Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The nastiest mix Jonathan Peters ever threw down...

djustinh

My Favorite JP moment was when he took the "Teek a Teek a Teek a teek" from Amber - Sexual (Way before the KTU and Z 100 murdered this song) ....on top of a hard tribal beat as a prelude to Flower Duet - Luminaire ........ He did this several times i believe in either 97 or 98. People went nutso when he did it. :eek: :eek:

I find it hard to believe he pre-records hits sets or any kind of mixes.

When they had the camera in his booth for his birthday, he was NONSTOP all day and night, I watched that fuckin camera mad times, and he was workin the shit outtaaaaa every piece of gear he had goin in there.

I dunnnnnnnnnnooooooooo!:confused:

my guess would be that since he is constantly recording, when something comes out really sick he may take that recording and edit it so it is a a single track, for future use

either that, or maybe he re-creates the mix and prerecords it...who knows

BG

Originally posted by bsb2002

I must say, I'm fascinated by this NYC idea of "working" a track or a mix. Nowhere else in the world do people talk about that. It's strange, as though nicely putting together good tracks in the normal DJ way isn't enough and you have to have 10 things going at once and remix the track on the spot for it to be good. Dunno, its just very weird.

In most cases I think its called Creativity. however in this particular case, when you are so mangled and annihilated beyond believe it doesn’t take many spoons pots and pans to impress people.

Originally posted by djustinh

When they had the camera in his booth for his birthday, he was NONSTOP all day and night, I watched that fuckin camera mad times, and he was workin the shit outtaaaaa every piece of gear he had goin in there.

true.. but then again spacegirl puts on an even better act and most of whats coming out of the speakers when she's performs is pre-recorded...

Originally posted by djustinh

your right and your wrong. he don't prerecord sets but he has been known to do an edit. like fast and loose with werq it, or wonderland and skank. many times i have went to SF and heard the same exact mix as a prior weeks mix.

Originally posted by sfspikes2envy

Originally posted by deppnade

This is your brain.....................:D

This is your brain on Crystal & G..........

ur fucken original:blown:

and you're a fucking pussy ;)

:bigfinger :bigfinger :bigfinger

Originally posted by nickieb5

oh johnny boy

.... 4 non blondes 'whats going on' accapella over 'the room'

and

.... the garth brroks dub over derb

just great

nick

:eek: hollllllllyyyyy shiiittttt.........pick up a phone stranger..:D