Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Arc (yes... I said it... Arc) Review.

ok... I called it Arc... because as Cintron, Hoke, and I decided... It is NoLonger vinyl in there... so Arc it is.

BUT...

thats not a bad thing...

The white-walls will take a little getting used to, and selling shit in the chillout room will aswell... but holy, mother of god... that phazon is ON-FUCKING-POINT... i'm not talking BS phazon like at shelter... vinyl is SET-UP... The ceilings are padded with soundproofing as are the walls... theres 6 (if I remember right) bassbins and a whole bunch of other speakers... The sound was AMAZING... the clarity was intense... I swear to god we were getting like 20hz bass frequencies... it was amazing...

The AC was pretty nice, but with the way the place filled up, it kinda lagged a little... (i'm sure they'll work on that). They did have dry Ice or something come from the vents at one point that literally dropped the temp in the room by about 15-20 degrees in 5 seconds... (a la twilo, as i'm told).

The only real downfall of the night, was there were WAAAAAYYYYY too many people... the main floor was PACKED, as was the chillout room... but what can you expect... the club is great... I just hope it thins a little in the next few weeks (After D v D).

Props to everyone who worked on the vinyl to arc conversion... they did a fantastic job, and shut all the doubtful critics' mouths...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe's right.

Vinyl is dead...

and I can live with that.

Long live Arc!

The best sound system I've (PERSONALLY, okay?) EVER heard, and they haven't even finished tuning it.

Mind-altering lighting with cool fog that feels oh so good.

Tons of dance space (relative to the old setup)... looks like they're gonna need it, too.

I'll agree it was waaaay over-packed... I'm really not looking forward to the mobs that Danny vs. Danny will bring...

HOWEVER: I can never call that space Vinyl again. Arc is a different club than Vinyl... and I like it. It deserves its own name. If you weren't there tonight, don't bother arguing this point... you simply don't understand. Standing in line to get in, I was the first person to say, "This will always be Vinyl." An hour later I just couldn't bring myself to say that anymore.

Arc is a fantastic club. I'm looking forward to some great nights there. :)

EDIT: I'd also like to add...

Congratulations to the idiot who lit up a joint right in front of a big badass security guard... I expect he'll be receiving a Darwin Award shortly.

the music was fuckin SICK, Deep Dish went dark & banging tonight, which was really awesome on the new sound system - like was said above, the new system ROCKS hard - it's a big-time system the likes of which we do not have anywhere else around here these days....

Killer night, the new arc is going to be an awesome club. It was very packed - I also hope that the crowd gets a little thinner in weeks to come.

Its like Twilo Pt. 2 in there now.......

Not for nothing, but that place has the almost the same set up as Twilo.

The place was clean

The sound of the phazon was incredibly pristine

It was crowded...yes.....but the vibe was awesome and everyone was having a great time

There were air jets and smoke machines to cool off the crowd

Unbelievable lighting displays

Most of all, A BIG ASS DISCO BALL RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DANCEFLOOR

Biggest difference, no glowsticks. I saw one kid break out the high intensity glowsticks and get sick......until a bouncer told him to get rid of them.

Now, something to say about the whole Arc thing.......

Accept it for what it is. Its ARC now.

No sense in whining about the glory days of vinyl because even though it has now officially changed, the whole idea of vinyl has been dead or at least wounded for a while now.

I'm gonna get used to Arc very quickly.

ARC is a bangin place to be... with that sund system ... oh my GOD... if u werent there u have no idea what im talkin about.. the night was awesome... DEEP DISH played hard as hell all night long ... for those of yo who didnt experience this morning action u have to come out for DANNY T. VS DANNY HOWELS...all around one of the bet nights I have ever had even though i was ober all night cuz i got sold bum pills from these fagots... but we scared the shit out of them and they didnt want to mess with us... I'll see everyone there next weekend.

I'm really tired so here's a quick review:

Like a few people said before me, its not longer Vinyl...Its Arc.....As was mentioned above: the sound, the lighting, the whole setup of the place is great......Music tonite was amazing...My first time hearing Deep Dish live and I was not dissapointed....The line moved pretty fast....It stretched up the block but we got in in about 15 minutes.......As much as the thought of how packed its going to be scares me, I cant wait to go back next week for DT vs DH.......:)

BTW....the old Twilo system that Joe was talking about was called NAS I think but I'm not really too sure......I was speechless when they turned it on during Safe From Harm....I mean it completly covered the whole dance floor to the point where you could only see a foot in front of you and then they turned on the white lights......WOW was pretty much the only word I could come up with to describe that.....:woah:

Smoke in Vniyl... I'm having a hard time imagining that. Though they had the white walls painted last Saturday. I certainly hope that by next week they have the walls set up as the "gallery" Danny mentioned.

How was the CROWD??

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!

okay...everything they said and

The VIP room was niiiiiiiiiice air most of the time, the art installations around the walls weren't too much, but enough if you needed to look at something colorful and interesting... and the sound in there wow a speaker in each corner.... and a cool window/mirror (that I would have walked right into when I thought it was another room instead of the dancefloor I was looking at heehee)

I got bashed into a few times in the beginning but the vibe was good most apologized and everyone was friendly and talkative and danced their asses off :)

I did not like paying $30 at all but oh well...

i agree with everything that everyone else has mentioned about last night and the new set-up. so sweet!:D I think i have a new home. :)

i just got home after closing out arc at 9:30. DD played a sick set. It was not too crowded (having gone to PVD last week) and there was plenty of room for the last 3 or 4 hours when DD really picked it up.

last night gave me high expectations for next week. DT v DH is gonna be sick!

it was nice to meet some new CPers last night and to see those of you I already knew. You guys had better rest up so you can close it out next week! ;)

Originally posted by hotcheme

i agree with everything that everyone else has mentioned about last night and the new set-up. so sweet!:D I think i have a new home. :)

i just got home after closing out arc at 9:30.

They closed at 9:30?? I thought it was a 10 hour set starting at 2am.... and I was thinking of leaving at 6!

Originally posted by aphelion

They closed at 9:30?? I thought it was a 10 hour set starting at 2am.... and I was thinking of leaving at 6!

i had thought it was supposed to close at 10:00. they finished a little after 9 and then played two high energy encores. but i have no complaints - my legs were jello by the time i left there. by the time it ended, there were no more than 100 ppl or so left.

Originally posted by djjonstephen

Biggest difference, no glowsticks. I saw one kid break out the high intensity glowsticks and get sick......until a bouncer told him to get rid of them.

OMG LOL what did he look like, I can almost guarantee that was Aaron.. :D

well my ankles are swollen, i'm nauseous (sp), dizzy, and my head hurts. either Deep dish kicked my ass or they knocked me up. :flame:

well another sick set by deep dish, completely different from the last time they were at 6 Hubert St. I liked the breaks a lot. Hell, even the juiceheads were digging them! It was so much fun being pushed around all night long.

i ike what they did with the club (including selling ben and jerry's ice cream :drool: ), except i have 3 small suggestions:

1. put the fans back

2. KILL THE STROBES!!!!!!!

3. KILL THE GIFT SHOP!!!!!

Hotcheme and Roninmess: dont you two ever sit down?!

Nycchic: thanks for educating me on the soundfactory shuffle

hoke:"free massage anyone?"

marcid: nothing says classy like chugging absolut on the line outside the club (lush!)

Joeg, Roha, Lav: if only you stayed an extra 1/2 hour.....:bounce:

Goagirl: maybe you shuld bring your birth certificate with you next time. maybe then people would beleive you.

Cintron: you will be missed next week

Vixxen and psychojo: great to meet both of you :)

Spragga: have a safe flight!

SexxyH: so how does it feal to graduate preschool?

Xtcgspot: yeah, helen taught you well

i know i'm forgetting more, so let me just mention snoozi, kingarthur, dijon stephens, and anyone else

highlight of the night: seeing marci and snoozi give spragga a cheap thrill

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

hoke:"free massage anyone?"

:laugh: I forgot about that!

For those who missed it, this guy was passing behind me, put his hands on my shoulders, and squeezed as he walked by... then he turned to me and said, "Free massage."

WTF? :laugh:

Originally posted by sonicinfusion

as you all LOVE breaks and hate PAUL OAKENFOLD

the first song SHARAM played when he came on the decks was...

READY STEADY GO - paul oakenfold

this fuckin song has the most powerful breaks and a slick BASSLINE ...

it was fuckin shaking me

~~that sooong was SICKKKKKK!!! I WAS IN HEAVEN! wit the new system it sounded absolutely amazing....u feel every beat go thru ur body.....SAFE FROM HARM mix was also insane.......it was an insane night altogether can't wait till DvD next week.....:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Originally posted by hoke

:laugh: I forgot about that!

For those who missed it, this guy was passing behind me, put his hands on my shoulders, and squeezed as he walked by... then he turned to me and said, "Free massage."

WTF? :laugh:

AHAHAHH That was funny as shit. We're just talking them BAM this dude walks by. HHAHA omg too funny.

Eric..... no I didn't sit down once all night. It took a while, but the stackers that I took kicked in around 4-5am and I was just having a blast.

Once the crowd thinned out, there was lots of room to dance which I liked, but yet, people still found a way to walk right into me as if I wasn't there. Mad props to deep dish.... songs of the night for me.... Robbie Rivera- Trippen, Rivera Mix of The sound of GOodbye...... and if you were on the dance floor and heard the Remix of PQM's- "You are Sleeping" then they followed it up with the original.... THEN about 2 or 3 songs later played the acappella...... REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: The bass lines were incredible. my god. I can't wait to go back next week!

SIck time pregaming with a bunch of you's at Antarctica before heading to Arc. Next week....... reginas????????:D