, I came into undergrad with 35 credits, 11 CLEP (all in foreign language), 6 college study, and 18 AP.

This is still fucking stupid though. I wouldn't be answering this if I wasn't drunk...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Got a 1550 (800M/750V) and a full ride through undergrad. Now I'm at NYU Law (168 LSATS for those who care...) As for AP credits, I came into undergrad with 35 credits, 11 CLEP (all in foreign language), 6 college study, and 18 AP.

This is still fucking stupid though. I wouldn't be answering this if I wasn't drunk...

nyu law sucks! :D

nah, if i wanted to do law school, that would def. be my first choice...except for the fact of a bitchy professor i had that teaches at nyu law...that would make me NOT want to go there hahah

Originally posted by lillizzy

nyu law sucks! :D

nah, if i wanted to do law school, that would def. be my first choice...except for the fact of a bitchy professor i had that teaches at nyu law...that would make me NOT want to go there hahah

Any professor in particular? In the two years I've been here, I've only had one professor I really don't like (and that's this semester), and It's really not that hard to avoid a professor you already know you won't dig...

oh, neat. while we're on the subject of stats, why don't you tell them about the size of your...

record collection.

Any professor in particular? In the two years I've been here, I've only had one professor I really don't like (and that's this semester), and It's really not that hard to avoid a professor you already know you won't dig...

harvey?

i think that's her name, i dropped the class

Originally posted by djmissbliss

1540 (790M, 750V) I got an 800 on my SAT II writing too, that was cool.

Graduated college in 3 years and still managed to study abroad for a semester in Nepal. Who's your daddy?

Ooh, smart, sexy AND talented...the only thing that would make you more perfect is if you gave me a spot at Big Apple Breaks hehe