Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Deep Dish

so what did you guys think of their set on Friday? I thoroughly enjoyed it :D They were much better than when I saw them back in March after the WMC. Ali was spinning some mood music and had a very long build up but Sharam threw down. I guess that is why I like him best :D

They spun for 7 hours! I left shortly before 6 am - my friends were ready to go :(

As always it was good to see so many of you kids out there. Wideskies - it was nice to meet ya!

Originally posted by malanee

A friend of mine who will remain un-named said that the first 3 hours put him to sleep. What a shocker! :rolleyes:

that's 'cause Ali spun for the first 3 hours ;) Sharam is better IMHO. BTW, Eric didn't have to stay that LONG! No one forced him! :tongue:

Originally posted by malanee

A friend of mine who will remain un-named said that the first 3 hours put him to sleep. What a shocker! :rolleyes:

I was at home watching "The Others" and I had a thoroughly good time!

Anybody catch Zelda on the patio?

Of course I went out on the patio to catch Zelda. She was banging shit out.

I didnt go, 'cos I BIG BITEs raged out of control, but thats the way they always spin, different styles, that compliment each other..if they went hard for 7hrs, hell no one would be left standing at the end of the night.

I think that you have to take their set as a whole, the build up, the way they slow down and then come up.

Originally posted by zaguero

Yup, Vic was burping and farting all night.:gas:

he's my witness...and had to endure all of my fury.

actually i didnt have Big Bites, just ate a whole pizza from Bertucci's along with a couple of rolls of bread and salad..yummy indeed...but it was carb overload...then I find out Jimi got sick..I hope he didnt make my pizza..but if he did, then he makes one helluva pie.

Ok. I understand you have to take the whole show in and evaluate it in that respect, so I guess it was good. Ali def. played some good tracks and the Bjork track he laid down was excellent. However for someone that wasn't planning on going - I found myself dancing in my sleep around 3. Really, I was sleeping and still dancing.... perhaps I should have had some more Red Bull or something to kick my ass and give me wings?? But here's my $.02

So they play for 7 hours - which on any given night is excellent and I would usually be up for it, cept for the week I had endured which left me tired, but anyways...... Most people in there - well how about half the people in there end up leaving around 3-3:30 and if you have Ali spinning for the first 3 hours it doesn't help those people leaving early.... oh yeah and anyone listening in on the radio would def. be crashing out - Like I told tini - Ali's set would SO be good to fall asleep to.... very toned down and well played out..... just wasn't a get up and dance MoFo set.

I did like it - so there!!! But I think if I would rather see Danny Howells or someone else for 7 hours.

I'm pretty sure Hyperballad was the first track Sharam dropped. I like Ali's set just fine, but I sometimes like the music when it's slow and mellow (despite the fact that I keep going on and on about techno).

Originally posted by Kuro

I'm pretty sure Hyperballad was the first track Sharam dropped. I like Ali's set just fine, but I sometimes like the music when it's slow and mellow (despite the fact that I keep going on and on about techno).

Yeah I think it was Sharam that dropped that. Were you around when he mixed in Technotronic's "Pump Up the Jam" That was classic. There is track he dropped too and its been in my head ever since (I know I've heard it a few times before) the lyrics are something like "I can't deny, some days just pass me by" Anyone know it? I know that's not much to go on. I'm so bad at trainspotting :(

Originally posted by tinybutterfli

Yeah I think it was Sharam that dropped that. Were you around when he mixed in Technotronic's "Pump Up the Jam" That was classic. There is track he dropped too and its been in my head ever since (I know I've heard it a few times before) the lyrics are something like "I can't deny, some days just pass me by" Anyone know it? I know that's not much to go on. I'm so bad at trainspotting :(

not to mention that your were probably crackhead3.gif and :pint: and ended up :goofy: and :screwy: ...:D

(well, someone has to pick up the sarcasm in here, since our resident mr. sarcasm is mia today)

frankly, i was pretty bored the first couple hours of the set. i ended up chillin in the front room till around 2 am, and then came back-- and was definitely more inspired to dance by then. so i danced.. . and danced... etcetc.

it was great to meet some of u. tinybutterfli, i adore your energy. :]

i'm.. uh.. really bad with names. next time you see me, if u remember me, say your name loud and clear several times over the course of the night and i'll probably get it half-correct the next time... hehe.

*sheepish look*

Originally posted by wideskies

i'm.. uh.. really bad with names. next time you see me, if u remember me, say your name loud and clear several times over the course of the night and i'll probably get it half-correct the next time... hehe.

*sheepish look*

i'll wear a name badge on my t-shirt so you wont forget...although its useless if by the time I finally get to meet you, I have already taken my shirt off :D

on the other hand, if I dont take my shirt off but I'm :screwy: then who knows what name I will scribble on my name badge

at one point you decided you were going to try to clean up the floor with an ice cube... do you remember that?

Yeah, I remember that..... it was..... see it was cause....... well alright....... So I was too tired to hold on to my beer and like a little less than a quarter of it ended up hitting the floor when I was dancing and waving my arms around..... so the dance floor turned sticky.... which in turn pissed me off, so I had an entire glass of ice..... would anyone of you use it to unstick the floor?? Or am I just a crazy person....... sticky floors annoy me..... so any way I can unstick it makes me happy, that and all the crap that ends up on the floor - they make garbage cans for a reason you know???

Guest jroo
Originally posted by sauvee88

perhaps I should have had some more Red Bull or something to kick my ass and give me wings?? But here's my $.02

i on the other hand vow to stay away from redbull, for a little while at least. i would have rather done coke or crystal or something. that shit kept me up when i got home, had the shakes. went to bed got woken up 1 hour and 30 mins later. went home after some breakfast. then was getting ready to go on a company cruise and passed out at like 430pm and didnt wake up till 630 the next morn. sunday. i really wanted to go to that cruise. hell, ive had better hang over days off of x and anything else you can name. two thumbs down for redbull. but i aint one to gosshup so you aint here that from me.

damn i cant spell

i guess i'm chiming in here a little late...but i really enjoyed the nite. yeah - ali started off kinda mellow, but i liked that. it was a nice build into a more intense set.

it was cool seeing everyone - although i think i have some more people to meet. maybe at starscape??