Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Richard Grant could have had Vicious as the Friday DJ at SF

I was reading, that before Vicious got his Friday night residency at Roxy. He wanted to be the resident DJ at Sound Factory on Friday. Richard Grant was for it, but Vicious did a guest DJing appearance for Exit and Grant basically let Vicious go. Hey Grant, great move. Who cares if he guest DJed for Exit. Vicious guest Djed for Webster Hall yesterday, does that mean Roxy is going to let him go. Richard, is your ego that big. You've fired 3 DJs on Friday in the last 3 months.

Originally posted by lisa998

I was reading, that before Vicious got his Friday night residency at Roxy. He wanted to be the resident DJ at Sound Factory on Friday. Richard Grant was for it, but Vicious did a guest DJing appearance for Exit and Grant basically let Vicious go. Hey Grant, great move. Who cares if he guest DJed for Exit. Vicious guest Djed for Webster Hall yesterday, does that mean Roxy is going to let him go. Richard, is your ego that big. You've fired 3 DJs on Friday in the last 3 months.

noooooooooooooooooooooo...really? :rolleyes:

I think it will be very difficult for Mr. Grant to ever find a Friday night party to sustain any momentum at SF. Clubgoers identify Jonathan Peters as the heart and soul of that room, and they feel that no other party will match the vibe created there on a Saturday night. Not to mention the fact that Fridays are usually 18+, which generally isolates clubbers 21 and over, many of whom would rather mix with an older crowd. This is not to insult any of the DJs who have played on Fridays. I'm sure they've done a fine job. It's just that most people feel that SF isn't SF without Jonathan. But that's JMHO.

highmay... i dont know who the hell you are... and personally could care less who you are... but from reading all the posts that i see on here from you.. i personally think you are a fucking asshole.. what you think you are the all fucking mighty and you no everything.. hmmm guess what pal... other people have fucking opinions too... so why dont you learn to fucking respect people you inconsiderate fucking piece of shit.....

dont forget. when johny appeared at exit that first time, it was a fundraiser for 9/11 and he palyed for free. a god cause and richard grant fired him. fuckin asshole!! i miss the SF days :(

Are you serious. I didn't realize this. dont forget. when johnny appeared at exit that first time, it was a fundraiser for 9/11 and he played for free. a good cause and richard grant fired him. fuckin asshole!! i miss the SF days.

By the way, what about Robbie Rivera for Friday nights for SF. I dont think he has a residency. He's very popular and would bring in the people.

By the way, what about Robbie Rivera for Friday nights for SF. I dont think he has a residency. He's very popular and would bring in the people.

Think about it. Robbie Rivera lives in Miami, has family in Miami and has his studio in Miami. Virtually zero chance of someone as big as Rivera relocating or flying up every week to do a residency at a club with a spotty track record on Fridays.

EDIT: Not to mention the fact that Rivera has stated he was going to focus his career more on production rather than live DJing.