Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bliss party wed. July 3rd feat: parks & Wilson,Slacker.

jcbliss

Originally posted by purpleindigo

When we gonna go on Y100 again???

My new mission is life is clear --------> to keep you from going "live" on a nationally syndicated broadcast, in your altered state of mind. ;)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parks & Wilson --------> did an outstanding essential mix for radio1 back in January you can download it off of blubster, or soulseek. 2 hours of finely crafted prog sounds.

There comp 'painting on silence' was released last year by Bliss records and is friggin' massive.

I'm sure this Bliss party is gonna slam. I wish I could be there. I actually live in Birmingham, AL (no, there's no scene here -- we all go to Atlanta), but I'm going to be visiting Miami July 19-22, so anyone with any suggestions on stuff to do, let me know. Right now, all I know about is Saeed & Palash at Spin July 19 and Way Out West at Space on July 20. Any good DJs at Level, Crobar, etc.?

Anyway, I'm posting on this thread because I noticed Tarrentella and Redanka are spinning at the Bliss party, but they're supposed to be headlining a show at Eleven50 in Atlanta tonight. Are they appearing early enough at Level to fly to Atlanta and appear at midnight or 1:00 am there?

The Seks promoters in Atlanta just informed me that both Tarrentella and Redanka are in Atlanta even as we post, so what's going on, jcbliss? If they're both in Atlanta, one of them can't be in Miami.

your promoter lied to you mate... unfortunately a few hours ago I was called and informed that one of them got the news of a sudden emergency in the family and he has headed back to the UK.. our sympathys pour out to them both and his family. Unfortunately one will not be with either of us tonight but its defintely understandable.. the split was the original plan though...

on too nicer maters though... the entire crew is here in miami and ready to rock.. mick wilson, mick parks, and john graham have decided to play together ala TILT style - they will play from 10-3 then hand the reigns over the non other than slacker - main room should be rocking!!

in room 2 we have sammy o til about 12:30 when the man of the party KELVIN ANDREWS hits the decks...his set will rock..definitely the best dj I have ever seen! the other rooms will have k-ahhz and austin leeds opening with Mike hiratzka and Jon COwan hitting the decks around 12:30.. Look forward to seeing all of you in a few hours..the club is decked out, we have tons of promotional cd giveaways, and a few surprises up our sleeves... we will see you all in a few... get ready to be BLISSED BABY!!

There's nothing not nice about me or my posts. I was just trying to find out exactly who was going to be at the show in Atlanta to decide whether or not to make the drive over. However, because of a lying promoter (either in Miami or Atlanta) who's too afraid of losing a few bucks to have some integrity and own up to what really went down, I couldn't get the information I needed (which is what promoters are supposed to provide).

If you were told a few hours before your last post that one of them had a sudden emergency, why did you post that they were each playing at different venues only two hours before your last post?

Let me guess, the one who had the emergency just happened to be the one that was supposed to play at Level, right? Don't you think it'll be pretty easy for me to find out if they both played in Atlanta?

If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it and apologize, but the only shady talk I'm getting is coming from Miami.

jcbliss - it would appear YOU are the liar on this one bud. Both Tarrentella and Redanka were in Atlanta last night, and I saw it with my own eyes. You need to get your facts straight before making statements like that about promoters, especially when they are well respected and throw top notch events.

Sorry Miami folks

but both Tarrentella and Redanka were in Atlanta last night and rocked it.

I had the pleasure of speaking to both Andy and Chris, so unless there was some sort of space time irregularity that allowed their dimensional twins to play in Miami last night, I am afraid the Miami promoter is lying or seriously mistaken...

the bliss party at level last night was a lot of fun. i had the oppurtunity to chill with jon...who was so nice to me and my date.thnaks for everything dude. mic parks and mic wilson were great. so was quivver. who through it down dirty. level is a really cool joint. 1st time there. the balcony was so chill. i think i caught mike hiratzka for about 30 to 40 minutes. you are dope...i didn't see tarrantella or redanka..but the show was a grand success. the music was great and that's what matters to me....

I had a fucking blast. My guest did too, I have to get her to sign up for this mess :)

Hey, if T & R were in Atlanta, show us proof.

I really liked Slacker's set, and I also liked what Wilson managed to do during his. In the lobby, Sammy O was doing what he does best ... too bad the lighting was so fucked up out there. They should make all the rooms up to par, not have just one excellent room and one mediocre room.

With all honesty, regardless of Tarrantella & Redanka not being here, I still had a good time. "Soul Mekanik" Kelvin Andrews fucking rocked the house! the set was flawless and his progression thru it was bar none. He dropped down Red Planet No. 6 and everyone went fucking nuts! gosh I love those little synth chords. Saw Mick Parks and John Graham hanging about. Also Shem with his typical shirt was also walking about the crowd. Everyone was so approachable and it made the evening even more enjoyable. I'd like to thank Jon for the guestlist, good looking out man that was nice :) Tried to look for you to thank you personally before I left to Howells but couldn't find you. Next time around ....

overall it was a great night

jon...thanks for the invitation!! totally appreciate it!

all i have to say is that kelvin andrews is the fucking man! i stayed till they kicked us out of that room. too bad there weren't many representin!

best quote of the night from danny: "we have been blessed by none other than lee burridge!" :laugh: oh danny....james had ya!

hey you lot that are calling bliss liars....this is chris bourne here!

the reason why we were on the bliss flyer to play in miami was

because we were going to do that gig!!!!!!!!

But because i am thick as fuck i thought john wanted us to

play on the 4th of july not the 3rd and also andy had some personal problams that are nothing to do with u.....

so if u want to blame anyone blame me for fucking up

we are sorry we could not make it this time

lovripx

First off just want to say I had an incredible time at Level for the Bliss party. What can I say...Austin Leeds, Parks & Wilson, John Graham, Kelvin Andrews, Jon, Mike, Ka-Hazz...soo much talent..its was like the Bliss tent at Zen..

I was impressed with Mick Parks set.his mixing was flawless...i was in awe of flow and track selection.had been dying to see P&W since WMC, . Every dj get a full out performance...new music you wont be hearing again for awhile..true masters of the game..

It was good seeing all the familiar faces enjoying the night.

I really dont understand the dramma.T&R were not there..so what...It did not make the night any less enjoyable..Jon can get any top progressive/house dj he wants to play at his events....shit happens that was out of his control..as a dj & promoter i understand..it happens...instead of focusing on the negative focus on the fact that in our own backyard we have a label trying to bring down quality talent on weekly basis, a label that features both international and local talent on its roster trying to promote quality mix cd's and singles.

Enjoy what we got..

First off just want to say I had an incredible time at Level for the Bliss party. What can I say...Austin Leeds, Parks & Wilson, John Graham, Kelvin Andrews, Jon, Mike, Ka-Hazz...soo much talent..its was like the Bliss tent at Zen..

I was impressed with Mick Parks set.his mixing was flawless...i was in awe of flow and track selection.had been dying to see P&W since WMC, . Every dj get a full out performance...new music you wont be hearing again for awhile..true masters of the game..

It was good seeing all the familiar faces enjoying the night.

I really dont understand the dramma.T&R were not there..so what...It did not make the night any less enjoyable..Jon can get any top progressive/house dj he wants to play at his events....shit happens that was out of his control..as a dj & promoter i understand..it happens...instead of focusing on the negative focus on the fact that in our own backyard we have a label trying to bring down quality talent on weekly basis, a label that features both international and local talent on its roster trying to promote quality mix cd's and singles.

Enjoy what we got..