Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What did you get on your SAT's?

>>Ooh, smart, sexy AND talented...the only thing that would make you more

>>perfect is if you gave me a spot at Big Apple Breaks hehe

SATs have nothign to do with smart. If you're good at taking tests you're good at it.

and deanna11, you're just jealous. (kidding! KIDDING!) ;)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djmissbliss

>>Ooh, smart, sexy AND talented...the only thing that would make you more

>>perfect is if you gave me a spot at Big Apple Breaks hehe

SATs have nothign to do with smart. If you're good at taking tests you're good at it.

and deanna11, you're just jealous. (kidding! KIDDING!) ;)

Trust me, I know....I wrote my dissertation on the racial bias of standardized tests and how the dispirate impact standard should be used in courts to govern them...

Originally posted by lillizzy

when did they adjust scores?

also, did you take APs? i took the BC calc AFTER they got rid of the calculator on 3 q's and i got a 5 ;)

They adjusted the scores in 1995, a year after I took the SATs. The mean used to be 1000, but it had slipped to about 900 because people were getting lower scores. ETS felt the answer was score inflation so they adjusted the mean upward by 100 points.

It's hard to say what you would have gotten if you took the exam before 1995. Recalibrating scores based on a new standards introduces biases into the equation (wow, I actually learned something in stats :) )

Anywayz I had 16 AP credits, and a five on BC Calc. Math is my strength, but I'm in lawschool now, so it's pretty useless to me. What a waste. :half:

I got a 1300... Got a scholarship to college and proceeded to not only lose it but fail out of school my freshman year...

Thank the lord they let me back in and had a 2nd grade option (retake any class in your first 60 credits and the new grade stands). With the help of summer classes and a few 18 credit semesters... I graduated in 4 years and brought up my GPA to 3.2.

Sorry...I am still pretty impressed with myself (not about the failing out part :( ).

ack SATs!!! Totally disappoint for me!!! I was #29 out of about 650 kids in my classes...straight As everything argh....Then I take the SATs and didnt even make it over 1000....first time 980...2nd time 860....third time....970....total combined of a 990....and there went my hope any sort of scholarship $$

Originally posted by brickhouse

I'm just curious, but when did the SATs start letting people use calculators? Just wondering, they weren't allowed back when I took em...

I was wondering that too- I don't think I was allowed to use one...

Shit I just realized that I took this test ten years ago... :screwy:

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Greeks? The average is prolly around 610 total or so..........

Not exactly the smartest nationality, but good in other ways:)

I cant believe you went out on us like that...damn...soooo disappointed...

As for me, too old to remember...took them before Tasty did..

I think it was 1170...went to Rutgers College of Engineering and turned down Syracuse cause they were too damn expensive...

Damn, you're a dinosaur.....did they even have calculators back then?

lol, i didn't even know there was even a time when they didn't let you use calculators.

got a 940 first time i took em in 8th grade.

3 years later and 3rd time around: 1400 :(

no scholarship to nyu but still here

Originally posted by dr0ne

I took mine junior year of high school and scored a 1520, 800 math, 720 verbal.

I was pretty impressed with my verbal score considering the fact that I didn't speak A WORD of english 5 years prior to taking the test. :tongue:

But either way, your score on this test doesn't mean jack shit....it's a fucking stupid test and they should get rid of it. I think the AP exams are a lot more reasonable....even though they're a joke, they do a better job of assessing one's knowledge (which isn't what the SATs are supposed to do but that's what it ends up doing anyway).

Wow, I got the same, but reversed verbal/math. I forgot my calculator and pencil, but someone lent me. (you know those kids who arrive with 10 pencils and three calculators?)

The bullshit is true though, and its all economics too....I danced with the devil and tutored SATs for years and its all about the rich kids paying to be babied into the Ivies while the only people who actually are taking it cold are the lower income kids in who have already gotten less prep.

Damn, you're a dinosaur.....did they even have calculators back then?

they used the souvlokus... where they would move pieces of random meat from one side of the stick to the other to do calculations...

Originally posted by joeg

they used the souvlokus... where they would move pieces of random meat from one side of the stick to the other to do calculations...

They had a helluva time grading our exams tho, what with all the yogurt sauce getting everywhere...