Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Events At The Roxy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by PFloyd40

jason ojeda = commericial vocal whore

so much for doing something different w/ the place... same old ktu... then again we all knew that was the deal a long time ago...

This is true....but his mixing is very tight and he can work tracks nicely. To me he's the best out of the commercial DJ's. Do I think they could have done some bigger things with the new system.....of course. I guess Roxy doesn't wanna put up the $$$ to see big headliners there.

Originally posted by vamptrix76

the parties are going to be insane!!! if anybody needs reduced admissio or Roxy cards, call me at 917-34-6269

KAT

KIT KAT GUESTLIST

no, they're not going to be insane...

no, no one will ask for admission from you...

and you need one more number for your cell info...

please commit suicide...

this sux. im sorry. i dont mean to hate. but we all really were expecting bigger things from roxy with the all new sound sytem and shit. i just dont get it. i mean..tsettos is a big local guy..not international..but i gotta admit..he threw it down. and all props to ojeda too...but he's not tiesto, pvd, ferry corsten, deep dish, etc. these are the dj's i wanna see at roxy. INTERNATIONAL TALENT!!! guys who dont come around often that we're ALLLLL dying to hear again.

Originally posted by xtcgspot

this sux. im sorry. i dont mean to hate. but we all really were expecting bigger things from roxy with the all new sound sytem and shit. i just dont get it. i mean..tsettos is a big local guy..not international..but i gotta admit..he threw it down. and all props to ojeda too...but he's not tiesto, pvd, ferry corsten, deep dish, etc. these are the dj's i wanna see at roxy. INTERNATIONAL TALENT!!! guys who dont come around often that we're ALLLLL dying to hear again.

AMEN!! PREACH ON BROTHER!! ...and this is comin from a Roxy-goer...not us outside observers who went a few times..AMEEEEEEEN!!

whats up yo... dont know who you are.. but i will promise you one thing.. they are coming you dun worry bout that...

build it and they will come... its all bout schedules!!! ;)

sometimes its just not worth it from a business perspective......why pay $80,000 to bring some hot shot unless the guy is gonna at least bring an extra 2000-3000 people by him being there compared to a normal night.

If it's 2000 at roxy on friday and 3000 cuz PvD is spinning, its not worth paying the guy up the ass (not to mention all the other costs associated with an event like that....crew, special setup for light & sound, hotels & expenses, promotion, etc etc)

~~~of course it would be great if roxy would bring in international talent.. but i dont know if roxy has the space to support a PvD crowd for example........i'd love for roxy to have a dj like that but i'd be afraid that it would get too crowded i dunno.........:confused:

Originally posted by dr0ne

sometimes its just not worth it from a business perspective......why pay $80,000 to bring some hot shot unless the guy is gonna at least bring an extra 2000-3000 people by him being there compared to a normal night.

If it's 2000 at roxy on friday and 3000 cuz PvD is spinning, its not worth paying the guy up the ass (not to mention all the other costs associated with an event like that....crew, special setup for light & sound, hotels & expenses, promotion, etc etc)

$80k is grossly exaggerated....

and there are other dj's out there besides pvd and s&d...

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~~of course it would be great if roxy would bring in international talent.. but i dont know if roxy has the space to support a PvD crowd for example........i'd love for roxy to have a dj like that but i'd be afraid that it would get too crowded i dunno.........:confused:

I actually think that Roxy is one of the only clubs in the city that is adequate in size for a PVD type crowd. Think about how big that freakin dance floor is and how much room and how spacious it is compared to other places like sf and exit. SF has a tiny little dance floor and exit proved that they can get overwhelmed by the quantities of people that PVD brings in.

Plus, PVD would bring in much more than 3000 people.....we are talking 5000-8000 easy throughout the course of the night if they keep the club open till at least 8.

I think Roxy is one of the few venues, outside of the Hammersteing and places like that, that can handle PVD......now I just gotta wait 6 months or so.

exactly. theres plenty of other guys that roxy can bring in. wut about some dj's that are hardly ever in nyc..like hennes & cold, mauro picotto, etc.

~~~ok i guess u have a point:blank:

Originally posted by hawaiiguestlis

just for the record.. roxy is actually planning on doing it right... doing pre-sold tix at a cost so that it will limit the amount of crowd so you can actually enjoy yourselves...

so where would us roxy card-holders stand if pre-sold tix are needed?