Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: Anyone that has applied to college recently

Well when I was a senior in High School a couple fo college recruiters told me this.

When you write your essays, Don't be a stiff.

IE: "My name is smokesum, I participate in many extracurricular activities. I am a hard worker, do gooder, and role model for children and adults alike."

These recruiters told me that schools like to read something interesting, something that conveys your personality. Have fun with it but get a point across at the same time :)

Try to stay away from cliche and corny topics like the time you went to another country and discovered yourself. If you do have a story like that to tell and you think you can make it sincere, try to write it so it comes off as fresh and new. Also, make sure to have someone read your essays before you submit them. In the end, the essay should be a chance for you to present yourself to the admissions people as an actual person as opposed to a bunch of grades and extracurricular activities. Hope that helps.

:hat:

A good essay should give whoever is reading it a better sense of what you are like as a person.. if the essay is supposed to be personal - be personal.. but don't be too dramatic or talk about something TOO personal - like sexual things or a very personal, emotionally traumatic experience. Have a bunch of different people read it when you're done - people who know you well and people who do not know you will - and ask them what the essay taught them about you that they would not have known from just your application..

Originally posted by scoob-e

i didnt even write an essay and still got excepted to hofstra, do they even read those things or what?

good thing you didn't write that essay....they may have changed their minds and not ACCEPTED you... :tongue:

i'm just playin jimmy beans!! that's for makin fun of me and my "challanged" self yesterday ;)