Clubplanet Nightlife Community

SoundFactory party has changed

Well let me say that I went back to SF for the first time in awhile and I have to say the party has definately changed. It seems like a way younger crowd nowadays. Does anyone agree? Also for JP I don't think that the music is that great at all either. Maybe like 3 or 4 years ago when JP used to throw down some hard shit and the place used to vibrate all night but noy anymore. The mi\usic to me is very lame and boring. Times have changed at the Factory.

I think that SF is going through a transformation. The crowd have

definately change and rightfully so. The crowd of tomorrow is in SF now.

Don't tell me that you really expect to see the same crowd from five years ago.

Most of those people are now married and getting ready for a divorce.

As for the music being bad or not as good that's debatable and a matter

of personal opinion.

No genre of anything stays the same. Genre change like everything

else in this world. That's just life. The rap songs of just a few years ago

are nothing like the ones of today, and you can't compare the too. The

same is especially true for house music. House is electronically generated

and electronics change so therefore the music change. I think that the

music now is just as good as the one from five years ago. Maybe even a

little better. In the past most of the music sounded smiler Boom, Boom, Boom.

That's why people who are not in the scene says that house music sounds

the same. "Just like one long continuous song." Today we have music with style and flavor.

Listen to Robbie Rivera's hum melody. Listen to the changes of the tunes, the highs and lows.

You never heard music like that before.

As for me I'm good for another 3 years then its time for something new. I'm sure some little

punk will fill my place in SF he/she will be chilling in my spot. Hopefully not doing what

I do now, maybe they will be smarter.

Originally posted by irenegade7

of personal opinion.

the same. "Just like one long continuous song." Today we have music with style and flavor.

Listen to Robbie Rivera's hum melody. Listen to the changes of the tunes, the highs and lows.

As for me I'm good for another 3 years then its time for something new. I'm sure some little

punk will fill my place in SF he/she will be chilling in my spot. Hopefully not doing what

GOOD CALL.....

of personal opinion.

. . incorrect, but I aint arguing . . .

Every1 keeps saying "Factory's changed" "It's not the same as it was 4 yrs ago". My response? Well duhh.

First of all -- every1 who used to go back then has now "grown out" of that stage. There's madd young kids there cuz that's wut kids like to do -- go out to clubs -- that's wut we all did when we were younger.

Second of all -- the music JP is producing is different because of all the hardcore drugs he's now using. Wut DJ do u know spins for a whole weekend w/o sleep? That's just NOT healthy.

Originally posted by sh4un4

Every1 keeps saying "Factory's changed" "It's not the same as it was 4 yrs ago". My response? Well duhh.

First of all -- every1 who used to go back then has now "grown out" of that stage. There's madd young kids there cuz that's wut kids like to do -- go out to clubs -- that's wut we all did when we were younger.

Second of all -- the music JP is producing is different because of all the hardcore drugs he's now using. Wut DJ do u know spins for a whole weekend w/o sleep? That's just NOT healthy.

You still around????????

What happened, the suicide attempt didnt work out the way you planned? TRY HARDER!

:knife::blown:shauna.gif

that might have been one of the unintelligent posts I have ever read.

Originally posted by AcidCrackwhore

You still around????????

What happened, the suicide attempt didnt work out the way you planned? TRY HARDER!

:knife::blown:shauna.gif

That's cold....

Anyway I've been going to factory since I was 18. I started out going to the friday night

party then flip the switch to saturday. That friday night party was good..What happend?

Don't tell me that you really expect to see the same crowd from five years ago.....

i totally agree with you. i've been going to the factory since i was 19, which was back in 97'. i would have to say that it was amazing for about 3 years, after that it already started changing. i still go once in a while, maybe for a theme party, but hardly, as opposed to when i used to go every weekend. everyone goes through that crazy clubbing all night and day phase.

~~wow~~ u r truly the dumbest person ever..........:blown:

Originally posted by BRIAN1500

How would you know? You weren't there. :tongue:

You cant live in the past.

exactly, but you know what, SF now isnt what I knew of it 10 months ago....but at the same time, neither am I...i know much more about music now and the glamour/awe has worn off

when things "get old" its a combo of the place changing, as well as the individual people growing up and out of the scene....but the old timers looooooove to yap about their glory days, and how they wont go anymore because it isnt what it used to be...

AKA BURNT OUT

fuck it...im gonna go out and have fun:rock:

BG

Originally posted by ibclubbin

fuck it...im gonna go out and have fun:rock:

BG

that's exactly how it should be... who care's what it used to be like (especially if you weren't there 5 years ago to experience it), as long as you're having fun, keep going.

Factory is different but maybe were just growing up. 4 years ago the music was great but think about the stuff that made it that great. I cant say i do that "stuff" anymore but once in a while just wanna dance and have it like it used to be, but i'm not 20 anymore and the kids out there these days are as reckless as i was at that age and there is nothin wrong with that, its just not me anymore, so yeah maybe its differemt but we are too.

My first time @ SF was in June of 99, and I went five more times within a year. One of the times being "Temple of Gold" on New Years 99-2000. Evertime i had been to the Factory i was :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: amazed. Has the Factory really changed that much, and is it for better of for worse because i haven't been there since aug.2000

:comit: :comit: :drool::makeout::slash: