Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bliss party wed. July 3rd feat: parks & Wilson,Slacker.

jcbliss

First off just want to say I had an incredible time at Level for the Bliss party. What can I say...Austin Leeds, Parks & Wilson, John Graham, Kelvin Andrews, Jon, Mike, Ka-Hazz...soo much talent..its was like the Bliss tent at Zen..

I was impressed with Mick Parks set.his mixing was flawless...i was in awe of flow and track selection.had been dying to see P&W since WMC, . Every dj get a full out performance...new music you wont be hearing again for awhile..true masters of the game..

It was good seeing all the familiar faces enjoying the night.

I really dont understand the dramma.T&R were not there..so what...It did not make the night any less enjoyable..Jon can get any top progressive/house dj he wants to play at his events....shit happens that was out of his control..as a dj & promoter i understand..it happens...instead of focusing on the negative focus on the fact that in our own backyard we have a label trying to bring down quality talent on weekly basis, a label that features both international and local talent on its roster trying to promote quality mix cd's and singles.

Enjoy what we got..

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one likes bitter internecine forum bloodbaths, especially me ( : However, some things deserve a bit of clarity. Let's cover the basics, shall we?!!

jcbliss wrote

your promoter lied to you mate... unfortunately a few hours ago I was called and informed that one of them got the news of a sudden emergency in the family and he has headed back to the UK.. our sympathys pour out to them both and his family. Unfortunately one will not be with either of us tonight but its defintely understandable.. the split was the original plan though...

The world is a small place, and for us EDM types... well, let's just say we are everywhere. We readily scan practically every thread/website devoted to our favorite artists and music, and we listen to as much as possible. It's inevitable that someone will notice a double-booking of artists... considering part of the promoters job is to *promote* and garner maximum exposure for said event.

Yeah, business is business. And it's not always pretty. Who said life is pretty?!! The problem with the Seks-vs-Bliss started not with the double-booking... but with Bliss' approach to spin-doctor the incident.

I do not know "jcbliss" nor am I familiar with the calibre of the so-called Bliss events--although the lineup looked pretty decent--but once "jcbliss" realized that T&R was not going to make the Miami date, and I supposed being worried with turnout/response, the next steps is what makes one question the integrity of the promoter...

He very easily could've just let it slide and make no effort to defame the other promoter. The Silent Solution. Come on, everyone have seen this one... say nothing and apologize after the fact... the old forgive'ness is easier than permission tactic. Instead of this passive route, he very actively tried to portray this as quoted above, piling on the falsehoods.

o Called a few hours ago? (This was discussed with much more time prior)

o Family emergency? (Come on, a little more creative now?)

o Back to the UK? (Hmm... )

o The split was the original plan? (I don't think so)

And perhaps, it would've been okay (no, it wouldn't have... but) had all of this been isolated just to clubplanet and the local-Miami scope. But he chose to escalate this to the Atlanta-scope. I mean, Seks (the Atlanta promoter) extended a certain degree of discretion and "courtesy", by not fanning the flames of "where is T&R?"... unfortunately, the same treatment was not reciprocated. Smartness on jcbliss' behalf? No.

As mattdd posted

If you were told a few hours before your last post that one of them had a sudden emergency, why did you post that they were each playing at different venues only two hours before your last post?

Need to have a little more faith in the people, and in your own events, without the need to slag someone else.

As for Chris and Andy, my advice as a fan would be to stay out of publicly responding to this mess, even if jcbliss was your bestest friend in the world. Your intentions were good, yet mud is slung, everyone gets dirty. And really, you should be above all of this ( : it ain't a pretty sight.

As for pod

Hey, if T & R were in Atlanta, show us proof.

Tsk tsk, such antagonistic tone of voice. Better check your bias and hastiness at the door.

overall it was a great night

Yes indeed. For both cities, so it appears. Now let's fvcking dance ( :

Originally posted by pod

It's funny though how some schmucks from Atlanta came on just to say "Oh we had T & R, not you guys!"

If you learn to read, you'll see that the original question was fairly harmless, and posted by one of non-Atlanta native regarding which way to drive.

No one boasted.

No one gloated.

However, one party did spread a good bit of falsities here, *and* abroad.

I could get facetious and cut you down further, but what's the point?!!

thanks for quoting me but who the hell are you and what's your point? .. so what if Chris and Andy were in Atlanta? big fucking deal .. there was more than plenty of talent to go around that night ... not that I wouldn't have wanted to see them, but c'mon .. squash it already ...

I went to see 2 people in particular and that was Slacker *fuckin' amazing .. any one who was there will tell you the same thing* .. God Within - The Phoenix anyone? and of course Kelvin Andrews who gave level's 6 people that were there the most twisted electic fucked up house breaks techy madness Ive heard in a while. So to me it was a good party. :)

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

Dubnetwork

Jon, Bring back Shem on a more consistent basis please! :)