Clubplanet Nightlife Community

1995 Limelight Flyers!!!!!!!!! Nostalgia!!!

So i was going through my closet and on my shelf i have a computer disk holder and in it a few disks. Now im like..wtf is this shit..it must be from high school. So i popped the disks in..virus scanned them..then opened them and BAM!!! fuckin old skool Limelight flyers that i had saved to a disk when i was like 15 yrs old!! I fuckin thought they were lost..but when i opened them i was like WOW!!! I got them from some now-defunct website. Also on these disks were a few other rave flyers from 1997 with VENOM and REID SPEED on them..i will post them here as well...but for the Limelight enthusiasts..ENJOY!!! :D

p.s. As the story goes..this evil surgeon guy in scrubs in some of the flyers was this guy in Limelight's heyday who used to come around with an eyedropper of acid and tell u you to "stick out yer tongue and say AHH" and also would toss Free E pills off the stage..but dont chew me out on this..like i said its just a legend i have heard..and if anyone can verify to yer recollection please do so.

Big files, so be patient if u got 56k.

Originally posted by bodi

Quoth...thanks for the flyers bud. Think I'll use em for burned cd covers...they just don't make em like that anymore....

no doubt brotha man. And hell no they sure dont make em like they usta..i mean given the fact that i was 15 when i put them flyers on disk and now 6 yrs later discover them is some shit..but fuckin..i been into the scene since im 11 yrs old and if only i could get my hands on a scanner then i have real treats like some flyers my cousin gave me from raves and parties he played in the early 90's and at palladium. ahhhh nostalgia. :(

Originally posted by quoth

no doubt brotha man. And hell no they sure dont make em like they usta..i mean given the fact that i was 15 when i put them flyers on disk and now 6 yrs later discover them is some shit..but fuckin..i been into the scene since im 11 yrs old and if only i could get my hands on a scanner then i have real treats like some flyers my cousin gave me from raves and parties he played in the early 90's and at palladium. ahhhh nostalgia. :(

did you used to go to LL back in '95? i'd go once in a while, I had an ID that said I was 23 hahahahah. Got in every single time.

WOW Memories!!!!

I LIVED at Limelight from '94 to when they closed it down.

John Kroener (the guy who designed the flyers) and his brother were very good friends of mine at the time.

I still see them once in a while.

Originally posted by darrellg

WOW Memories!!!!

I LIVED at Limelight from '94 to when they closed it down.

John Kroener (the guy who designed the flyers) and his brother were very good friends of mine at the time.

I still see them once in a while.

yea no doubt...DEFINITE FUCKIN PROPS to John Kroener...wasn't sure if he designed them or if his name was on there from a website but definite props to that man, some serious fuckin graphic designing.

As the pictures loaded tears trickled down my cheeks - It's nice lookin back on those times - but at the same time - it sux that clubs like Limelight - Tunnel - Paladium don't exist anymore - WE NEED TO BRING THEM BACK AT LEAST FOR JUST ONE MORE NITE!!

NICE PICTURES THNX FOR THE MEMORIES!!!!