Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pvd @ arc

joeg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night PVD's set blew away the last time I saw him in Seattle at Bliss. Reminded me of when I saw him at the Showbox (what memories!)

I swear his sets are so much better in a club setting.

He was amazing!! I had a great time but sure wish there was more room to dance, I swear they must have been over capacity.

Still by far worth $10 that made my night!

Did anyone else notice that after like 12 drinks went up a dollar each?? I can't believe how much they get for water and gator aid out here it may as well be alcohol! :)

I actually liked his set at Roxy better (read: Harder than trancier) but the peeps, vibe, $10, Monday night, and the fact security seemed how shall i say "professional" even when people were riding the DJ-wall made it one the best nights at Arc/Vinyl for me.

Originally posted by sosultan

Did anyone else thought his style evolved over the past few years? Felt like tracks turned harder, more progressive.

Up to "Take Me Higher" (sucky), he was playing at least the last 3-5 tracks really hard. You could tell the beats settling off when that track played. He's not playing progressive at all...he USED to play quite the bit of progressive in his sets. Nowadays he's just playing a lot harder, which I find to be quite annoying.

Quite honestly, the music was good, but not great. PvD is not what he used to be anymore, which is a shame. It's much harder, and the diversity in his sets are near lost. Also, the mixing was NOT perfect like someone described, and there were quite the few major cheezers. However, lots of good tracks I don't know, and a couple of new and old classics made it mad fun.

Anyways...the crwad was great, everyone was happy, and I had a blast dancing through the night. Fun time. :D

thanks to pvd and made for throwing such an amazing night. for 4 brief hours i felt like i was back at twilo again. this is one for the ages, kids.... this is why we live in nyc.

i always said that pvd needs some time to stretch his wings up there in the dj booth - he'll start off slow and floaty and then get all dark and acid - i even heard a lil' techno in there - and then back again to the euphoric. when he hit the 145 bpm mark i was a happy rob! made me regret ever neglecting trance.... wow, what a night!!!!!!

Rob - nice bouncing with you for that last track :)

DJ Jon and Xpander both right on the money - awesome incredible night for all those reasons and yeah, PVD's sets are different. Mostly for me in the atmosphere - i used to feel like he took you on a journey...now i feel more like he's just putting tracks together cause they've become harder and less mood setting in a way (for me)

Anyways - great seeing many of you.

P

I had a wonderful time! I have been having such a tired and stressful few months lately that I have not been able to go out as much as I would like. Going out last night after being so tired was the best thing I did. PVD was great and I hope he is blessed. He touched so many hearts last night. I was so happy with the people there, everyone was into the music. They were all true to themselves.

:love:

for me this is definitely one the better parties I been to this year...

DJJon basically already listed most of the reasons why I had fun....a surprising amount of bunnies in there as well...but last night was all about the music and the room.

I see everyone comparing fridays set to mondays and honestly I look at them as apples and oranges. Granted same DJ and many of the same tracks, but the two different atmospheres really separated them for me.

Roxy was trance for the masses to the fullest. Hi Tech Lazers, 3000 people packed in hands up for every buildup, pandamonium.

Arc was more intimate. Seemed like everyone you knew was there. People u saw friday, people u havent seen in months. Sound quality was better BUT it was a smaller room. Lights were suprisingly stunning as well (my first time at arc :eek: )

Also at roxy he had 7 hrs to contour his set whereas here he only had 4...I feel stereo and the Lee Combs Pump Up the Jam break were unexpected treats as well.....The encores were Awesome esp for me and larry who are HUGE NU NRG fans--

Taub hit me up when u get a chance, I need to know about this carerra 2 Nu Nrg mix b/c i dont remember it

Def nice seeing Helen and Irina (looking good ladies) as well as the rest of the crew and of course the usual suspects (aka the sick suspects--Roninguide and Larry Headcold) Nice job on troopin it down--deb sabina DAN WILSON glad u had fun bro, joeg, crobra, mikey a, jay, Dj Jon Disfcuktional, and everyone else

PVD may have slipped to #4 in the DJ Rankings, but after destroying nyc friday and monday with a combined 4 encores and over $15,000 raised for a charity helping WTC victims....

he goes straight to #1 in my book.

Mike Bugout

Where the hell were, like, 90% of you guys? Looks like I missed out on meeting a lot of people.

At the beginning he was really good, but he seemed to get cheesier and cheesier as the night went on. Either way, it was nice seeing him for the first time since Twilo....

.....oh, and all I could think for about half the night was how much better than Howells he is :tongue:

I agree with you bugout with not being able to compare Friday's set to last night's set...there's no way...both sets were incredible to me and i had a great time both nights (Zeeker was in shock that "Clubgyrl00" hit up 2 new clubs in one weekend!! lolz...:laugh: ) I haven't been in the nyc scene for as long as many of you...in fact i was too young to go clubbing in the days you all speak of twilo, but if last night at ARc resembled nights at twilo, than i can totalyl relate...listening to PVD's set, with the diverse crowd and all the energy that was in that small room brought me right back to the days when i first started getting into trance at a little afterhours club in Connecticut that used to be called Insomnia....i swear that Insomnia and Arc could be sister clubs....I had nothin but a huge smile on my face all night....

Great seeing all of you, esp DigitalDan and Zeeker....best moment of the night (besides getting PVD's autograph...sigh...:D ) was when one of my girls yells, 'oh my gosh, PVD improved on his social skills!" For that one moment, he broke all seriousness and finally waved and caught our eyes...i almost died!!

Originally posted by brickhouse

.....oh, and all I could think for about half the night was how much better than Howells he is :tongue:

~~~ditto:tongue:

al im gonna say is that PVD is the god of ALL dj's.....first time i heard him live and i had the best time ever!!! the vibe was amazing!!!

shout outs to :arthur, euge, irene, steve, jon, justin, dj exvile, robin, sabina, larry, bugout, debbie,apotheosis, highmay, jay, gmoneyjive.........im sure im missing a few sowee!!! hopefully there will be more charity events like this in the future:D

:heart: P V D :heart:

Hi everyone! The crowd was awesome at Arc last night, it was great to see all the love there. I have never seen PVD so happy and laid back. I think he was really in his groove and I had a great time. but enough of that, I think we can all agree that he knows how to connect with the crowd and play an awesome set.

Here are my questions:

1) Where can I get a playlist? Sorry if someone already posted a link, I am at work and don't have time to read all the posts.

2) at Roxy and last night, he played a track I don't know, but loved. I THINK there were words like "you're mama's alright, your daddy's alright" does this make any sense? I could be a complete idiot here. If anyone knows what the hell I am referring to, please help me out.

3) Who has seen PVD at home? I am (hopefully) checking him out in Berlin and Munich in December. Me thinks seeing him in his homeland has got to be amazing.

Thanks, everyone! I am sure I saw a bunch of you last night..I thought everyone was having a great time. I danced till my legs wouldn't work and then hung out on a speaker. Nice system at ARc....

Originally posted by brianna41579

[

3) Who has seen PVD at home? I am (hopefully) checking him out in Berlin and Munich in December. Me thinks seeing him in his homeland has got to be amazing.

are you going to his b-day party? i want to.... but flights are too expensive. :(

Def a sick night.

I danced my ass for fo the first two hours, layed low int he chill out room for another hour, then proceeded to the dancefloor for the rest of the night.

NU NRG!!!!

PVD droppin NU NRG tracks left and right, I was lovin it.

All in all a great night. Nice seein everyone from CP and a few others.

Quoth you LIED!! Dan Wilson showed up and you were not there!

Awsome night!! I had so much fun.. Great seeing everyone.

shout outs to the normal crew Larry, Bugout, Robin, Sabina, Mike (larry's friend)

Jon, danwilson, justin, helen, Dimitri, irene, arthur, apotheosis, highmay, joeg, lavendermenace.

And it was great meeting my penis buddy Marcid :) haha

If missed you.. sorry....

in Totally random order.. here's what i have as for playlist.. it's all from my memory, i forgot to bring a piece of paper and pen.. doh!

underworld – one hundred Days off (pvd remix)

sipping soma – superconscious (so alive)

3 drives – carrera

nu nrg - mistral

dino lenny – I feel stereo

Pvd - Susann

Pvd- Animacion

2 finger burnt- for a devil

sun decade – I’m alone (ronski speed remix)

dt8 – destination (remix)

marco v – I feel you (pvd rework)

nu nrg – take your air

klea – tic toc (pvd remix)

chicane – autumn tactics (thrillseekers remix)

blank & jones – watching the waves (pvd remix?)

solid sleep - club attack

ghostland feat. Sinead o connor – guide me god (pvd rework)

dark suite – dark sweet piano

malte & marq de clarq – no more rain

pvd – take me higher

noemi – y.o.u.

rapid eye – circa forever (Iberia main room remix)

rising star – star theme

Originally posted by brianna41579

Love From Above Party at Columbiahalle and Love Parade in Berlin this summer... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it was but I can assure you it will be amazing

Originally posted by northjerzymatt22

HEY EVERYONE I POSTED MY PICS AND I WAS LOOKIN FOR ALL THE CP HEADS...I DIDNT FIND ANY !!!

CHECK OUT WHAT I GOT THOUGH

pvd.jpg

I dunno whats better, you gettin PVD to sign ur phone or my boy gettin Tiesto to sign his passport when he played in DC... :laugh:

it looks like he's been to the country of Tiesto...:laugh:

good shit tho....we'll meet up next time....prolly Ferry Cortsen @ Roxy Dec 13th

Mike Bugout