Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is religion/nationality a factor when dating someone to you?

sassa

Originally posted by mystify82281

i agree that religion is a VERY important topic....

me and my bf hate the fact that we cannot compromise ... but we also figure we're only 21 and 24..... so we have time to figure stuff out IF we want to stay together.... we're young still.....

with his family, he MUST marry a jewish woman or a converted jew.... on the other hand, i just don't know if i would even WANT to convert.....

this gets me frustrated whenever i or we think about it........

....I feel your pain mystify, my BF is also Jewish & his family would perfer him to marry within his religion. I'm only 20 & don't want to get married to anyone any time soon, but it frustrates me b/c I know if we stay together, it could be a major issue in the long run :(

Originally posted by njangel

....I feel your pain mystify, my BF is also Jewish & his family would perfer him to marry within his religion. I'm only 20 & don't want to get married to anyone any time soon, but it frustrates me b/c I know if we stay together, it could be a major issue in the long run :(

love conquors all babe ;)

BG

Originally posted by somebitch

yeah, i think religion is a big issue, especially in a committed relationship. im an atheist/agnostic, i would like someone who is the same. i would like to discuss things and see eye to eye on some issues. i dont think i could see a person raised religiously the same way as i would see someone who formed their own views. i was a philosophy major, it is important to me that a person questions their beliefs.

im w/ you girl! im not an atheist but i am agnostic....i think religion is man's law not god's....i think it's all bullshit

i also take a great interest in philosophy and have taken many classes....

it's refreshing to see you have the same point of view!:D

Originally posted by sassa

why would i be? i have actually been in south africa...that's why i say it's lovely. :blank:

i guess being nice to you is a lost cause.

not at all, just that most your posts are sarcastic.

And yes, the nice areas are gorgeous, and there are other areas where you kick rocks for fun. But the women cant be beat, partying is cheap, and surroundings make it all the better....kinda like NJ

Well from a serious relationship point of view, I'm pretty spiritual and could not even concieve spending my life with someone who completely rejected God, or who could never appreciate the beliefs that make me who I am and affect how I behave. I also could not spend my life with someone who openly condemned other religions or spirituality. I think basically I want your personal beliefs to be compatible with my own and someone who is open minded.

When it comes to race and nationality, I pretty much don't care as long as you're hot. There are certain physical characteristics that will always turn me on, but I'll take it no matter what country or race you are. If you don't have a problem with me, I don't have a problem with you. You just better be a sexy piece of ass. And mixed race children are always so beautiful....