Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst DJ in the world?

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I dont know where you heard Fergie but he is known far and wide for being one the the best DJ's on the hard house scene - hes on Radio 1 for christ's sake! He was raised on turntables! As the legend goes - he was spinning from age 11 and then at 16 or 17 started living with the godfather of uk hard house Tony De Vit to be his protege. Come on now..I want to know why you think this Dj, that everyone in Europe calls one of the best (and not for his producing - people that dont like him even respect his awesome ability) - is the worst? explain please

FERGIE IS HORRIBLE...and being on Radio 1 doesnt make you a great DJ either...

the worst set at Godskitchen i expereinced by far

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...

worst dj?

anyone who does it just for the show (ie to impress his "buddies" and possibly a girlfriend) and the money, not for the love of music and making people happy just by providing them with the best vibe, music and time of their life...

anybody who has the balls of saying "look at me, i'm the best, number one, and there's nobody else" is a FUCKING LOSER and deserves to be trashed...

peace

bounce

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

FERGIE IS HORRIBLE...and being on Radio 1 doesnt make you a great DJ either...

the worst set at Godskitchen i expereinced by far

Do u just not like uk hard house/tech?

Cus technicaly he awesome, aka he doesnt wreck - always on point with mixing ability. Im not saying that being on radio 1 means your great - it jsut means if you dont pull your weight you have to answer to Pete Tong, who wouldnt let anyold trainwrecking bosher play on radio 1. Theres quality control

Originally posted by cesarleo

He shouldn't be on here....his music back in the Roxy days was plain sick. Every now and then I hear he can still turn it out....although I haven't been to one of his parties in ages.

agreed - not into him at all now, but that was a great party

Cus technicaly he awesome, aka he doesnt wreck - always on point with mixing ability. Im not saying that being on radio 1 means your great - it jsut means if you dont pull your weight you have to answer to Pete Tong, who wouldnt let anyold trainwrecking bosher play on radio 1. Theres quality control

First off, I love Hard House, more than ANYTHING.....and while i prefer the american sound of CZR, Angel Alanis, Terry Mullan, Bad Boy Bill, House O Holics, etc etc over the UK Hard House Scene, I still Like to listen to Fergie on Radio 1. So I decide to see Fergie at WMC 2002, and I swear to God My ears were gonna bleed.....I was definetly not sober, So while in Scotland I decided to Give Him another shot and see him at Colours ( Biggest Club In Scotland )......he was awful, maybe its his use of the mixer, but (and remember, i love Hard House.....) it was like pots and pans all night long....no funk or groove, just noise.......

I would be willing to give him another shot, but i dont think its just a coincidence.....

No, he's just bad. You can't use the Essential mixes as examples (although they're not great either) because those are engineered and protooled just like any mix CD you buy. Every time I've heard him he has wrecked, and he just has a bad sense of timing with the music (i.e. he mixes at spots where the music is really gnashing that way). Finally, even for his genre, his track selection is just plain annoying. I wouldn't put him in the 'worst ever' category, but I usually consider him for 'most overrated'.

ok now that youve explained it i can cede that point, cus personally ive never heard him live, nor do i like him very much, but ive heard a lot of good things about him from other dj's across the pond. Not many true uk hard house heads like his style (kind of the sellout of hard house) but they respect his talent. Nice one! one day i will club in europe - one day