Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jimmy's In Morristown

Originally posted by lesdig

Honestly, dont waste your time. I've been there a couple of times and everytime has been worst then the previous one. Its god awful, cheesy music and crowd:blown:

UMMM.....YEAH!

good place to go w/ non clubber friends...the music is barely ok..very 103.5 mainstream... set up is weird, 3 different enviroments... Very morristowny yuppie wannabe type crowd with an occasional few clubbers that kinda stick out b/c we are so much better looking...

usuall attracts hot chics... never had problem w/ eye candy there..

whole time there youll be wishin you were somewhere else, but it is fun for a change... like i said above... great place to take non clubber friends w/out culture shocking them...

early night, last call at 130, I always end up never planning to, but hittin city afterwards to make up for lost sat night time... thats just me though..

Its ok...:D

Originally posted by xcracker

good place to go w/ non clubber friends...the music is barely ok..very 103.5 mainstream... set up is weird, 3 different enviroments... Very morristowny yuppie wannabe type crowd with an occasional few clubbers that kinda stick out b/c we are so much better looking...

whole time there youll be wishin you were somewhere else, but it is fun for a change... like i said above... great place to take non clubber friends w/out culture shocking them...

early night, last call at 130, I always end up never planning to, but hittin city afterwards to make up for lost sat night time... thats just me though..

DITTO! Spare your self...if you can!

If you need a date spot for someone who's not in the scene try Hoboken's Cadillac Bar or 10th and Willow. Jimmy's is posion...I'd rather stay home and sleep, if you can't enjoy your Sat nite you may as well enjoy your Sunday!

Originally posted by xcracker

Yeah, I think you summed it up the best...key words being non-clubber.

Jimmy's caters to well educated, weekend warrior types - alot of them (over 2500 people each weekend). Most of these "non-clubbers" have lives far away from Clubplanet Boards & AG. They are not really interested in the latest music, just solid KTU-type dance hits (how on earth did they become hits anyway?) Nor do they care about the latest Bang Bang wear, or whatever Armani X shite"clubbers" waste their minimum wage on. They simply want to have drinks, meet, drink & have a good time.

With this in mind, can you name another establishment under the same ownership still in business after 23 years?

Flizz - the word you are looking to use is "there", not "thier"

you'll never win your high school spelling bee with that.

You should have hit the bookmobile when it came around.

X Cracker got it right "good place to go with non clubber friends

yep - its been open for 24 years - since 1978..all the time owned by Jimmy Cavenaugh...first as Society Hill till 1989 then as South Street then as Jimmy's now known as Jimmy's Haunt...The place has never been known as a spot to check out new music..its allways been a hit/top 40 palace. still even tho Ive never been either to Jimmy's or jimmy's Haunt - I know its never going to either be sold or close up..Cavenaugh is RICH and the restaurant is a convienient tax write-off for him. Society Hill was alot of fun back in the day but it always ran in 2nd place (as far as being a new music or hip place) to the other clubs that opened in Mo-Town whether they were Hurricane Alley, Bennigans, Boca Bay or now this Shark Bar place....Having played 8 years there (in Morristown) I can say I allways liked the crowds that came out...especially when Hurricane Alley was open...

Originally posted by dtrave

Jimmy's caters to well educated, weekend warrior types - alot of them (over 2500 people each weekend). Most of these "non-clubbers" have lives far away from Clubplanet Boards & AG. They are not really interested in the latest music, just solid KTU-type dance hits (how on earth did they become hits anyway?) Nor do they care about the latest Bang Bang wear, or whatever Armani X shite"clubbers" waste their minimum wage on. They simply want to have drinks, meet, drink & have a good time.

With this in mind, can you name another establishment under the same ownership still in business after 23 years?

Flizz - the word you are looking to use is "there", not "thier"

you'll never win your high school spelling bee with that.

You should have hit the bookmobile when it came around.

X Cracker got it right "good place to go with non clubber friends

Dont get your knickers in a twist over peoples opinions. And please dont try to belittle the people who post on here. Afterall, you came on here to post this didnt you.

On another note...Jimmy's is haunted by the ghost of Phoebe (i think she was the maid or something). She was murdered there long ago. Jimmys used to be on the Morristown Ghost tour thingy I think. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong.

Originally posted by dtrave

They simply want to have drinks, meet, drink & have a good time.

How's about TGI Fridays? All the same crap w/o the pretense...

Jimmys in Morristown, what a fucking joke:laugh:

The place sucks my left nut! I went there with like 20 heads a couple times because I had too, I only live like 15 mins away from that hole.TERRIBLE, almost as bad as the Office and Palm Grill!

I just stayed down stairs and beat the shit out of the rgular fuesball players all night long! They were like"WOW your awsome" I was like fuck off and buy me another beer because I beat your sorry ass! What a bunch of herbs! I can't stop laughing thinking about that place. I'll go back there one night when I'm bored and pick on the tough guys who think there big because they wear a shirt that says staff.

Actually Dave The Rave is a very smoother mixer and he does have decent tracks just not the crowd that wants to hear them. They are the type that start slow dancing during a breakdown.

Security is uptight and anal retentive. They only speak 3 words "seven dollars" and "ID's". They are the type who would charge Denny to get in.

And tempkid, I was there with SuperJay about 4 weeks ago and we got thrown out of Jimmys as a tribute to you.