Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Forman Grill...

Originally posted by marcid21

bleh! Why put all your culinary expertise at the wasteside, and settle for that contraption???

how do you know about my culinary artistry???

actually, i hate to compromise my cooking in any way shape or form, however as of late, i havent much time to make those delicious lip smacking dinners... (thats why im looking for something that doesnt screw up food like a microwave yet still be tastey and healthy and blah im a fag this post is getting dumb you get my point...) '

so bottom line keep it? or return it? T-minus 2.5hrs till dinner time, should i use it or stick to the stove and broiler???

Originally posted by hotcheme

i like it - it is easy to use and clean but it's whole purpose is to drain the fat from your food and that is the tastiest part of cooking.

outside of my drinking habits... im relatively a health freak... i try to eat right, and excerise regularly and etc. so less fat in my diet is exactly what im looking for...

Guest tilly

it's OK at best! i'm really into cooking and i'm not that impressed with the way it made my bbq chicken taste. I've actually only used it twice cuz it's just blah! if you dont really care about taste, keep it!

Originally posted by tilly

it's OK at best! i'm really into cooking and i'm not that impressed with the way it made my bbq chicken taste. I've actually only used it twice cuz it's just blah! if you dont really care about taste, keep it!

right, cause fat is the best tasting part of meat. if you are going to cook meat with it, definitely marinate it first.

Originally posted by dgmodel

anyone here have it? anyone here use it?

does it work well??? does it stink up your apt or fill it with smoke??? whats your overall opinion on it???

2 Thumbs up for the GF grill.

If you decide to go with it, do not settle on the small one, however. Get the big one :)

Guest tilly

right, cause fat is the best tasting part of meat. if you are going to cook meat with it, definitely marinate it first.

i actually busted out my george forman after i posted that to give it another whirl and i put some emerils southwest seasoning on my chicken and it wasnt terrible mixed with salad!

i actually busted out my george forman after i posted that to give it another whirl and i put some emerils southwest seasoning on my chicken and it wasnt terrible mixed with salad!

wow that is pretty cool - i can't believe i gave cooking advice - i haven't actually prepared food for myself in a year or so...

Guest tilly

wow that is pretty cool - i can't believe i gave cooking advice - i haven't actually prepared food for myself in a year or so...

well i was already going to make myself some chicken over salad for lunch/dinner and this thread triggered the grill...i'm really on an all out weightloss push right now so it fit. i mean for taste..although not terrible..it's not exactly an ideal eat to impress a date or anything but for JUST a meal if you are being conscious of fat then it's all good!

BUT if i'm going to spend some loot on a filet or something like that I wouldnt feel confident using this!

Food is good, but only when freshly prepared with spices. Afterwards, because of the lack of fat, it dries up something harsh.

It really makes you get ingenius with spices. Definitely Emeril for beef/chicken, or go to Garden of Eden and try Bobby Flay spices. Be sure to marinate for at least an hour.

Have you tried a sandwich on the grill? I've experimented with a few ingredients like french fries, thousand island dressing, turkey breast, and I get some great stuff. Almost as good as a Zam's/Tost's sandwich.

All in all, you're not going to necessarily get a gourmet dinner off it, but is that why you bought it in the first place? No, it's purpose is convenience and to cut the fat.

Definitely get one- Macy's, large family sized for $89.99:aright:

Originally posted by dgmodel

anyone here have it? anyone here use it?

does it work well??? does it stink up your apt or fill it with smoke??? whats your overall opinion on it???

Everyone I know is obsessed with this thing.. they cook EVERYTHING in that piece.

well i was already going to make myself some chicken over salad for lunch/dinner and this thread triggered the grill...i'm really on an all out weightloss push right now so it fit. i mean for taste..although not terrible..it's not exactly an ideal eat to impress a date or anything but for JUST a meal if you are being conscious of fat then it's all good!

BUT if i'm going to spend some loot on a filet or something like that I wouldnt feel confident using this!

You are beautiful the way you are, ask any of your friends. If you want to cut down the cigs, cheese, pasta, and stuff for health reasons thats ok. I am gald you are happy and wanting to keep in good health. Way to go!:)

My 2 Cents...

I love the grill... Yes you have to marinate... Cause it takes some flavor away... But I am a ketchup freak so I I can deal with it... With my schedule the way it is and with my diet... The grill is great. It takes such a short time to cook my chicken and run out the door.. Without the MESS !!!

Keep it... Even if you use it once a week it is worth the few bucks that it costs...