Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Depo-provera

suthrnbelle

I've been on it for over a year and I haven't experienced any negative side effects. The only change in my body has been that i dont really get my period now.. just some spotting during the time of the month id normally get it. As long as you are healthy, I wouldnt worry about it..

Good luck! Let us know how it works out... I've only heard extreme reviews about it. It's either the best birth control method ever or the most evil... it all depends on the individual and her personal body chemistry. Hopefully it works well for you! :)

Considering depo,

~kitten >^.^<

i will let you guys know...i have read about loss of sex drive and painful sex, and those scare me ;) also, hair growth, MAJOR weight gain, fatigue, lowered immune system, SUPER heavy periods, etc...one girl said she could not even have sex on her wedding night cause she had no desire to anymore, and b/c by that time sex was so painful!!! YIKES!! so, i am a little scared since i just took it...but i will keep ya'll posted ;) any more replies are welcome, and thanks hardtopleaz for the input and happykitten and jy :)

Two of my friends were on it - 1 got no period at all, the other bled for 3-6 months at a time. Both had severe moodiness and low or no sex drive. They were not as pleasant to be around anymore and the 1 was always worried that she was pregnant (b/c she had no period) and the other was completely miserable and spending a fortune on tampons (bleeding all the time.) I'd think twice about other methods before getting the shot.

It varies a lot from person to person... I've heard horror stories but then again I've heard women who absolutely love it. I've considered it myself but I just don't know! I mean a lot of women hate the pill and I've been on that for a long time, so who knows.

Originally posted by suthrnbelle

i will let you guys know...i have read about loss of sex drive and painful sex, and those scare me ;)

so i guess now you will go from "nympho" to "normal" sex drive... :laugh:

sorry, i couldn't resist. you can get me later.

but seoriusly good luck with that.. and lemme know too. (:blank: )