Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Open Decks 06/13/02

Thats Right Open Decks Has Returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE HERE AT PSEUDO HAVE DECIDED TO GIVE YOU THE PEOPLE WHAT YOU WANT AND THATS THE OPEN DECKS THAT YOU ALL HAVE MISSED. WE ALSO HAVE DECIDED TO RAISE THE STAKES AMONGST ALL YOU DJ'S OUT THERE BY CREATING A CONTEST. BY GOING TO THE PSEUDO SITE YOU CAN LOG ON AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE OPEN DECKS DJ'S. THE DJ WITH THE MOST VOTES AT THE END OF THE CONTEST WILL WIN A SIZABLE PRIZE. SO THIS THURSDAY THE 6th FROM 8PM-2AM WE WILL HAVE OPEN DECKS REMEMBER IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVE.THE PRICE TO PLAY IS NOW 10.00 DOLLARS. WE HAVE TO PAY FOR ELECTRICITY SOMEHOW!!! OH DID I FORGET TO MENTION THIS EVENT IS B.Y.O.B!!!! IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL 212-219-3060 EXTENSION 3028 OR EMAIL PSEUDODEN@YAHOO.COM

ON THE S.E. CORNER OF B'WAY AND HOUSTON

PRICE: 10.00 GENERAL ADMISSION B.Y.O.B

TIME: 8PM-2AM

this $10 shit has to go if its just gonna be us sitting around holding our junk all night... there was 10 ppl there last week and we knew them all... fuck that...

don't get me wrong, I like pseudo, but $10 to sit in an empty room with ppl you see every night is lame...

morgan/holden: can you do anything about that?

Have you guys fixed the sound? Man, it sounds HORRIBLE in all the rooms! I know your main thing is Live PA, and most of those speakers are for Live PA's, but man it hurts my ears, I can't enjoy anyone sets, especially if their dropping trance or some other high pitch screatchin' genre!! The DJ monitors sound better. I don't mind paying $10, if ya got new speakers!! I love the BYOB thing! Ah FOSTERs, Australian For Beer, Mate!

- optic

optic@datrecords.com

www.datrecords.com

www.1200s.com

Originally posted by optic

Have you guys fixed the sound? Man, it sounds HORRIBLE in all the rooms! I know your main thing is Live PA, and most of those speakers are for Live PA's, but man it hurts my ears, I can't enjoy anyone sets, especially if their dropping trance or some other high pitch screatchin' genre!! The DJ monitors sound better. I don't mind paying $10, if ya got new speakers!! I love the BYOB thing! Ah FOSTERs, Australian For Beer, Mate!

- optic

optic@datrecords.com

www.datrecords.com

www.1200s.com

BYOB? Im only going if its BYOJ (bring yer own jager) or BYOS (bring yer own scotch)

Originally posted by joeg

this $10 shit has to go if its just gonna be us sitting around holding our junk all night... there was 10 ppl there last week and we knew them all... fuck that...

don't get me wrong, I like pseudo, but $10 to sit in an empty room with ppl you see every night is lame...

morgan/holden: can you do anything about that?

Yeah, thats the only complaint I got too is the $10 thing. Everyone I try to convince to go is like "I don't feel like spending $10 for that"

the sound system is getting fixed

this is your open decks nite if you want people to come watch you

promote. heck we promote as well but its up to those that come and play too

Also open decks is really gonna take a little bit of time to regain its former glory.

Dont give up if it wasnt for you the diehard dj's that come and play we wouldnt be having this event. This isnt for us its for YOU.

Thats why we brought it back.

Originally posted by pseudoden

the sound system is getting fixed

this is your open decks nite if you want people to come watch you

promote. heck we promote as well but its up to those that come and play too

Also open decks is really gonna take a little bit of time to regain its former glory.

Dont give up if it wasnt for you the diehard dj's that come and play we wouldnt be having this event. This isnt for us its for YOU.

Thats why we brought it back. [/quote

What about the $10 entrance fee??:laugh:

can u atleast make it $5

Here's what I suggest:

1) Fix the sound system:

That was the #1 complaint of all the people that I invited. They couldn't enjoy the music, because it was too loud (highs), so everyone hung out in the back room, where the sound was a little bit nicer. You don't need anything expensive, just some bass bins or some decent speakers that can handle lows. Heck, if you need help, let me know, this is what I do for a living!

2) Make it only $5:

If you pack out that place at $5 head, you'll make a killing! If you charge $10, less than half of the people will show up. So what do you want, 30 heads that paid $10, or 100 heads that paid $5?

3) Start it at 10pm, make the sign up at 9/9:30pm and let it go until everyone leaves:

I know this is a tricky one, because of the space and whether or not you guys are allowed to go until, say 4am, plus we don't know of the neighbor problems, but no one I know wants to hang out at 8pm, they all get there at around 11 or 12. Plus, the DJs have to sign up like at 6/7pm if they want a slot, and even if you get there at that time, most of the Pseudo DJs and their friends already signed up for the key spots (11-1). I know when it was the original Pseudo, the parties would go till 5 am on a weekday with no problems. And this was when Guilianni ran the place! The only problem was that DAMM elevator, and the crowd lining up outside! So make the sign up, PROMPT @ 9:30pm - NO EXCEPTIONS. Be fair guys. I know you guys work there and all, and you want to spin, but don't hog up all the time slots. My boy got bumped, because someone's girlfriend wanted to spin, so they decided to cut his time slot in half. I nearly had it out with the kid, because we brought about 15 heads with us, but I knew the girl spinning, so it was all cool.

Plus the word will get out much faster, if there are no politics involved! Take a look at Scatalogics.... open turntables every Monday, and that party went on for close to 5 years! Elliot was a fair guy, and he played no favorites. You should also designate 1 or 2 people to strictly handle the time slots. Not 5 or 6 guys, all standing around putting in their 2 cents!

Well, these are just my thoughts on this. I think you can surpass the level at which you once were, if you guys just make some slight changes and keep it fair. If you guys need any help, let me know. I've been in this game for 12 years now, and I've learned a thing or two about a thing or two.

- Optic

Originally posted by optic

3) Start it at 10pm, make the sign up at 9/9:30pm and let it go until everyone leaves:

I disagree with the start time of 10pm. 8 is perfect. You got your DJ that want the early sets and also there is a crowd that’s out by 11. Everything else sounds cool .

Ok, but have you ever been there @ 8pm?? It's totally dead. Only the DJs and the people working @ Psuedo are there. With the exception of 3 of 4 other heads. Unless the 6 or 7 times I've been there was the exception. I'm actually going by the way I think, and the times me and my peeps go out. So, I guess I could be wrong, but I don't think that's possible, as the world revolves around me. ;)

- Optic

yup...I'll be there with the Romanian wine :)))))))))))))))))) I really don't feel like paying $10 to hang out with my friends... if the djs were getting anything out of it that's one thing....

oh, but I guess it's worth it just to hear them.....