Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PvD calls out Edgar V!!!

quest4sunrise

I just got the new "DJ" magazine and according to the number 4 guy (but #1 to me!)... a Mr. Paul Van Dyk:

Future DJ heros: Edgar V from Miami (former Club Space resident). He is that good that eventhough nobody knows him in Germany, I invited him to play for us at Vandit in Berlin, and he rocked!

There you have it. BRING EDGAR BACK!!! BRING EDGAR BACK!!! Come on Louis!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by quest4sunrise

I just got the new "DJ" magazine and according to the number 4 guy (but #1 to me!)... a Mr. Paul Van Dyk:

Future DJ heros: Edgar V from Miami (former Club Space resident). He is that good that eventhough nobody knows him in Germany, I invited him to play for us at Vandit in Berlin, and he rocked!

There you have it. BRING EDGAR BACK!!! BRING EDGAR BACK!!! Come on Louis!!

trance is dead!!!! trance is dead!!!!!

trance is the backbone of dance music! I can't believe I'd see such an ignorant on this post, but judging from all your other posts, I expected something like that from you. I sorry it pains you so such to see other people, outside of yourself, have joy. Hmm, maybe we can talk about this someday and I will teach you how to feed off of other people's joy in a way that is productive both for the the greater good of the people and yourself. I really am sorry if trance threatens in such a way. Personally, I don't like house, but I don't attack it because I have enough security in myself that I simply do not have to be arrogant and irritable. I will turn only 23 tomorrow, but I am past that stage in my life. I am empathetic with you in that I understand it is easy to simply the easy thing to say something "sucks" and write it off as that or stigmatize it. Hell, labeling things is simply "the American way" It's simple, and best of all you don't have to think. I understand you wanting to do the simple thing. However, being that I strongly believe human beings are innately "good natured" and we are of few species that have the ability to think critically, I like putting those 2 factors together and formulating my life's paradigm accordingly. Might I suggest a bit of the same for you? Because, eventhough I see you slag everyone who posts something interesting or fun, I wish you have the same amount of joy too. Now, I know your first reaction will probably be to deny this or justify why you do what you do. So, I expect that, and if you try to come after or belittle me, I have enough confidence that those words will simply be irrelevet, so save your time. Instead, go outside and thank God for life itself. Then come back and surprise everyone. Say something respectable for once. It'll make you feel good, I promise

Hello,

mmhh. I think the 'trance is dead comment' is somewhat out of place. I don`t know your reasons, but I 'assume' that, perhaps, you're a regressive fan??

anyways, I`m glad Paul has made such comment about Edgar. I went to see him 2 weeks ago in a club in west palm and it absolutely rocked (as Paul said.) Excellent music choice, great mixing. I`m glad he plays like this now because I year ago (Ultra3, when I saw him for the first time, I didn`t like him much since he played hard trance.) Then, at this year's Ultra, he was so much better. I really liked his change and I hope he stays like this!

Cheers!

many greetings,

arturo.

ps: PvD & Edgar 12.27@space! hwaaaaaaaa! kick ass.

trance is the backbone of dance music! I can't believe I'd see such an ignorant on this post, but judging from all your other posts, I expected something like that from you. I sorry it pains you so such to see other people, outside of yourself, have joy. Hmm, maybe we can talk about this someday and I will teach you how to feed off of other people's joy in a way that is productive both for the the greater good of the people and yourself. I really am sorry if trance threatens in such a way. Personally, I don't like house, but I don't attack it because I have enough security in myself that I simply do not have to be arrogant and irritable. I will turn only 23 tomorrow, but I am past that stage in my life. I am empathetic with you in that I understand it is easy to simply the easy thing to say something "sucks" and write it off as that or stigmatize it. Hell, labeling things is simply "the American way" It's simple, and best of all you don't have to think. I understand you wanting to do the simple thing. However, being that I strongly believe human beings are innately "good natured" and we are of few species that have the ability to think critically, I like putting those 2 factors together and formulating my life's paradigm accordingly. Might I suggest a bit of the same for you? Because, eventhough I see you slag everyone who posts something interesting or fun, I wish you have the same amount of joy too. Now, I know your first reaction will probably be to deny this or justify why you do what you do. So, I expect that, and if you try to come after or belittle me, I have enough confidence that those words will simply be irrelevet, so save your time. Instead, go outside and thank God for life itself. Then come back and surprise everyone. Say something respectable for once. It'll make you feel good, I promise

:eek: :eek: holy shit quest !! you are only 23 ?? that wasa great post !! but dont pay too much mind to saleen.. hes actually an OK guy in person :D & once again , great post !! smart d for being 23

Edgar has already had the respect of many since day one of his old Saturday night residency @SPACE. He had the place packed every single weekend with no advertising on 93.1 and no advertising in virtually every free magazine and newspaper that South Florida has to offer, there is something to be said about that.

Trance will never die there is already evidence that it is bringing back the spark in the SOBE/MIAMI nightlife scene.

Armin,Marco,Johan,Tiesto,PVD,JULES, etc.,etc..etc. the evidence is crystal clear.

Track of the moment

Conjure One- Tears From The Moon(Tiesto Mix)

Originally posted by koky

:eek: :eek: holy shit quest !! you are only 23 ?? that wasa great post !! but dont pay too much mind to saleen.. hes actually an OK guy in person :D & once again , great post !! smart d for being 23

I won't and, like I said, I'm sure he is pleasent underneath it all. Maybe if we meet, we'll have a drink and share philosophies. It might be quite the time. However, I simply don't agree with attacking people and what they enjoy. It is heartless

Guest saleen351

OK TRANCE FANS AND PEOPLE WHO THINK TRANCE IS MAKING A COME BACK OR THINK ITS STILL POPULAR, ANSWER ME THIS;

SPACIOUS GIVES YOU CLUB SPACE FOR FREE. ITS ALL YOURS WITH NO DEBT. WOULD YOU BOOK TRANCE DJS ON SATURDAY NIGHTS? WOULD THOSE TRANCE DJS PAY THE BILLS? COULD YOU MAKE MONEY? WOULD IT SUSTAIN IT POPULARITY?

ANSWER IS A FLAT OUT NO!!!!!!!!

FIRST OFF YOU COULDN'T BOOK THOSE SUSPER STAR TRANCE DJS EVERY WEEK. SECOND THE PRICE OF THOSE GUYS WOULD OPEN YOU TO HUGE RISK, AND YOU RISK THE ALIENATION OF THE TRIBAL/HOUSE/PROGRESSIVE/TECH FANS WHICH MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE CLUB MUSIC LOVERS... ALSO DJS LIKE EDGAR CAN'T PACK THEM IN, IF YOU COULD HE'D STILL WORK THERE!!!!!!! HE HAD HIS SHOT AT FRIDAYS AND NOW ITS OVER..

I LOVE FREESTYLE, BUT I WOULD NOT BOOK GEORGE LAMOND TO PLAY SPACE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT.. LET IT GO, ITS OVER... IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A NICHE MARKET AND BIG NAME GUYS CAN PACK CERTAIN PLACES... BUT OVER ALL, TRANCE IS A GLOWSTICK, RAVER, PILL POPPING LOSER FEST!!!!!!! I'M 25, MY GLOWSTICK DAYS WERE OVER IN 97 AT TEMPS...

GO TO BUSINESS SCHOOL TRANCE LOVERS THEN CALL ME... CAUSE YOU GUYS JUST WON'T LET IT GO...

GO TO BUSINESS SCHOOL TRANCE LOVERS THEN CALL ME... CAUSE YOU GUYS JUST WON'T LET IT GO...

Now i understand the "trance is dead" comment man, you seem to be the kinda of person that was happy Moshing wwas in budweiser commercials...you're just another capitalist rat running through their eternal maze of misperception....

What about Outside USA?????? you think peopleover there go with music fasds depending on their $$$ successs.of couyrse they're are some that do, does that only worry about sucking the pockets out of the demand....you make me puke...You seem like that kinda of people that think "outside USA" is the other continent...

Free your mind and you'll be happy/

Where is trance now???? how about huge festivals in israel, holland, etc??? When I mean huge i mean people geared up, passionate for the music, where do you find that in your poser, "im better than you " looking "HOUSE" crowd, that, IMO, 80% doesn't even know what house is, they just follow the trend as they followed Trnace couple of years ago, Rap 4years ago, Grunge before that, etc...

If they use glowsticks and pop pills, who r you to judge????O I know, youre the guy that used to listen to trance WAY BEFORE it was popular so you DO have a reason for being cool at that time, well, guess what??? You were there in 97 becuase you must be 3 times as old as most of us...

Learn thjis lesson to be a happy person:

$$$ isn't everything...see ya

Originally posted by saleen351

OK TRANCE FANS AND PEOPLE WHO THINK TRANCE IS MAKING A COME BACK OR THINK ITS STILL POPULAR, ANSWER ME THIS;

SPACIOUS GIVES YOU CLUB SPACE FOR FREE. ITS ALL YOURS WITH NO DEBT. WOULD YOU BOOK TRANCE DJS ON SATURDAY NIGHTS? WOULD THOSE TRANCE DJS PAY THE BILLS? COULD YOU MAKE MONEY? WOULD IT SUSTAIN IT POPULARITY?

ANSWER IS A FLAT OUT NO!!!!!!!!

FIRST OFF YOU COULDN'T BOOK THOSE SUSPER STAR TRANCE DJS EVERY WEEK. SECOND THE PRICE OF THOSE GUYS WOULD OPEN YOU TO HUGE RISK, AND YOU RISK THE ALIENATION OF THE TRIBAL/HOUSE/PROGRESSIVE/TECH FANS WHICH MAKE UP THE MAJORITY OF THE CLUB MUSIC LOVERS... ALSO DJS LIKE EDGAR CAN'T PACK THEM IN, IF YOU COULD HE'D STILL WORK THERE!!!!!!! HE HAD HIS SHOT AT FRIDAYS AND NOW ITS OVER..

I LOVE FREESTYLE, BUT I WOULD NOT BOOK GEORGE LAMOND TO PLAY SPACE ON A SATURDAY NIGHT.. LET IT GO, ITS OVER... IT WILL ALWAYS HAVE A NICHE MARKET AND BIG NAME GUYS CAN PACK CERTAIN PLACES... BUT OVER ALL, TRANCE IS A GLOWSTICK, RAVER, PILL POPPING LOSER FEST!!!!!!! I'M 25, MY GLOWSTICK DAYS WERE OVER IN 97 AT TEMPS...

Saleen, quit being a cunt. Some people are into OTHER music besides Prog house, tech/tribal, blah blah blah.. Not everyone in the WHOLE CLUBPLANET WORLD listens to the same style of music you do.....:rolleyes:

Lola;)

Props to Edgar. He's a great guy and deserves whatever success comes his way.

As for the trance debate... If you like it, cool. If you don't, cool...

However, the statement...

trance is the backbone of dance music!

...is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy off base.

Originally posted by sgtfury

from a $$$ pespective..Space's 2 biggest nights have been Tiesto and PVD....

so........:idea:

so true greg !! & lets not forget piccotto .. those 3 acts were definately history !!!

as for edgar as a dj ??? well , lets just say me & a couple of other cp'ers have shown edgar what we think about him as a dj on the dancefloor !! where it counts !! funny how all the best times ive had in the past 2 1/2 years @ space had edgar involved !! hes definately in my top 3 favorate dj's...

Geez Saleen, if you like Freestyle so much just start listening more to Mega 103.5, and I think Salsa 98.3 has some Freestyle too (during mixshows).

Maybe you don't know this, but Miami radio used to be really big on Freestyle, especially Power 96, and up until 97-98 there was still a big amount of it played on that station.

If you want to bring some Freestyle artists I'd suggest you do it at a place that attracts adults, or the older clubbing crowd, such as Bermuda Bar, but you can forget about places like Space or Crobar.

As for Trance, you're way off in what you said about it. If you don't like it that's fine, but you just like to stir up controversy.Thing is, if I'm not mistaken you actually listen to some Trance like Jurgen Vries "The Theme" , Ferry Corsten "Punk", and I don't remember you saying anything bad about Scot Project either...

funny how things are. i was told by louis p. that "trance is dead," i'm glad i don't listen to or believe eveything people say...

God bless edgar, george and padilla...(not to mention their many european counterparts) we want more more more ! ! ! :2guns:

i have always loved space, and it has always been the shiznit, but without edgar, it just isn't same (...year 1...) you agree????

Trance is dead?????????? That may be so, and in the eyes of many trance heads it may actually have already become reality. However, there are still those moments when trance rules. It may not be Saturday nights at space anymore. And Shadow has been long forgotten. The Mix is ancient history. But when conference comes around, and people from all over the world come to miami to party. Trance is in full effect. Who is willing to be the last 4-5 main acts at Ultra will be trance DJ's. There is something about it that makes a festival or brings something to the night. You don't see those 30- 40,000 person events in the UK booking deep dish all night. Hell no, the main arena always has a line up similar to this. Tiesto, Judge Jules, Armin Van Buren, Ferry Corsten, Fergie, Muaro. There is something about the music that still brings in the masses. Even though trance may be 'dead' and I actually agree to some extent, it still packs em in. And I'm still into it. But house rules in Miami..... for now. Let's see how Miami reacts to the talent coming over the next month or so......

And by the way, my prediction for the last 5 acts at the Ultra 'Space' Main stage this year:

Oakenfold

Acosta

Tiesto

Picotto(Please)

Paul Van Dyk

8 days till Picotto.............

Guest saleen351

Some facts:

First off saying tiesto and pvd were the biggest money makers is not true. I really don't know the numbers, but I know this: they cost 20k-30k to book in nyc, not sure on the miami numbers, but i'm sure it was a hefty amount. Also I'd bet anyone on here, the most profitable nights at Space has to be regular og and roland nights. Only makes sense. No promoting, no adverstising, no 20k djs salaries and I'd bet when pvd plays the bar rolls are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy down from the drug use, but for og and roland they habor a drinking crowd. PICOTTO IS NOT TRANCE, EVEN HE SAID IT... I doubt space makes much money off picotto, i think its done to keep us "happy"... too many drugs, not enough drinkers and he doesnt' really pack them in, which is fine for me, more room to gudio fist pump...

and for you corinto, you stupid idiot. Of course we think that way. Go read a book on captialism. Put it this way, the state of california has the 5th largest econ in the world. JUST THE STATE OF CALI IS THE 5TH LARGEST ECON IN THE WORLD. USA IS NUMBER ONE, BUT WHEN JUST ONE OF OUR STATES IS IN THE TOP TEN YOU HAVE TO REALIZE, EVERY SUSCEESSFUL COMPANY FROM DJS TO GUYS WHO MAKE PENCILS, HAVE TO WIN OVER THE USA TO REALLY MAKE IT. WITHOUT THE USA DOLLAR AND OUR BUYING POWER YOUR LITTLE TRANCE DJS AND THEIR MUSIC WOULD BE IN A HUGE HUGE HUGE HOLE. 60% OF ALL PORSHES COME TO AMERICA. WE BUY 50% OF THE OIL FROM THE MIDDLE EAST ETC ETC ETC. WITHOUT US TRANCE IS IN TROUBLE. ALSO YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT TRENDS. ALL TRENDS START IN AMEIRCA. REMEMBER WHEN PRODIGY CAME OUT, WELL MOST OF YOUS THOUGHT IT BLEW UP IN AMERICA, BUT SALES OF THE GENRE OF MUSIC DIDN'T SELL AND THATS WHY YOU DON'T SEE ANY OF THEM OVER HERE. HELL THERE ISN'T A BRITISH ACT IN THE BILLBOARD TOP 40 IN THE FIRST TIME IN 40 YEARS AND YOU WONDER WHY THE UK POP ACTS CAN'T SELL A GOD DAMM RECORD OVER HERE AND THEY WONDER WHY THEIR MUSIC INDUSTRY IS IN SUCH SHAMBLES THAT THE GOVERMENT HAD TO STEP IN AND TRY AND SAVE IT.

music is a business.... and right now your trance industry is feeding off of 18 year old drug users with glow sticks and big brand names... But at what point do the clubs say, we are not paying you 20k, but only 10k? It has already started.. There was even some at space who opposed tiesto from playing... not saying who, but that person(s) had a good point, which I won't discuss.

Pick UP THE JOURNAL ONE DAY, READ THE NY TIMES, GET A CLUE.

REMEMBER THE 3 WORDS TO ALL SUCCESS IN THE WORLD:

CASH IS KING!!!!!!!!!!

AND FOR THE FREESYTLE I KNOW THE HISTORY, THE FIRST CLUB DOWN HERE IN FLORIDA TO BLOW UP FREESTYLE WAS THE ESCAPADE...wayy back in the day...

trance is the backbone of dance music!

i wouldnt say that trance is "the backbone"....i woud consider house more of a backbone...not taking anything from trance...i know alot of people that like both (like myself), but i know more people are that either love or hate house or trance...very few people can take both...right now the "flavor of the year" is Prog./tech/tribal house...next year who knows? maybe techno? music evolves and takes elements from each other...constantly evolving...and as for Saleen's comments about trance not holding up on Fridays...i agree, but alot of other places arent holding up on Fridays either...thats not a fair assumption, but a good trance dj (Edgar V) in another club and it might do very well...enough to beat Space? prob. not...but enough to pull a profit? most def....and i believe that Tiesto and PVD had the most revenue...yea both those Djs cost $$$, but with NO GUESTLISTS or guest lists closing really early....and water being charged at $6 a pop when i can buy the same water at Costco for .50 each bottle in bulk...u tell me? they do pull a major profit off the bar regardless...Fridays just suck everywhere....i doubt that any type of music could have helped Space on Fridays, even HOUSE...people for some reason are deciding to stay in on Fridays more and they party on Saturdays...if people go out on Fridays its either the movies, bars. lounges, pool halls, etc...trance still pulls in a crowd, not as big it once use to (unless ur Tiesto or PVD).....just my opinion....:D

Saleen I seriously advise you to go to a PVD,TIESTO,MARCO,ARMIN,JOHAN, or any other international trance dj shows before you make these outrageous statements.

Yes these guys are very expensive, yes the cover charge is higher, and yes these guys sell out and pack SPACE harder and faster than anyone else. How can you possibly make these statements when you never even attend?

Obviously Louis is willing to shell out $$$$$$ to book these guys and on top of that more $$$$ to promote the acts weeks before they come down, why because regardless of what music genres people are drawn too it is impossible not to feel the incredible energy, and signature sound that is reflected from the DJ booth by these guys.

Track of the moment: Conjure One-Tears From The Moon(Tiesto Remix)