Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What's the deal with Level?

johnnyutah74

Guest saleen351

LEVEL IS SIMPLY THE BIGGEST WASTE OF GREAT CLUBBING SPACE ON EARTH................ NOTHING WORTH GOING THERE TO SEE.. I'D SKIP CROBAR AND LEVEL, HIT A SMALLER PLACE THEN GO TO SPACE...

Originally posted by xtreme-1

Level the club its self is ok, they made improvements on the lights the sound is good I lik george acosata so it cool however be fore warned the crowd sucks... as in buzz kill.. miami beach shuffel in full effect

Explain further about the crowd, if you can. Thanks.

Sobeton’s analysis of Level:

Level in addition to crobar; is among the oldest clubs in south florida. the sound system and lights are on par with most clubs in south florida. the club is multi level, and presents several genres of music on any given night including: trance, hip-hop, house, etc. Gerry Kelly the owner is a well established and respected club owner. Levels problem is it’s considered a tourist magnet; as most tourists are familiar with the name. some locals tend to shy away from level, for this particular reason. the music can be hit or miss. they do have some things in the works for the fall; which could prove to be quite a boost for them. with regard to the crowd; it’s very typical of south beach clubs. every pretentious and well just plain boring at times. this pretentiousness begins at the door, and seems to permeate through out the club.

my suggestion check it out, however don’t make it the cornerstone of your evening..

lata..

Originally posted by sobeton

Sobeton’s analysis of Level:

Level in addition to crobar; is among the oldest clubs in south florida. the sound system and lights are on par with most clubs in south florida. the club is multi level, and presents several genres of music on any given night including: trance, hip-hop, house, etc. Gerry Kelly the owner is a well established and respected club owner. Levels problem is it’s considered a tourist magnet; as most tourists are familiar with the name. some locals tend to shy away from level, for this particular reason. the music can be hit or miss. they do have some things in the works for the fall; which could prove to be quite a boost for them. with regard to the crowd; it’s very typical of south beach clubs. every pretentious and well just plain boring at times. this pretentiousness begins at the door, and seems to permeate through out the club.

my suggestion check it out, however don’t make it the cornerstone of your evening..

lata..

Thanks for painting a picture for me. Definitely gives me a good idea and sounds worth it, even for a bit.

Originally posted by andromeda

Can I assume you mean the crowd is the Barbie and Kens of South Beach? :D.... My friend wants to check that place out too.... I think it might cool! Yes we both like trance :eek:, please don't kill us ;)!

No the crowd is more like the barbie and ken wannabes from newark or cincinatti. Its a shame too, it used to be a great club with a fun crowd. I would like to see it get back to its glory days but once you slip, it is so hard to get the right crowd back, expecially here in Miami. In fact, I don't know of any club that has really done it.

BTW the Crobar is much much better than Level.

And if you do check out Level, at least make sure it is after 1 or so when the main room is open.

Don't waste your Saturday night at Level. Plenty of places I would rather go than there. Save your energy for Sunday. Hit Nikki then Space for DT. (it's gonna be a long day/night)

Besides, last two times I saw Acosta I was really disappointed. (I used to like him)

If your a trance lover than GO to Level on Saturday night. George is a good DJ when he wants to be. Hopefully he'll give a good performance on Saturday. He knows it'll be packed for the Labor Day weekend and that should hype his ego up enough to play hard. It's the only place you'll hear Trance on Saturdays!

Hehe, yeah I gotta admit the only thing I don't like about Level is the damn siren going off too much lol. But I LOVE George's sets, and I love German Trance.

Oh, and while I'm on here I might as well let you know about some of my favorite current records (both Trance and House):

Kwirky "Sweat"

Guyver "Serious Sound"

Saint Etinne "Action (Tiesto Remix)"

Hennes & Cold "Get Down"

Major North "Annihilate"

Spiritchaser "Heaven"

DJ Dean "Play It Hard"

Kirsty Hawkshaw "Fine Day (James Holden Remix)"

Jamiroquai "Corner of The Earth"

Flesh & Bones "My Time Has Come"

Yoji Biomehanika "Global Bangin (Scot Project Remix)"

Ian Van Dahl "Try (remixes)"

Groovemates "Space Ride"

Gouryella "Ligaya"

Cosmic Gate "No More Sleep"

Oceanlab "Sky Falls Down"

Bassetti "Hour Glass"

Cyguns X "Positron 2002"

Pulser "Cloudwalking (Beatpusher Remix)"

Superchumbo "Irresistable"

Fragma "Time & Time Again (Megara vs. DJ Lee Remix)"

Sureno "Love Is An Ocean (Silverblue Remix)"

Praga Khan "Glamour Girl"

Time Frequency "Real Love 2002"

Oh, and can't forget about Darren Tate's massive "The Opera Song".

hey guys,

I played the main room of Level last saturday along with Kazell from San Fran. Let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. the vibe was awsome.. the sound system in that place is amazing and there is no better lighting show on the beach. We played tribally and progressive all night and the crowd loved it.. The club is really trying and I think this season they will make a huge come back... they have some major things planned for the upcoming months and with Gerry Kelly at the helm, that place is going to work.... just my 2 cents~

Jon:hat: :blown::tongue:

For the shallow wankers who can only disrespect venues - go Royally Fuck Youselfs.

Saleen - have you even been to Level of a weekend??? Cause if you have - you have been hiding!!!

Diegonyc - Why don't you Die and Go to NYC???

Level is an amazing venue, some of the nights are a bit suspect, but I can assure you, we make it up with hospitality!!!

We are the only club on the beach with 5 rooms, 5 different styles of music, and the best lazers... Hip Hop - Trance - Hard House - Old School - Alternative.

If you wanna go, email me at:

mail@pimp-djs.com

I will give you VIP guestlist.

No disrespect to Level. It has a lot of potential. Just there are other places I have a better time at. I put the entire blame of why I don't like Level on Mr. Acosta. Sure, Acosta can be good when he wants. But how often does he actually sit up there and spin a long set that I enjoy. It's been a long time.