Is Exit really THAT bad????

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

take your head out of your ass

you'll find that there's an interesting and exciting world out there

hmmm...maybe i'm failing to see where you are coming from with this. I just took another look at Exit's lineup for Summer madness on the 26th and I'm hard pressed to find another NYC city club that has pulled something that huge off recently. And let's not forget PVD on the 14th and Oakenfold a couple of weeks later...and who knows who'll they'll have spinning in between those guys. If you were referring to these other club's residents being better than TD than I agree, but in terms of the international talent that place brings in regularly, I don't see what other club competes....

Originally posted by zekefreak

hmmm...maybe i'm failing to see where you are coming from with this. I just took another look at Exit's lineup for Summer madness on the 26th and I'm hard pressed to find another NYC city club that has pulled something that huge off recently. And let's not forget PVD on the 14th and Oakenfold a couple of weeks later...and who knows who'll they'll have spinning in between those guys. If you were referring to these other club's residents being better than TD than I agree, but in terms of the international talent that place brings in regularly, I don't see what other club competes....

Keep in mind that that's ONE party, one massive. Exit hosts it because it has the space to pack all those people in there. Under that logic, the best clubs in the city is the Hammerstein Ballroom.

As for international talent, you really need to get out and see what the other clubs are bring in. Centro-Fly and Vinyl brings in international talent on a WEEKLY basis, and they've been doing so a hell of a lot longer than Exit. Shelter's getting in the game now as well. In the case of Centro, there's often multiple parties in one week with international talent.

Jokenfold? He played Centro a month ago. PvD? Sound Factory in March. Exit is nowhere near exclusive in bring in international talent. All things considered, you should probably look a bit harder around NYC.

Originally posted by jennEfer

The only reason that Exit has taken a liking to groping genitals is because of the need for people to bring drugs into clubs. If there weren't so many crack heads, then there would be no genital grabbing. They are just taking the neccessary precautions. They don't want to end up like Twilo.

Hmmm, and I always thought it was alcohol and not drugs that led to genital groping....

Oh wait, you mean by the bouncers.

The only reason that Exit has taken a liking to groping genitals is because of the need for people to bring drugs into clubs. If there weren't so many crack heads, then there would be no genital grabbing. They are just taking the neccessary precautions. They don't want to end up like Twilo.

:blown:

get a life *dude*

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

vinyl's saturday party over the past 3 months has featured dave seaman (twice), way out west (ie nick warren and john selway), deep dish, sven vath, and lawler

plus there's that monthly 10 hour howells set

Just to clarify, WOW is actually Nick Warren and Jody Wisternoff (which i probably misspelled), not Selway.

Anyway, the truth of the matter is that Vinyl, Centro, Shelter, and even Baktun all bring in more and better international (and american, nothing wrong with yanks) talent than Exit. If you are a euro-trance only person, i guess exit is the best, but that's a narrow (and misguided) view of music.

u guys are haters yo...i think exit for what it offers is good enough yo. First off like people said its what u make of it. I think the system and light are good enough and the Dj's are aight..i mean a year ago none of u would have been ratting on it..gaurentee in a year it will be back to its old ratings...its just in a slump.

;)

So this friday...all u cats come down to exit and factory

lol i know STD is kinda whack..but i DJ parties and some big events in some places in westchester under a diff name. But Spun to Death...was my first nickname given to me by my freinds....stick to the topic at hand and dont make fun of me :D ...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Hmmm, and I always thought it was alcohol and not drugs that led to genital groping....

Oh wait, you mean by the bouncers.

~~~omg!!!! lmfao!!!! the funniest thing i read all week!:eek:

They don't want to end up like Twilo.

Off topic, but I just wanna make a point. You can't even compare the two situations. I don't know if you were old enough to experience Twilo in its heyday, but there were things going on there that were downright criminal, perpetuated by its former management. Nothing of the sort as far as I know is going on at Exit. The law doesn't require any club to do anal probes of its patrons. All they are required to do is take *reasonable* precautions against people bringing in drugs, which means a frisk, patdown etc., not cavity searches. :blank:

Originally posted by djstd

u guys are haters yo...i think exit for what it offers is good enough yo. First off like people said its what u make of it. I think the system and light are good enough and the Dj's are aight..i mean a year ago none of u would have been ratting on it..gaurentee in a year it will be back to its old ratings...its just in a slump.

;)

So this friday...all u cats come down to exit and factory

Nope, I can honestly say that a year ago I would still have been ratting on it...

Originally posted by £ddie

Off topic, but I just wanna make a point. You can't even compare the two situations. I don't know if you were old enough to experience Twilo in its heyday, but there were things going on there that were downright criminal, perpetuated by its former management. Nothing of the sort as far as I know is going on at Exit. The law doesn't require any club to do anal probes of its patrons. All they are required to do is take *reasonable* precautions against people bringing in drugs, which means a frisk, patdown etc., not cavity searches. :blank:

See, a cavity search might be reasonable had it actually produed some RESULTS! Can anyone confirm that there's actually significantly LESS drugs in Exit now?

Cuz if not...then uh, well, the bouncers are probably just getting cheap feels.

Originally posted by djstd

lol i know STD is kinda whack..but i DJ parties and some big events in some places in westchester under a diff name. But Spun to Death...was my first nickname given to me by my freinds....stick to the topic at hand and dont make fun of me :D ...

. . . . Am I reading this right . . . What does the "S" in "STD" stand for? . . .

Originally posted by xpander

See, a cavity search might be reasonable had it actually produed some RESULTS! Can anyone confirm that there's actually significantly LESS drugs in Exit now?

Cuz if not...then uh, well, the bouncers are probably just getting cheap feels.

actually the anal probes have produced results that i can account for....

disclaimer : my admission to the knowledge of this fact does not go to say that i am a druggie hehe

well t rue story.. my boy <--read dumbass thinks he's invincible and tries sneaking in 95 .. yes 95 pills in the crack of his ass. now he's fat.. but not that fat... needless to say their anal probe produced results... lucky for him they didn't arrest his ass.. err him.

but yeah.. exit does violate you .. but i really don't care coz i have a good time there with good ppl... yes some of us are users of drugs.. but u know what.. to each their own.. we don't bother anyone... i'm sure most of the non security groping and violations of our men and women are done by drunks and sober ppl... etards are to incapacitated to do that... LoL

but again.. the night is what u make of it... this system is not the best... the securtiy are assholes .. the music is awesome at times... the lighting can be spotty at times... but exit does have one thing that i can honestly say gives it flavor in an otherwise bland and cheesy club....

the moment when a big drop in a song comes and they blast the blue lights and drop the snow.... COME ON!!! EVEN THE BIGGEST HATERS GOTTA ADMIT THAT'S PRETTY FAWKING KEWL!!! the only other place that got that off for me was guvernment in toronto... i think*sigh* my brain hurts from lack of sleep

good night