Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What club do you...

Exit and Factory. I give Exit the edge. That place is massive. So many hiding spots there and overall it's just a "pretty" venue. Factory could use a bigger dance floor, but I like the fact that there are four different floors to chill out in.

Roxy is what it is, a roller rink; I never liked the layout. And those stupid gambling tables look so out of place (are they even still there?).

As far as Vinyl, I don't really like the venue itself.

Limelight was pretty ill when it was around.

I'll even go as far as to say that Webster Hall isn't a bad venue (yes I've had the misfortune of going there). That place is as BIG, if not bigger than Exit.

If you want to talk about venues that are a cut above the rest, check out Space in Miami. That place is simply amazing. Guvernment in Toronto is also an awesome venue and has a slammin sound system (Phazon).

Originally posted by rdancer

Old School Exit before Rennovations and old school Sound Factory before rennovations!

do u mean 'carbon'? or r u just talking exit...then they fixed it up...i dunno....i haven't been there for quite some time and do not plan on it......just curious as to which one u mean

I happen to love the simplicity of Vinyl. Sure, it could be a little bigger which would give you some nooks and corners to crawl into and hide. But a larger venue also kills some of the intimacy with the crowd that its current small size gives.

Limelight was also really great because it had something for everyone and there were plenty of spaces to crash in. But that main room got way too crowded, way too often.

Originally posted by £ddie

Roxy is what it is, a roller rink; I never liked the layout. And those stupid gambling tables look so out of place (are they even still there?).

those gaming tables were a one night only occurence (thank god...what a stupid idea)

Exit is an awesome space with a crappy sound system. Roxy has a huge dance floor, and the speakers are in better sports than they were before.

I really dont see whats so great about vinyl layout-wise

Fabric has the best layout of any club i have been to. Great sound system, outstanding lighting. One criticism however...the smoke machines were built into the floor. They were used way too often.

I loved Limelights layout...it was great. Lot's of memories on that stage. I disagree about Exit..I hate it..it's huge but there isn't any interesting places to go hang out. It would be better if they opened the top floors with those huge seating areas...it's always closed. There isn't much to Vinyl, I could navigate thru there blindfolded, but it's still my favorite venue for that reason alone. Not even mentioning the music, atomosphere and vibe...

So yea, Vinyl hands down.