Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite cookie (inspired by ld thread?)?

weyes

the little debbie thread got my sweet tooth going (well, not really; my sweet tooth is always going :spin2: ), and i got to thinking about cookies and their roles in my life, past and present... (weyes gets nostalgiac)

i miss grasshoppers!!! keebler makes some now, but they're not the same thing as what they were when i was a kid. they used to be a chocolate sandwich cookie with mint creme filling; now they're something that's chocolate covered. wack. and, when i was a kid, my mom used to put mystic mints in the freezer - yum. they were a chocolate covered mint/chocolate thingy, but better quality than most, even though they were from the supermarket.

ok, but i liked other kinds of cookies as a kid, too, not just chocolate/mint hybrids.

one day camp i was in tried to get me to learn how to swim by bribing me with nutter butters to go underwater. i actually almost learned how to swim that summer.

but, now? i dunno. vicman gets my mouth watering with his mrs. field's picture, and i'm quite partial to the milk chocolate chip soft batch. uh-oh - me think me need some cookies now...

i got a massive sweet tooth, put anything sweet infront of me and itll probably be gone by the time you come back.

favorite cookies? damn, thats a tough one....

locally or supermarket made, i love the chocolate chip/peanut butter from fresh feilds (aka Whole Foods), their oatmeal rasin are also good.

available throughout the US I love Peppridge Farm's Sausalito, chewy kind.

Cheap cookies I love the Peanut Butter/ Chocolate Fudge Shortbread cookies that you can get for 1.30 for a package of 18 at Giant or for 1.50 at Safeway and CVS.

Another favortie is frozen oreos, I leave them inside the glassof milk until it becomes sludge and spoon out the cookie sludge but what remains, flavours the milk 20-fold...auughhhhh.......I'm hungry! :)

Another sweet fanatic here! I like the white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from Mrs. Fields. I also make the best damn oatmeal raisin cookies. It's a gift.

Do you guys know about red vines? They are like twizzlers but a million times better. I think they may be a west coast phenomenon.

vicman - do you mean that you freeze oreos and then put them in milk or that you freeze oreos in milk? it seems to me that, if you were to put an oreo in the freezer, not much would happen.

and malanee, the red vine thing is a west coast phenomenon. it is a study of mine that about 98% of east coasters prefer twizzlers to red vines, and west coast the reverse. i, being from the east coast, had only seen red vines at scary, cheap-ass truck stops, until i moved to the west coast and had a hard fucking time finding twizzlers. my mom used to send them to me when i went to college out here. and not having them as a snack option at the movies is wack.

Originally posted by weyes

vicman - do you mean that you freeze oreos and then put them in milk or that you freeze oreos in milk? it seems to me that, if you were to put an oreo in the freezer, not much would happen.

i freeze the oreos and then dump them in the milk. makes the cream filling freeze and and takes a little longer for them to disolve in the milk and turn into sludge, hencforth decreasing the temperature of the milk in the process...or maybe its just one of those things that I tend to do by pure instinct

Originally posted by weyes

and malanee, the red vine thing is a west coast phenomenon. it is a study of mine that about 98% of east coasters prefer twizzlers to red vines, and west coast the reverse. i, being from the east coast, had only seen red vines at scary, cheap-ass truck stops, until i moved to the west coast and had a hard fucking time finding twizzlers. my mom used to send them to me when i went to college out here. and not having them as a snack option at the movies is wack.

:eek: You don't like red vines better???? What's wrong with you????

I think that's hilarious, actually - me and my West Coast roomie make our Mom's send us red vines all the time! :laugh:

lmaooooo ``@ this thread....i just wanna say, i agree with seinfeld....they dont have em here, but the black and white cookie is the shit. lol "the trick is to get a little white and a little black in each bite." lmaooo, damn people dont you ever watch tv?

Originally posted by ketkat

lmaooooo ``@ this thread....i just wanna say, i agree with seinfeld....they dont have em here, but the black and white cookie is the shit. lol "the trick is to get a little white and a little black in each bite." lmaooo, damn people dont you ever watch tv?

dont watch network tv anymore unless its sports. basically stick with cable or satellite