Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Boo Review-

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo 7 was a fucking joke the way they had it organised dodgy wasn't the word the worse i thought was bringing on the hip hop dude instead of rodger sanchez at 10 o'clock not what i was wanting at that particular time, but anyway to the good points an absouletly brillant time in the techno tent didn't leave it all day only to go to the bar and the toilet.

Does anyone know who the guy playing at about 5 o'clock was it said his name was marco colario or something like that but who could believe does line up cards.

Another thing it was like a two day camel ride to get to the john and you'd think the five o would have been a small bit more chilled out.

Is boo the only event of its kind in NYC? I went to boo 6 in march and loved it. The weather kept me away for boo 7 and from what I read it sounded like it was ok. But I really would like to go to another one of these kinds of events. An all day party with DJ's of all sorts spinning away. I was lucky enough to go to the love parade in Berlin which only wets my thirst for more, more MORE!!!

God I hope I don't have to wait another year for boo to roll around again....

:cool:

yeh u do have to wait another yr...

anywhooo...i heard carola this summer in europe......the guy is fuckin amazing...i kinda regret not goin but im not sure if i could handled it ...last yr was gr8.....but this yr didnt seem as appealing...'

glad to c GlowGirl held it down for us RedBull Vodka addicts...

Originally posted by crosspatrick

Does anyone know who the guy playing at about 5 o'clock was it said his name was marco colario or something like that but who could believe does line up cards.

Marco Carola....He will be spinning @ Baktun Tomorrow night :D

He's AMAZING!!!

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

BOO was EXCELLENT!!!!

whoever didnt go really missed out...The music was amazing in every tent...the Vibe was awesome...the rain didnt damper everyone's passion for Dancing to the Music that they we All LOVE!

Crystal Method WOW!!!!

and Executioners.....OMG!!! Amazingggggggg!!!!!

definetely one of the best parties Ive been to all YEAR!

I was there from 11am - 11pm....and I really felt like I was there for only 5 minutes....the time flew by...I wished that i could've stayed there for 12 more hours!!!

I'm sorry I missed it.........plans got f'ed up and it was raining

Good to see you were holdin it down even though I wasn't there in the alki tent.......

i had a really good time at boo7, despite the mud...

my day really started with an awesome set by liquid todd - i had heard his radio show before but never saw him live.

doc martin spun a decent set in the house tent but there wasn't a lot of energy in there. but marco carola and donald glaude followed him and OMG!! those were 2 great sets!! marco carola looked pissed off the whole time but i still liked his set. made me consider going to tronic tonight....

after d glaude i saw dave ralph in the trance tent from 7-8:30. i loved his set. i wasn't expecting too much but his style wasn't boring at all and he kept up my energy.

BT came on after that - he was ok. the record kept skipping because there were a bunch of ravers dancing on the stage. BT would ask security to get them off but it didn't really work.

i left the trance tent and saw the last half hour of sandra collin's set in the house tent. :confused: it was good but i wished i had known she would be in there.

i saw the executioners for a few songs. i was really curious after all the hype but i didn't like them too much. so i went to the trance tent to see the crystal method and finished the night with db in the dnb tent.

i had a pretty good day and saw a lot of the djs that i wanted to see. i would have liked to see saeed and palash but i have no idea what time they spun. i think that it is pretty shitty that roger sanchez cancelled for boo6 and 7 - they should really stop booking him.

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

"emerge" is electro you fucking idiot

(I'll stay away from the name calling here)

no shit its electro......

fischerspooner is a joke......

their album tanked, and they got the dubious honor of actually sinking a label with one album....lol.....quite some talent there, eh?

if you want real electro(i dont see why) hit up luxx, dont listen to that garbage.......

there were about 5000 people there saturday.. (or at least, that's how many tix were sold..)

posted my review elsewhere.. but here it is again..

yes, it does seem that stuck on earth is cursed with outdoor events. although the other times, it always seemed to clear up a bit during the event.

anyway, everyone who was there deserves a pat on the back for sucking it up and troopin out there to hear some good beats in the shitty weather.

music:

got there around 1:30 for the end of heather hart.. techno! mmmmm good. frankie bones.. ehh.. Odi was dropping some super-fast beats in the DNB tent.. definitely sounded good. caught some of trendroid.. never seen them before, not bad at all. some kids didnt know how to dance that slow though.. empress in the dnb tent, solid tunes. DJ Irene.. bleh..her brand of hard house/trance not quite my bag.. doc martin was good, but really seemed out of place at that party.. true house at a big event like that.. something just doesnt sit well. HIGHLIGHT OF THE DAY: MARCO CAROLA!! not that I'm a biased techno head, but his set ripped the roof off! crowd was totally amped for him too. made it look so easy. Donald Glaude took over after that, and of course, worked the crowd into a frenzy.. never a dull moment with glaude behind the decks. didnt get to hear much of dieselboy.. matrix took over afterwards.. dropped it down a notch but definitely threw down some quality tracks.. more float-y type stuff. saeed + palash.. ehh not quite my bag either, but ok. Feelgood.. once again a bit too funky, but the deep bass never hurts. Dave Ralph was on for a while.. not bad at all either.. seemed like he left the fluffy shit at home. same goes for Sandra Collins.. girl was on point!! some real solid tech-trance.. hadnt heard her in a while and was definitely impressed.. not a cheesey moment at all. BT i can't say the same for.. only caught a little of his set, but considering the man had never dj'd before two years ago.. i'll leave it at that. Second to only Carola, was the x-ecutioners. holy shit! 6 decks + 3 mixers.. those guys WORKED those tables like I've never seen before. normally I can't stand hip-hop at a big party like that, but x-ecutioners more than made themselves welcome with that performance.

missed plenty of acts, but that always happens at these things.. just have to plan out who you really want to see. The main stage wasnt even operating b/c of the rain, so the headliners were jumbled into the other tents towards the end of the nite. Alot of dj's either didnt show, or were cut from the lineup due to the weather. yea it sucks, but the rain is something you can't predict months in advance..

all things considered, soe gets an A for effort. There were props all around the grounds, which was something that seemed to be lacking at other events.. had it been a sunny day, this party could have been off the charts.. everyone there still managed to have a good time from what I could tell

Originally posted by hotcheme

doc martin spun a decent set in the house tent but there wasn't a lot of energy in there. but marco carola and donald glaude followed him and OMG!! those were 2 great sets!! marco carola looked pissed off the whole time but i still liked his set. made me consider going to tronic tonight....

I feel you! I got there in the middle of marcos set and was floored! The crowd was going nuts! cheering during the breaks and when the beat would drop everyone was moving! those 2 sets were the highlight for me. Glaude is a good showman! id never seen him before but i didnt leave the tent cus i didnt want to miss any behind the back scratching! haha good times good times. I bet i must have seen u once or twice considering we saw all the same sets, but once again i dont know what anyone looks like. One day ill be a CP head!

not gonna add much except:

- yeah, carola is great, but you should expect that.

- dave ralph's set was suprisingly good.

AND

there is no excuse for not doing a better job communicating with your customers. you can't expect everyone to know every dj by site. either post the correct lineup or take the lineups down and let word of mouth rule the day.

its not like this rain storm blew up outta nowhere...we all knew since thursday that it was gonna rain all day saturday. get a fucking clue and make arrangments...an extra tent or at least an accurate schedule!! sure, shit like scott henry's plane will happen, but that should be the exception.

i was expecting spacegirl and sandra in the trance tent. didn't even know sandra was there until reading this thread....that's BS when you're shelling out mad dough

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I bet i must have seen u once or twice considering we saw all the same sets, but once again i dont know what anyone looks like. One day ill be a CP head!

yeah i was in the front for a lot of those sets wearing a big black skirt with silver tassles on it, lined with about 6 inches of mud at the bottom, dancing my ass off all day.

Originally posted by fwilso01

(I'll stay away from the name calling here)

no shit its electro......

fischerspooner is a joke......

their album tanked, and they got the dubious honor of actually sinking a label with one album....lol.....quite some talent there, eh?

if you want real electro(i dont see why) hit up luxx, dont listen to that garbage.......

. . . one could also say that if you want 'real' electro, one would have to look about a thousand miles south of here . . . Don't be so quick to take the high horse . . . :nono: . . .

Originally posted by fwilso01

ok whatever

BT's needle skipped 3 times and he destroyed one mix with a scratch.

"pots and pans"?????

Yeah, you saying you like when BT dropped "emerge".

That says alot about 1) your taste in DJ's 2) your taste in music.

Hard House is for those of us that didnt get into the scene 10 minutes ago.

SOE ripped me off. This shit was $55. ULTRA 4 was $50. Think about it for a second, glad you had a good time though, i guess there is a sucker born every minute.

Just cuz someone likes songs you don't doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about or they got "into the scene 10 minutes ago." I've heard Emerge played many times by people such as PVD, and I'm pretty sure most people would agree he didn't just get into the scene

cottoncandy: I love Emerge, makes me do the happy dance:D

Originally posted by hotcheme

yeah i was in the front for a lot of those sets wearing a big black skirt with silver tassles on it, lined with about 6 inches of mud at the bottom, dancing my ass off all day.

Well look down..thats what i look like! but i had a gap sweatshirt on half the time too. ahhh what a great party...

Originally posted by digitaldan

Just cuz someone likes songs you don't doesn't mean they don't know what they're talking about or they got "into the scene 10 minutes ago." I've heard Emerge played many times by people such as PVD, and I'm pretty sure most people would agree he didn't just get into the scene

cottoncandy: I love Emerge, makes me do the happy dance:D

easyflame.gif

Well look down..thats what i look like! but i had a gap sweatshirt on half the time too. ahhh what a great party...

hey I remember seeing the 2 girls in the pic...I was around the same area they were dancing in....I forgot which tent... mabe the D & B tent?

i think mostly the trance/house tents. And i think i spotted you if you were wearing one of those shirts that you are in your sig. When sandra collins was on me thinks...What are those? Very bright

its a motocross racing shirt...it looks like one in my sig...but its not I have about 14 diff. styles of racing shirts...But lots of people think I wear the same one....HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

its a motocross racing shirt...it looks like one in my sig...but its not I have about 14 diff. styles of racing shirts...But lots of people think I wear the same one....HAHAHAHA

you were wearing like 5 or 6 layers of racing shirts? :laugh::confused: j/k

good to see you there.