Jump to content
Clubplanet Nightlife Community
Sign in to follow this  
t0nythelover

am i the only guy that never makes the first move

Recommended Posts

everywhere i go i see dudes grabbin on chicks, hollering at them from cars and all types of craziness, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. i never do shit like that, it seems rude, yet it seems more and more that its the only way guys pick up girls. i personally usually hookup with chix i know for a while, i dont think i ever tried to pick up someone i didnt know, but then again i cant even remember what i did yesterday. how bout you guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest gabo

I am the same way... I never go right up to a girl and give her some line.

i need some kind of vibe from the girl before I go up... a smile, eye contact or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gabo

I am the same way... I never go right up to a girl and give her some line.

i need some kind of vibe from the girl before I go up... a smile, eye contact or something like that.

thats my problem, i can never tell if i chic digs me or not so i play it safe and dont say anything. unless i get some kind of signal or theres some definite flirting goin on i dont say shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gabo

I am the same way... I never go right up to a girl and give her some line.

i need some kind of vibe from the girl before I go up... a smile, eye contact or something like that.

same here also.. ive been like that since the begining ...i dont believe ive ever used a pick up line or hit on a girl like that ... i guess everyone is different ..cause ive seen alot of guys pick up using those shitty ass pick up lines... then again I pick up just fine not using them..;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea im def. the same. Im so bad when it comes to that, that i never really meet a girl when i go out. All my g/f's have been freinds of mine that developed into something. Although i must say i got lucky 2 weeks ago. She picked me up, gave me a line, so corny, i had to laugh, and hang out with this chick. I have to say she is amazing and sooo different from anyone i have ever met. Times are a changin!!! Long Live the AGGRESSIVE Women!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by clubbhoppintg

Yea im def. the same. Im so bad when it comes to that, that i never really meet a girl when i go out. All my g/f's have been freinds of mine that developed into something. Although i must say i got lucky 2 weeks ago. She picked me up, gave me a line, so corny, i had to laugh, and hang out with this chick. I have to say she is amazing and sooo different from anyone i have ever met. Times are a changin!!! Long Live the AGGRESSIVE Women!!

:laugh: :laugh: i hear ya :laugh: :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's funny...cause I always tell this guy friend of mine some of the lines that have been used in an attempt to get my attention...and my friend is always like..."god, so you just have to act DUMB to pick up chicks? I can do that!".

...I'm glad you guys sit back and observe, rather than just jump into the masses and pick out any ol' thing. It lets us women know your not just out for the ass (( although, yeah, it's a plus )) ... and I'm sure the females you're interested in notice this quality too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by marcid21

...I'm glad you guys sit back and observe, rather than just jump into the masses and pick out any ol' thing. It lets us women know your not just out for the ass (( although, yeah, it's a plus )) ... and I'm sure the females you're interested in notice this quality too!

LOL @ this thread!!

marci, so you´re glad guys sit back, observe and do NOTHING?hahaha sorry but i cannot believe this! let´s say you are sitting in a club, and look at a guy you like, but yet are too shy to approach. wouldn´t you WANT him to approach?

or would you rather have him sit there TOO, looking at you from time to time, yet NEITHER of you make a move? how FRUSTRATING must that be!

i mean if some guys need a pickupline to be comfortable enough to actually approach then they should use them by all means! the first lines have NO meaning at all, they are there to get you into conversation. most lines are BAD starters, but better than NO starters at all, don´t you agree?

and a hint to the guys, a simple "hi" and introducing yourself is MUCH more powerful than ANY stupid line. after that, tell her what made you notice her. now you can go two ways, make it a body/clothing thing (bad) or make it a FEELING thing (good).

to give a few examples:

-she emits a very positive or sexual vibe, there are only a few people that have that, she must have a pretty happy/fulfilled life?

-she looks like a fun person, what makes her so happy? did something extraordinary happen?

-her facial expression caught your eye cause it reminded you when your girlfriend in kindergarden got a pony, that she had the same fascination, the same spark flying from her eyes, etc.

you see where i´m going? and when you have done that, tell her GENUINLY that you "want to see if she is a person you would like to get to know better".

sorry for the essay lenght again.

i´m curious marci, do you agree with my kind of approach?

would you rather have me sit over there in the corner eyeing you and we both go home frustrated, letting the fantasy remain a fantasy... OR making the fantasy reality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastey

a simple "hi" and introducing yourself is MUCH more powerful than ANY stupid line. after that, tell her what made you notice her. now you can go two ways, make it a body/clothing thing (bad) or make it a FEELING thing (good).

to give a few examples:

-she emits a very positive or sexual vibe, there are only a few people that have that, she must have a pretty happy/fulfilled life?

-she looks like a fun person, what makes her so happy? did something extraordinary happen?

-her facial expression caught your eye cause it reminded you when your girlfriend in kindergarden got a pony, that she had the same fascination, the same spark flying from her eyes, etc.

you see where i´m going? and when you have done that, tell her GENUINLY that you "want to see if she is a person you would like to get to know better".

only an idiot would fall for that nonsense. :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by somebitch

only an idiot would fall for that nonsense. :laugh:

you are WELCOMED to visit me and we will go out, and we will do it exactly that way.

girls believe what they WANT to believe, they WANT me to be real :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastey

LOL @ this thread!!

marci, so you´re glad guys sit back, observe and do NOTHING?hahaha sorry but i cannot believe this! let´s say you are sitting in a club, and look at a guy you like, but yet are too shy to approach. wouldn´t you WANT him to approach?

or would you rather have him sit there TOO, looking at you from time to time, yet NEITHER of you make a move? how FRUSTRATING must that be!

i mean if some guys need a pickupline to be comfortable enough to actually approach then they should use them by all means! the first lines have NO meaning at all, they are there to get you into conversation. most lines are BAD starters, but better than NO starters at all, don´t you agree?

and a hint to the guys, a simple "hi" and introducing yourself is MUCH more powerful than ANY stupid line. after that, tell her what made you notice her. now you can go two ways, make it a body/clothing thing (bad) or make it a FEELING thing (good).

to give a few examples:

-she emits a very positive or sexual vibe, there are only a few people that have that, she must have a pretty happy/fulfilled life?

-she looks like a fun person, what makes her so happy? did something extraordinary happen?

-her facial expression caught your eye cause it reminded you when your girlfriend in kindergarden got a pony, that she had the same fascination, the same spark flying from her eyes, etc.

you see where i´m going? and when you have done that, tell her GENUINLY that you "want to see if she is a person you would like to get to know better".

sorry for the essay lenght again.

i´m curious marci, do you agree with my kind of approach?

would you rather have me sit over there in the corner eyeing you and we both go home frustrated, letting the fantasy remain a fantasy... OR making the fantasy reality?

please tell me your joking. whatever happened to honesty? hi, i saw you from across the room and caught your vibe. wtf, thats weird, but its not as bad as some of the stuff ive heard guys say (such as "nice shoes, wanna fuck"), ya i guess its cool to introduce yourself, that would be the best way to do it. but most of the time people are just gonna be like "ok, thats nice" and its almost impossible to do that in a club, youd have to walk up and scream in her ear. usually in clubs when chics make eye contact with me ill smile at them and wait for them to say something or dance with me. it is a bitch though when people are just looking at you and making akward eye contact without saying nothing. that happens to me every single time ive gone out, and the thing is that eye contact doesnt always neccesarily mean someones interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastey

you are WELCOMED to visit me and we will go out, and we will do it exactly that way.

girls believe what they WANT to believe, they WANT me to be real :)

once this guy came up to me at a party and said "you look like a really nice person", i thought it was pretty dumb. its a nice thing to say but obviously he cant tell that im a nice person from across the room. i would have loved to believe that he actually could tell i was a nice person from across the room but that is completely ridiculous...

just because someone wants to believe something doesnt mean they are going to deny reality and reality is that he was just using a stupid line. the most annoying part about it was knowing that he was thinking like you do & seeing right through it.

;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

please tell me your joking. whatever happened to honesty? hi, i saw you from across the room and caught your vibe. wtf, thats weird

do yourself a favor and try it before badmouthing it, okay?

ya i guess its cool to introduce yourself, that would be the best way to do it. but most of the time people are just gonna be like "ok, thats nice"

of course, because you don´t even give them a REASON to get to know you and you give NO interesting conversation topic. girls are WILD about talking about connection, relationships, emotions, destiny, etc.

it is a bitch though when people are just looking at you and making akward eye contact without saying nothing.

you mean... when people do it the way YOU do it? do YOU give someone intense eye contact you´re NOT interested in? do you think THEY do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by somebitch

once this guy came up to me at a party and said "you look like a really nice person", i thought it was pretty dumb. its a nice thing to say but obviously he cant tell that im a nice person from across the room.

no he can´t, and that´s not what i was advocating. i introduce myself and tell them what made me notice her, and now i´m there to find out if there is MORE to that. do you see the COMPLETELY different frame here?

i would have loved to believe that he actually could tell i was a nice person from across the room but that is completely ridiculous...

yes, but you would love to believe it. and if he would have given you some clues to why you looked like a nice person, like the way you carry yourself, the way you communicate, the way you search the room from time to time with your eyes to see if there is someone that is worth to notice, worth to talk to, someone you could perhaps connect with, someone you could just look at and say to yourself "hey, that guy has something in his eyes, i´d like to find out more about him"... don´t tell me you wouldn´t be TEMPTED to find more about him, don´t tell me you wouldn´t be CURIOUS.

just because someone wants to believe something doesnt mean they are going to deny reality and reality is that he was just using a stupid line. the most annoying part about it was knowing that he was thinking like you do & seeing right through it.

;)

hehe you´re pretty cocky for a girl, i like that ;)

but you know, MAYBE he really found something about you, yet was unable to verbalize it. MAYBE you let a possibility slip because just you´ve been burned to many times in your past, be positive, be OPEN to new possibilites. you never know what you might miss by being so cold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tastey, what you say is interesting, if i ever meet you at a cp meetup youll have to show me how you do it. well go out macking and test different approaches and then publish a book called "the rules"...no wait someone already did that. ne way id like to see you in action pimpdaddy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by tastey

hehe you´re pretty cocky for a girl, i like that ;)

but you know, MAYBE he really found something about you, yet was unable to verbalize it. MAYBE you let a possibility slip because just you´ve been burned to many times in your past, be positive, be OPEN to new possibilites. you never know what you might miss by being so cold.

nah he wasnt my type. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by t0nythelover

tastey, what you say is interesting, if i ever meet you at a cp meetup youll have to show me how you do it. well go out macking and test different approaches and then publish a book called "the rules"...no wait someone already did that. ne way id like to see you in action pimpdaddy.

i´m always up to go out and go for da girls with guys that WANT to try new stuff and are open to it. next time i´m in the US or you´re in germany we can arrange something and go hunting together :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the same problem...Maybe im just shy.....Also my problem which is soo anoying is when girls tend to give hints that there attracted I absolutely have no clue about it..Only to realize it later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by jesx81

I got the same problem...Maybe im just shy.....Also my problem which is soo anoying is when girls tend to give hints that there attracted I absolutely have no clue about it..Only to realize it later

happens to me all the time. ne advice from the ladies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In response to Tony: very few normal guys ever do....only the ones who go to SF, China Club, and Eugenes :laugh: *not gonna use the 'g' word*

Either way, it depends what you're looking for. That approach is fine if you're looking to randomly get laid. If you buy 20 women drinks in a club over the course of a night, chances are one of them will be interested or desperate enough for you to get some. However, it's definately not a way to meet someone for more than just that night (and possibly morning). Once in a while I'll make a first move, but it's only either after I've really thought it out or when I'm trashed off my ass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by liquidflow

Quoth, your sig picture is fucking phenominal. It's hilarious! Top of the muffin to ya :laugh:

yea well...its being taken down...good ol gmcookny didnt care for it too much BWAHAH (its all good u smurfy fuck)

and btw..

it's

"TOP O THA MORNIN TO YA" U FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony- I see that shit in clubs too and I think sometimes its the cheeziest shyt, but there are some girls that actually fall for that. You would be surprised at how easy it easy to get with girls inside of clubs. I know a kid who bought drinks for girls inside of the club dropped like 300 dollars and everytime he bought a drink for a girl he said something cheesy like what have you done for my lately, kiss me ? And ya know what for a drink or a couple of drinks some if not most of these girls actually had done it. Hearing shit like this gets me skin to crawl, not only was this guy just a pig and demeaning women, but these women in fact liked it. :( Anyway I usually never pick-up women, but there have been occassions where the girl was just to pretty hot to pass up, and I would strike up a conversation. I am a very shy person and when I "hit" on girl I try and remember to be myself. I also like the girls who are very aggressive and strike up conversations with guys first, those usually are the girls with the greatest of confidence...

The club itself is not my number 1 choice to pick up a girl, I rather get a chick @ Library or Yogurt shoppe ;)! J/K:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×