Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The RU skrew...

This is my latest experience with the phenomenon us Rutgers University students know as the RU skrew.

I log on to the internet to register for classes for the fall semester, and I get the following message: You have a financial hold on your record which has resulted in you de-registration. To remove the hold, contact your student account or business office.

This was at 6:30am, and the office doesn't open until 8:30am. So I have been sitting on clubplanet, passing the time for the past two hours, and now I get to bitch to the finance people. Wish me luck.

So I talk to my dad... he hasn't paid my tuition for this semester yet. He makes over $100,000 a year and claims that he needs to pay it in instalments. My tuition is $3700 a semester and he couldn't pay it. WTF?!!! Then he has the audacity to say "Oh, I forgot to tell you that you have to contact the financial office in order to tell them to switch the payment plan." So, because my dad is financially retarded, and does not know how to pay bills, I cannot register for classes. (my parents are recently divorced, and it was my mom who used to pay all the bills, go figure)

I also contacted the finance dept. here at rutgers, and all they said to me was that the hold will not be removed until I pay my tuition in full, and that it cannot be done over the phone with a credit card number. Such crap. So now my mom is calling up the office to bitch, I am heading into the shower, and the saga will continue later I am sure.

Originally posted by jennEfer

So I talk to my dad... he hasn't paid my tuition for this semester yet. He makes over $100,000 a year and claims that he needs to pay it in instalments. My tuition is $3700 a semester and he couldn't pay it. WTF?!!! Then he has the audacity to say "Oh, I forgot to tell you that you have to contact the financial office in order to tell them to switch the payment plan." So, because my dad is financially retarded, and does not know how to pay bills, I cannot register for classes. (my parents are recently divorced, and it was my mom who used to pay all the bills, go figure)

I also contacted the finance dept. here at rutgers, and all they said to me was that the hold will not be removed until I pay my tuition in full, and that it cannot be done over the phone with a credit card number. Such crap. So now my mom is calling up the office to bitch, I am heading into the shower, and the saga will continue later I am sure.

100G's is not as much as you think it is. and 3700$ a semester is alot. be thankful your dad is paying it. your probably gonna have to take out a student loan from RU then pay your tuition with it, while your father pays back the loan in installments.

I didnt understand money when i was in college either. i was fortunate enough to have parents who paid for my RU education also. now i realize what it really means. youll be thankfull in a few years.

Sorry just have to say this....

Quite your whining!!!!

Shit like that really pisses me off. Wah wah wah Daddy won't buy my this, Mommy won't pay for that. Wake up and smell the baby poop your lucky they are paying at all!!

Ok it's a little fucked up he forgot and all, but still be happy that you don't have to put yourself thru college. If you had to pay the $3700 for tuition I am sure you'd be a little more understanding.

I feel for you. I had a lot of troubles with the RU screw when I first came here. Once I didn't get one immunization shot that I was required to get. And they had a hold on my records and stuff, and I couldn't get my grades and bullshit. The worst here is Parking & Transportation Department in my opinion.

Hey Jenn,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with registration. They put me on hold because I didn't pay $10 for a slash card i lost, but i got it taken care of the same day. Hell, i just registered for a bunch of classes... i don't even know what i want to take next year. I'm in the same boat you are, I don't pay for my tuition and sometimes I do take it for granted. It's not fair for others, its a touchy subject when it comes down to what parents pay for. My parents had an extreemly difficult time moving here and earning money, had to start from scratch several times. Hope that you get things sorted out. gluck.

Originally posted by teklord310

Hey Jenn,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with registration. They put me on hold because I didn't pay $10 for a slash card i lost, but i got it taken care of the same day. Hell, i just registered for a bunch of classes... i don't even know what i want to take next year. I'm in the same boat you are, I don't pay for my tuition and sometimes I do take it for granted. It's not fair for others, its a touchy subject when it comes down to what parents pay for. My parents had an extreemly difficult time moving here and earning money, had to start from scratch several times. Hope that you get things sorted out. gluck.

:D but now u drive a brand spanking new eclipse and im guessin that its ur 2nd-3rd car..so its all gravy :D

Originally posted by karch

The worst here is Parking & Transportation Department in my opinion.

LOL my girl goes to Rugers, and I chill there all the time. I never get a visitors pass (cause I dont wanna park my truck in the middle of nowhere) so I just park in the lot by her Quad and they give me a ticket every time I am there. I just keep them all in a nice, neat pile in my room as a joke...shit I must have about 50 of them so far..but I dont go to skool there, and they cant run my license plate # cause they aint real cops so fuck 'em LOL

the funny shit is that I'm thinking about transfering there next semester...looks like I'll have to give them a copy of my moms registration if I do that cause I sure as hell aint gonna pay about $1000 in parking tickets!

Bern

AHHHHH...RU SKREW....i luv it....

de-registration is a semester tradition for me.....i just wish my dad made 100k $$$ (yeah rite)

anyway...i feel u girl....i'm actually at the CAC lab now....making good use of my tuition....:D

Originally posted by berniec

LOL my girl goes to Rugers, and I chill there all the time. I never get a visitors pass (cause I dont wanna park my truck in the middle of nowhere) so I just park in the lot by her Quad and they give me a ticket every time I am there. I just keep them all in a nice, neat pile in my room as a joke...shit I must have about 50 of them so far..but I dont go to skool there, and they cant run my license plate # cause they aint real cops so fuck 'em LOL

the funny shit is that I'm thinking about transfering there next semester...looks like I'll have to give them a copy of my moms registration if I do that cause I sure as hell aint gonna pay about $1000 in parking tickets!

Bern

LMAO... I got a ticket during spring break this year. And sometimes they give you 3 tickets for 1 offense.

Originally posted by trancend

is the thing i heard about half the people there having an std true or is that a rumor

hehehe.. i heard that rumor when i came here. Well i'm clean, and i'm pretty sure Jenn is clean, how about you Karch? Well thats 3 ppl, sorry. They probably sampled people who came into the health center and thought they might have an std. go figure. It aint true.

Originally posted by berniec

shit I must have about 50 of them so far..but I dont go to skool there, and they cant run my license plate # cause they aint real cops so fuck 'em LOL

actually, rupd = state troopers...

if you guys didnt already know that.

and wait till you guyz see real problems with money.

hehehe.

i use to register on the first day (when grad students registered) when i went there, cause there was a glitch in the registration system. i wonder if it still works. =)

Originally posted by kingman

actually, rupd = state troopers...

if you guys didnt already know that.

and wait till you guyz see real problems with money.

hehehe.

RUPD=real cops

Parking and Transportation Srvcs.= a bunch of semi-retired people who like giving tickets and can kiss my ass :)

If I'm speeding and RUPD give me a ticket, I gotta pay it. If I'm parked and RUPD gives me a ticket I gotta pay it. BUT If I'm just parked in the 'wrong' lot without a permit and PARKTRAN gives me one of those cash register recipt tickets they have no idea who I am, because my vehicle isn't registered on campus and THEY can't run my tag #.

Bern

I was not coming off as elitest, or as a whiny baby who's daddy doesn't pay my tuition. I was venting my anger for the fact that every time I go to register for classes something happens where I get skrewed out of all the classes I want. I do know the value of money, and I am not a spoiled little brat. I hate having other people pay for me, and having to depend on my parents. And when people lend me money, I do pay them back (just ask Teklord) I am sorry If my parents promised me a good education and would do anything to make sure that I get one, which includes paying my tuition. Sure, one day I will be on my own, and daddy won't be paying for things, but that doesn't make me a whiny baby for venting my current problems (because I know there are plenty of other people who do the same).

As for the parking situation at Rutgers... it is just plain FUBAR. The RUPD does = state troopers. And I am clean of all STDs.

Yeah Rutgers is being mad gey.. I can't register for fall classes either because for some reason my major and minor declarations haven't processed yet so I am not registered for the fall.. fuck Rutgers.. I'm dropping outta school and joining a circus.. :blown:

HAHA...i know how u feel jenn. Damn RU SKREW! I was on hold this semester too for $170 in parking tickets. TOo bad i HAD to pay them cuz I'm a commuter and they have my info from when i registered from a permit. Sucks that commuters have such restrictions on parking, especialy since i have classes on CAC every morning! Also gotta love how the accounting departments and Housing offices have NO communications with each other. I had to pay a $500 fine for leaving housing after one semester and I told housing to deduct it from what was already paid for the second semester, yet they didnt, NOR did they contact the housing office..so the housing office puts a hold on my registration cuz I owed them 500 bucks...bunch of FUkcin RETARDS i tell you!!!

hey Berniec,

don't listen to any of this. If you follow the book and do everything correctly you won't get fucked. It's a large school, so you have to deal with some things. Besides that it's a lot of fun, well as much fun as you want it to be. Just pay yer bills ontime and everything will be fine.

Originally posted by teklord310

hey Berniec,

don't listen to any of this. If you follow the book and do everything correctly you won't get fucked. It's a large school, so you have to deal with some things. Besides that it's a lot of fun, well as much fun as you want it to be. Just pay yer bills ontime and everything will be fine.

ha ha, you dont know me- I dont do anything by the rules:D But i can deal with the politics of a large place, i work for a large company with LOTS of political bull shit to get anything done so i know the deal. I'm hoping it'll be fun, where i'm at now (mostly a commuter school) never has anything going on...

Bern