Clubplanet Nightlife Community

FINALLY, someone has said it

This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in the USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multi -cultural community, has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH. "In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It! is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be part of our culture.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

agree all u fucking want...but if it wasnt for our immigrant asses ud still b pushin a buggy down ur dirt road fucker....this country was built on the backs of immigrants

you are right, a lot of people tend to forget that most of the real "americans" are descendents of immigrants who came to this land looking for a better life...the true americans are the native americans whose land we stole and whose people we killed off and then stuck in reservations, thinking we gave them something decent....fuck that.

Originally posted by sassa

you are right, a lot of people tend to forget that most of the real "americans" are descendents of immigrants who came to this land looking for a better life...the true americans are the native americans whose land we stole and whose people we killed off and then stuck in reservations, thinking we gave them something decent....fuck that.

I must agree....

", I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE."

This brings an interesting though unrelated point. As long as you're an american citizen (or permanent resident) you have to pay taxes to the U.S. no matter where you live. The way it works is if the country you live in takes less money away from you than the U.S. would, you need to give the difference to the IRS. Example:

In the U.S. they'll take 30% of your paycheck, but you live in country X, which takes 20% of your paycheck. That means that you need to give 10% to the U.S. every year. Cool heh? That's "the right to leave" for ya :laugh:

~~~ i must agree with that..........:blank:

Originally posted by apotheosis

This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a local newspaper.

"IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT!!" I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture, here in the USA. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.

We've experienced a surge in nationalism, too. Guess which one I think this article is.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of America, being a multi -cultural community, has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

Anybody who think we have a single national identity desperately needs to make a cross-country road trip.

As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

Exactly. Freedom from persecution. Freedom from having a national identity shoved down their throats. Freedom to disagree with whatever the government is doing at any given time.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! ENGLISH.

There is nothing holy about the English language.

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, of Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented.

It! is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is and always will be part of our culture.

God doesn't govern the U.S., the people do. Men and women seeking religious freedom founded this country. How easily we forget.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. Remember, "Delta is ready when you are and they can have you there by nightfall".

This is basically a call for complacency. Our country is by no means perfect... change is good.

This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

Way to support the First Amendment, there.

Some people need to spend a few years living in another country. Once they learn to stop being snobs about being American, they might realize that the U.S. has a lot to learn from other countries, and could benefit greatly from listening to its immigrant population.

Oh, and sassa's right... we're living on stolen land.

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

agree all u fucking want...but if it wasnt for our immigrant asses ud still b pushin a buggy down ur dirt road fucker....this country was built on the backs of immigrants

I think you're missing the point here.....

Its saying that once you come over to America, get your green card, and consider yourself a resident, its at that time that you have agreed to be an American.....which means adapt to the lifestyle and culture that Americans abide by.

We have been saying the pladge of allegiance since the late 1700's in our schools........now because some people don't agree with the use of the word God we must change our culture?

Our national language is/was/and always will be English, not Spanish or any other language.....ENGLISH. I wouldn't move to Bangladesh and expect everyone to adapt to me because my first language is English......the same guidelines go for this country as well.

This article is saying that if you come over here and can't adapt to our style and culture and actually have the nerve to bitch about it.....then go back.

And you know what? I agree with that

Originally posted by djjonstephen

I think you're missing the point here.....

Its saying that once you come over to America, get your green card, and consider yourself a resident, its at that time that you have agreed to be an American.....which means adapt to the lifestyle and culture that Americans abide by.

I agree. But u can't forget where u came from or who u are.

This article is saying that if you come over here and can't adapt to our style and culture and actually have the nerve to bitch about it.....then go back.

And you know what? I agree with that

If we can't handle people telling us that our country isn't perfect, then we shouldn't let them in in the first place... because our country isn't perfect, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna set limits on people's right to express that, based solely on how long they've lived here.

Originally posted by liquidflow

I am inclined to agree with that article

Ditto

I am Italian and all but I agree. Love it or leave...........................

After 9-11 things have to change we cannot be such the melting pot we are.

Originally posted by perns2002

Ditto

I am Italian and all but I agree. Love it or leave...........................

After 9-11 things have to change we cannot be such the melting pot we are.

Please explain in more detail how 9-11 justifies a reduction of diversity in the U.S.

Originally posted by perns2002

I do not think we should as many haters in as we have been..............

Should we kick haters out, too? Where do you draw the line? If I say, "This country sucks," then what should happen? Should the answer be different based on the color of my skin or my country of origin? Who, if anyone, is entitled to a dissenting opinion?

hmm a very interesting article ...

just a few thoughts:

i do agree with the idea that if you don't like this country, then you should leave. there's no doubt that no one likes to hear ppl bitch and complain about america.

however, i cannot get over the fact that there is no particular "american" culture. this country is chock full of people of different ethnicities with different cultures and beliefs. i'm not saying who is supposed to adapt to whose culture, but if people can just get off their high horses for a minute and jus learn to be accepting of other people who are different, then the world can at least become a little bit better of a place to live.

i have no problem with patriotism but i do have a problem with close-mindedness.

Originally posted by hoke

Should we kick haters out, too? Where do you draw the line? If I say, "This country sucks," then what should happen? Should the answer be different based on the color of my skin or my country of origin? Who, if anyone, is entitled to a dissenting opinion?

See, now you're straying from my main point yet again....hold your anti-American animosity for just a second and digest what I'm saying......

It has nothing to do with holding your own opinion or remembering your own origin or where you come from. It has to do with adapting to the environment in which YOU chose to live.

See, now you're straying from my main point yet again....hold your anti-American animosity for just a second and digest what I'm saying......

It has nothing to do with holding your own opinion or remembering your own origin or where you come from. It has to do with adapting to the environment in which YOU chose to live.

First off, I don't have any anti-American animosity... if I did, I would say so. Have you ever known me to sugar-coat my opinions?

Second, you're absolutely right that people should adapt to their environment. However, that doesn't mean that we should roll over and be complacent, or deny that anything is wrong with the environment.

It's entirely possible to live in the U.S., appreciate the opportunities that it affords, love certain aspects of it, yet be very vocal about the things we want changed. In fact, I think that's the best way to be, considering that this is supposed to be a democracy and all.

Originally posted by apotheosis

The thing that struck me the most was the speak ENGLISH part.

I really am sick and fucking tired of seeing Spanish everywhere. Or everything in bi-lingual.

(That just might be my area - I understand too)

I think we have been spoiled for a long time in this country onyl having to know one language. I'm not saying that our country should be officially bilingual but we are behind the rest of the world in this respect.

We have been saying the pladge of allegiance since the late 1700's in our schools........now because some people don't agree with the use of the word God we must change our culture?

the word's "under god" were added to the pledge in the 50's during the Eisenhauer administration as a reaction to "goddless communism".

the original pledge rightly and correctly had nothing to do with religion, but instead with our right to have our own nation and protect people's individual freedoms.

Originally posted by hotcheme

I think we have been spoiled for a long time in this country onyl having to know one language. I'm not saying that our country should be officially bilingual but we are behind the rest of the world in this respect.

I agree... many (if not all, I don't know) European countries require their students to learn at least one foreign language. In Switzerland, everybody learns German (or French, depending on the region), and many make the effort to learn English, too.

FINALLY, someone has said it... :clap: :clap:

I think a second language should be a requirement from grade school on. Not necessarily Spanish, but whatever the parent chooses....French, Italian, etc.... There are too many stupid adults in this country walking the streets. Some don't even deserve to be alive! We also need to work on our manners. People spitting on streets, pushing and shoving on subways....just general SELFISHNESS is a real turn off and makes up a country full of fools.