Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Glow Sticks or Strings - That is the question...

After reading the reply's it seems like sticks and strings are a part of the club scene in NYC.

Nobody makes you pick-up sticks or ropes, it's a way of expressing yourself in a club filled with thousands. Some dance, some rave, some just get straight fucked up.

In response to all the posts, diversity is what makes this city the best fuckin place in the world. So absord the energy and keep clubbin it up!

l8er,

dave

Originally posted by davenaves

After reading the reply's it seems like sticks and strings are a part of the club scene in NYC.

Nobody makes you pick-up sticks or ropes, it's a way of expressing yourself in a club filled with thousands. Some dance, some rave, some just get straight fucked up.

In response to all the posts, diversity is what makes this city the best fuckin place in the world. So absord the energy and keep clubbin it up!

l8er,

dave

well put:cool: :hat:

l8er,

dave

you too my friend....amen once again

the people on the second page of this thread (for the most part) seem to have a more level-headed, open-minded approach to this debate. it's all about having a good time and self-expression. rock on.

i think vinyl's "no glowsticks" policy is ridiculous. doing the glow thing isn't hurting anyone; if ya don't like it, don't look!

but as far as sticks v. strings goes, i say strings. i can only recall one time when i was really impressed by a plain old stick show, and i think i was just a wee bit influenced by the fact that the performer was an incredibly yummy, beautiful, shirtless boy :tongue: . i fell in love in about a minute :spin2: , but that's another story...

Originally posted by weyes

it's all about having a good time and self-expression. rock on.

i think vinyl's "no glowsticks" policy is ridiculous. doing the glow thing isn't hurting anyone; if ya don't like it, don't look!

Couldn't be said any better... :)

nothing beats those orange high-intensity sticks when the person who has them knows how to use them. Damn rings of fire look so nice...

Originally posted by dolik

Glowsticks were cool....in England....about TEN YEARS AGO!!!!

j/k

Well personally, I enjoy getting bugged out by a good glowstick show when I'm rolling. I don't know which one gets more respect but from personal experience...I always used to use stix before I learned how to dance...they were like my support...then I learned some moves and I didn't need them anymore.

I dont respect strings too much because they take up madd space BUT....if some1 busts out orange high-intensity stixx on strings and just starts....spitting fire...I would be the first to give them a pound and give them respect cuz thats skill, "kiddie" stuff or not...

I agree, I love doing strings and make sure that I don't do them if there are too many people. It is a pain when someone in the middle of a crowded dance floor breaks them out. I try to find a place where I can do them in peace. If there are too many people just put them away for awhile.

The high intenstiy sticks are the sickest!!!

halloween16.jpg

Is true respect earned from the sticks, or the ropes?

I'm personally not great at either, but every car ride up to Exit, I have to deal with the same argument.

Also, what colors do the trick for you?:eek:

to be annoying or to take up space AND be annoying....THAT is the question!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: