Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GOT "GHETTO TECH"? (anyone dig this shit?)

This past month I had the pleasure of hearing

DJ. Disco D at FUN rip some funky

ass Ghetto-tech and I must say I was more than

amused...

I fuckin loved it!

Anyone else think this

shit is tooo fun?

Or is it just plain stupid?

Ghetto Tech - Ben Ewy

Saturday night. Detroit. Simulcast live on WJLB, Detroit's answer to Hot 97, Ghetto Tech's original voice, Gary Chandler is wrecking the set at the River Rock club, pushing his trademark brand of cut up doubles, hip-hop acapellas, pitched down jungle, pitched up Chicago house and the unmistakable sound of Detroit booty/ghetto tech/tech/techno bass (more on this later). Tech and hip-hop have always gone hand in hand in Detroit and Gary is as equally at home playing Biggie Smalls as he is playing cuts from local Detroit acts like DJ Assault, Detrechno and DJ Godfather. Ghetto tech is a hybrid form of Miami bass, Chicago ghetto tracks and Detroit electro all cut and pasted together with battle DJ techniques. Although around for years in Detroit, this sound is just beginning to surface on the national and international dance music scenes.

*Read more about this

genre:

http://www.globaldarkness.com/articles/ghettotech1.htm

dj assault's ok, but i much prefer dj funk. funk is booty house, not ghetto-tech, but he's smoother, works great transitions (unlike assault's choppy ones), and can play three records a minute or some shit. seriously, if you watch that guy live, he always has records in his hands, constantly in motion - up/down - shit, where'd that go? his album, booty house anthems, has more samples in it than i could grasp until i was forced to listen to the "old skool and today's r&b" station every day at work :mad: for months. funk uses a lot of the same nasty shit that ghetto-tech uses, too, though, which is why i'm talking about him here; you know,

all you hos down south, lickin' balls in yo' mouth,

all you hos out west, put my dick between yo' chest,

all you hos up north, you can suck it back and forth,

all you hos out east, put my dick between yo' teeth...

anyway, ghetto-tech, from what i've heard, has a long way to go.

Originally posted by weyes

dj assault's ok, but i much prefer dj funk. funk is booty house, not ghetto-tech, but he's smoother, works great transitions (unlike assault's choppy ones), and can play three records a minute or some shit. seriously, if you watch that guy live, he always has records in his hands, constantly in motion - up/down - shit, where'd that go? his album, booty house anthems, has more samples in it than i could grasp until i was forced to listen to the "old skool and today's r&b" station every day at work :mad: for months. funk uses a lot of the same nasty shit that ghetto-tech uses, too, though, which is why i'm talking about him here; you know,

Hye, Pick up... HOUSEBLEND Vol. & Mixed by DJ VENOM...you will fuckin LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!! Some of the tracks twards the end are booty house and are also produced by DJ FUNK...there is a also a small interview and segement with him in the movie MODUALTIONS...Booty House is DEFINITELY!!!!!!! some hot shit!!!...i would LOVE!!!!!!!! to hear some hard booty house on a Phazon one day...YUM.

. . . DJ Assault Eats the Cock!! . . I have never heard more pointless, unrefined and UN-listenable shit out there . . .I tend to take this view on ALL ghetto Tek actually . . . I mean, c'mon, at least real booty bass was fun to get down to . . .

. . . I am ashamed that Assault and the rest of the Crappy-tech artists out there actually get lumped under the category of breakbeat . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I am ashamed that Assault and the rest of the Crappy-tech artists out there actually get lumped under the category of breakbeat . . .

TRUE!!!

I hate that fuckin shit too!!

Originally posted by dr0ne

its kinda like listening to eminen. the very first time you hear it you're like "this is pretty funny". the second time you're like "this sucks".

. . nah nah . . Eminem's got replay value . . Some of his stuff gets obnoxious, I'll agree, but you gotta admit he's got flair and style that few others in Hip Hop can really counter . . . (I can't believe I just said that. .) . . .

. . Ghetto Tek is just FUCKING WORTHLESS! . . . :mad: . . even thinking about it gets me mad . .

Originally posted by quoth

damn..you sound very much full of hate.....this morning. :D

. . . I'm actually feelin pretty good about myself this morning . . so the chance of shennanigans is low . . ;) . . . Ghetto Tek just gets me waay angry . . . It's a diservice to all breakbeat fans worldwide . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . . I'm actually feelin pretty good about myself this morning . . so the chance of shennanigans is low . . ;) . . . Ghetto Tek just gets me waay angry . . . It's a diservice to all breakbeat fans worldwide . .

im feeling pretty good too..holy shit..YA GOTTA PUT ON 92.3 MAN!!! HAHA THIS CHIC HOLY SHIT READ MY POST ON NY BOARD!!

as a detroiter i feel the need to stick up for ghetto-tech. no, it is not intelligent and you shouldn't take it too seriously. it is, however, lots of fun and absolutely rocks any party in the midwest. it can be the worst party ever, but throw on some Assault and every girl in the place will go nuts dancing. thats just the way it is.

also, there is lots of stuff out there that is less vulgar and juvenile, so don't think it is all ass 'n' titties. Anyway, like most people around here, i grew up listening to Gary Chandler and the like and so i have soft spot for that sort of music. Maybe it's just a detroit thing and doesn't translate to people who didn't grow up with it. I dunno.

Originally posted by bsb2002

as a detroiter i feel the need to stick up for ghetto-tech. no, it is not intelligent and you shouldn't take it too seriously. it is, however, lots of fun and absolutely rocks any party in the midwest. it can be the worst party ever, but throw on some Assault and every girl in the place will go nuts dancing. thats just the way it is.

also, there is lots of stuff out there that is less vulgar and juvenile, so don't think it is all ass 'n' titties. Anyway, like most people around here, i grew up listening to Gary Chandler and the like and so i have soft spot for that sort of music. Maybe it's just a detroit thing and doesn't translate to people who didn't grow up with it. I dunno.

. . . It IS a detroit thing . . I'd put Miami Booty up against that shit any day of the week . . . Death to Ghetto Tek!!!! .. . .

. . Oh, and I respect your opinion, it was thoughtful and well delivered . . . :aright: . . .

ehh....i happen to like booty house and ghetto tech...the genre's r just mad fun. my boy lives in FLA and every time he goes to a booty house party he calls me and makes fun of me for living in "STAGNANT ASS NEW YORK"....hes right...we need more parties like they throw down there..but we dont have the space they do

DJ Funk is the muthafuckin bomb!!!

Originally posted by quoth

Hye, Pick up... HOUSEBLEND Vol. & Mixed by DJ VENOM...you will fuckin LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!! Some of the tracks twards the end are booty house and are also produced by DJ FUNK...there is a also a small interview and segement with him in the movie MODUALTIONS...Booty House is DEFINITELY!!!!!!! some hot shit!!!...i would LOVE!!!!!!!! to hear some hard booty house on a Phazon one day...YUM.

i've been to a bunch of parties where venom's been and he was a little too hard for me, but perhaps his recordings are different from his live sets. what exactly is "modulations" about?

i've been to a bunch of parties where venom's been and he was a little too hard for me, but perhaps his recordings are different from his live sets. what exactly is "modulations" about?

Yea his recordings are definitely a lil more tamer then his live sets...well particularly Houseblend Vol. 7....MODULATION is a video documentary (its onon vhs, NOT DVD format) about the "somewhat history" of electronic music in various generes...and they do a lil segement on HOUSE.....you can prolly pick that shit up at like Suncoast Motion Pictures or hell...even Sam Goody...i dont know where u live but if its in NY then im sure you can definitely find it.....btw..there is also another good movie called...BETTER LIVING THROUGH CIRCUITRY...which IS a DVD format and fuckin cool as shit look at electronic music culture.

If interested..below is what the box covers looks like u should be lookin for:

B00000IPG3.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00004WMG0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Originally posted by techno

do you people make up music genres?

fuck is ghetto tech

not made up. it's the sound of urban detroit - a mixture of techno, hip-hop, miami bass, chicago house, electro,and whatever else the DJ throws in. it can be phenomenally vulgar and juvenile, which makes some people think it has no value. prime exponents include DJ assault, Godfather, Gary Chandler. though you can trace the basic ethos of it back to Detroit radio DJs like Electrifying Mojo and the Wizard (better known under his real name-Jeff Mills).