Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory (Uncut)

Mention SoundFactory to anyone... anytime and the response is immediate. Underground... afterhours.. this world famous night spot continues to influence trends in dance, music, fashion and youth culture. It sets the standard for all to emulate.

It's cult like following has continued through several generations. As older tells younger and younger becomes older the popularity of this legendary nightclub continues to grow and affect us all.

Strictly Rhythm Records through it's Groovelicious subsidiary spent months negotiating with Soundfactory for a unique series of albums called "Soundfactory Uncut" which will be recorded live at select Soundfactory events and theme parties. These will be uniquely packaged double CD albums with video and booklet that will recreate a portion of the party and enable the viewer / listener to see and hear the music, the crowd and the events as they happened. The exceptional quality and conceptual brilliance is typical Soundfactory.

The first album package was recorded and filmed at "13 on 13", The Anniversary Party, April 13,2002. Packaged as a box of chocolates, complete with ribbon, this first in the series is a sweet offering. Jonathan Peters, Soundfactory's resident DJ/Producer played days not hours for this party and, according to legend, has done so many times in the past.

Club conversation or gossip used to travel locally by word of mouth. Now the worldwide web has a monopoly on this type of conversation and a club patron in San Francisco hears about the latest SoundFactory party almost as soon as it happens. This will only fuel the need to be a part of the party through sound and sight. With a release date scheduled for October 22, 2002, this album may change the way dance music compilations are produced for many years to come.

Originally posted by elementx

Interesting... They should make it an enhanced CD and show some video clips damn it... Maybe some CP faces will be famous...

WHEN A PROBLEM COMES ALONG...............

YOUUUUUUUU MUST WHIP IT!!

Originally posted by elementx

:confused: :confused: :confused:

ugh,,yer fuckin UTTERLY dumb...

yer avatar..u know the one u choose YERSELF...that hat..it reminds of the guy from DeVo though i don't think thats him..it looks like a photoshopped pic of some other tool....is it you??

Originally posted by quoth

yer avatar..u know the one u choose YERSELF...that hat..it reminds of the guy from DeVo though i don't think thats him..it looks like a photoshopped pic of some other tool....is it you??

:laugh: :laugh:

Um.... No... It is DT it is a photo from his B2B PROMO.

...as someone who used to frequent factory all the time...and occasionally ventures back.......i think this is a stupid idea...why would they want to commercialize and sell videos of something like this........eh....it's all about the dollar..........couldn't they have waited and made a movie in like 25 years.......;)

...as someone who used to frequent factory all the time...and occasionally ventures back.......i think this is a stupid idea...why would they want to commercialize and sell videos of something like this........eh....it's all about the dollar..........couldn't they have waited and made a movie in like 25 years.......

I agree to a point, but hell, if they are gonna do it, im gona enjoy it. Think about it....actually live. Pop in he CD, turn off the lights, lie down and bed and drift into Factory on a wednesday night.

And the video...welll...now ican show my frieinds who dont wanna go what they are missing. Im def. gonna make the best of this.

Originally posted by quoth

lol that's exactly what i thought everytime i saw that avatar...

def. the funky hat...

A select few people already have the live set from 13 on 13. AS for the video, its gonna be almost like a documentary, but they probably won't be availabe for some time. I can't wait to see how myself and others look. :laugh: That camera guy would not leave us alone one night.

Originally posted by djfabioc

I don't know yet , but i might be on it, because they were filming JP was down at shore and we were all haguing out with him...

no fuckin way :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

you were hanging out with him??

thats fuckiin siiiiiiiick

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

woooooooooooooooooooomp.

:rolleyes: fuckin toolbag :blown:

***NEWSFLASH***

UNDERGROUND CLUBS DO NOT PUT OUT CD'S AND VIDEOS ABOUT THEMSELVES :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess at this point, they might as well. SF these days is about as underground as the Statue of Liberty.

Milk it for all it's worth, Richard. Ride that gravy train............