Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question about Twilo; Tunnel

Twilo got the best International DJs, Sasha and Digweek once a month, PVD was there every other month, Carl Cox was there. The Tunnel had those clubs kids. These Kids would dress up in costumes and bleeched there hair very blond. They were also the most amazing dancers. I remember being in the Tunnel in 1994 and seeing those Clubkids. They were doing dances

that were unreal. I remember this once dance they did. This guy was pretending to be juggling a baseball. It was so cool. You had to see it to understand.

Also, the Limelight was the most popular club in the early to mid 90s. Place was so packed. They had Corbett and Gonzo as the DJs. They were awesome. The music today is as good as the music back then. Go hear Johnny Vicious. He's as good as PVD and Sasha and Digweed. I heard Sasha and Digweed 5 times at Twilo. These people who tell me, Sasha and Digweed and PVD are so much better then Vicious, dont know what there talking about. Vicious is one of the best Djs i'v heard. He plays amazing house and trance music. If you heard Scot Project at Exit last March, that was as good as anything i'v heard. JP is also one of my favorite DJs.

Originally posted by danwilson

Also, the Limelight was the most popular club in the early to mid 90s. Place was so packed. They had Corbett and Gonzo as the DJs. They were awesome. The music today is as good as the music back then. Go hear Johnny Vicious. He's as good as PVD and Sasha and Digweed. I heard Sasha and Digweed 5 times at Twilo. These people who tell me, Sasha and Digweed and PVD are so much better then Vicious, dont know what there talking about. Vicious is one of the best Djs i'v heard. He plays amazing house and trance music. If you heard Scot Project at Exit last March, that was as good as anything i'v heard. JP is also one of my favorite DJs.

do you, perchance, smoke the crack?

I was never a big twilo fan... I owuld go every once in awhile...

but TUNNEL... I was in all the time... when everyone was going to SF... I avoided the drama and went to the TUNNEL... (I mean tunnel had its own drama but that is a different story)

In the Tunnel you could find everything and everyone.... u had dragqueens, clubkids, guidos, etc etc... they were all there...

it was great... you had so many rooms and so many different styles... you could never get bored of the place...

Some of my run-in's at Twilo:

--getting a shottie from 2 drag queens on the steps

--getting applause from a group while i was doin' my glowstick thingie

--running into Andy Dick one night

--seeing Deep Dish, PVD, and massive other talent

--awesome vibe, great people, and good bar service

Twilo was da BomB :cool:

Maybe you should actually pay attention when these people spin... trust me, there is a difference.

Twilo, was in my opinion, one of the best scenes NYC ever had, and probably will ever have. They had a sleu of great int'l DJ's (sasha, PVD, Diggers, Cox, Deep Dish, Sander Kleinenberg, seaman, and soooo many more.) It had everything one would need for a complete evening, the greatest sound system, phat DJ's that really knew how to inspire the crowd to drop all of their inhibitions and live, dance, and party, GREAT, great people, it seemed that only the nicest, most fun people went to Twilo, I never had a bad time. Honestly, Twilo will always live on... in the hearts, and minds of all those who lived it, The home we knew, Twilo.

ahhh the tunnel.....ill never forget it for as long as i live....it was the first club i ever went to and i havent been to a club like it since...nothing better then the fuzzy room, the crack hall with the dancing midgets and anyone remember jenn from the mezzanine lounge she was def the best...so many diff rooms and vibes, it just made every night the best experience.

Twilo got the best International DJs, Sasha and Digweek once a month, PVD was there every other month, Carl Cox was there. The Tunnel had those clubs kids. These Kids would dress up in costumes and bleeched there hair very blond. They were also the most amazing dancers. I remember being in the Tunnel in 1994 and seeing those Clubkids. They were doing dances

that were unreal. I remember this once dance they did. This guy was pretending to be juggling a baseball. It was so cool. You had to see it to understand.

you were at the tunnel in '94? i didn't know they used to let 8 year olds in. :blown:

Twilo was a great club before it go overly commerical, but Tunnel will always hold a dear place in my heart.

Tunnel man...a dark mystical place with eccentric model shows, drag queens, b-boys, ravers, clubkids, hidden alcoves and even shaolin monks once once were at.

And don't forget the unisex bathrooms, there was enough entertainment there for hours on end.

peace

I was at Twilo and Tunnel alot in '96, '97 and '98

I think that nostalgia tends to make the memory better than the actual experience

I think that people who took part in the club/ rave experience of the early/ mid 90s each experienced it in a different way

I don't think that someone could say, "this is how it was" -because it was different for each person

on top of that,

-each event or night was different -and someone who regularly went out (as a sort of lifestyle) would change from one night to another -his/her perception of what was going on-and perception of his/her self would also change

- another thing that's important to ask (for the non-sober raver/club kids of the past) is whether or not nostalgic memories are merely mememories of being intoxicated on drugs

people are mentioning sasha and digweed .... I was at the Sasha & Digweed monthly a few times, and I have to say that the crowd and "vibe" was pretty great (although, to be honest, I didn't really like their progressive house sound -I'm more of a techno fan)

I only went to Tunnel a few times....but in those few times probably the best memories of partying with my friends were made ....SF, Exit, Roxy etc. are all the same imo......I've never been to Twilo but I've never heard a bad response about it...as far as Tunnel....the vibe and atmosphere were indescribable...there was a variety of EVERYTHING......it's a totally different world compared to the bullshit no (ie: clubs=sausage fests).....I would be in total awe after leaving Tunnel & I don't think I've ever made such a big deal about any other club since then

you are probably the funniest person to laugh at when high......thank you for providing such entertainment

Above once again proves: DON'T DO DRUGS... they just screw up your common sense!