Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How were Doc and Harvey?? Reviews...

vipnerd

harvey played it kinda chill, laying down some weird electronica, old school jams & classics mixed with a very deep house set, very harvey but kinda reserved. keeping it cool setting it up for doc.

doc just fuckin killed it for 3 hours. fresh deep bumpin 4/4 most of the way mixed with some classics & some real deep shit.

a absolute amazing night of music. great crowd, great party.

thank you aquabooty. marlon

Originally posted by musicislife

harvey played it kinda chill, laying down some weird electronica, old school jams & classics mixed with a very deep house set, very harvey but kinda reserved. keeping it cool setting it up for doc.

doc just fuckin killed it for 3 hours. fresh deep bumpin 4/4 most of the way mixed with some classics & some real deep shit.

a absolute amazing night of music. great crowd, great party.

thank you aquabooty. marlon

What a shame I missed this!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:mad:

Aquabooty has definitely shown time and time again that they can impress you, and impress you they did on Saturday. Harvey played some filthy dirty disco tech funk. Doc Martin picked up right where he left off and played some real smooth deep house and some more discoish house for good measure. Hilight of the night was hearing 4 mixes of Liberty City's Some Lovin from '93. I Had never heard out this song on a big system, but its definitely made for the dancefloor. Joe and Tomas thanks for providing such an awesome night I really hope to see these guys soonish *WMC?* maybe for a longer time? How was the afterparty .. we were so beat we couldn't make it...

GET SOME LOVIN YOU WANT SOME LOVIN GET SOME LOVIN YOU NEED SOME LOVIN

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

Wow!! What a wonderful night. Big up to all 750 of you that showed up for doc and harvey. Who's says Miami does not support great music. Granted, we promoted the hell out of this one. It was so worth it.

Harvey was wonderful. Some discoy house, dub and even an electroclash track. Amazing. DHM's (all three od them) tongues were hanging watching this master do what he does. Beautiful mixing, greater love of the party and the crowd. He was reserved for what I know he does when he finishes the night which was perfect for Doc to step on,

Doc. Man you should have watched this man mix. He would bring in the next tract 5 minutes before he even dropped into it. He stayed deep for a while and gave it nice peaks here and there. The crowd was so wonderful, egging him on more and more. I had to leave for the afterparty at the begginning of his first encore about 4:40. Don;t know what happened after that.

After party was sooooo much fun. All I will say is. Back yard barn wrasslin", Harvey broke some ribs, it was a blast, we have the video tape (I'll send it to his agent). Don't miss another warehouse party. Our patio was kickin' and punchin' and body slammin' and table smashin' Great times guys!!!!

There is now only two rules at the warehouse.

No smoking inside

No jack ass/barn wrestlin" (our thanksgiving table is in shards!)

Love to you all and please continue to support Aquabooty when you can

Joe Budious

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

Wow!! What a wonderful night. Big up to all 750 of you that showed up for doc and harvey. Who's says Miami does not support great music. Granted, we promoted the hell out of this one. It was so worth it.

Harvey was wonderful. Some discoy house, dub and even an electroclash track. Amazing. DHM's (all three od them) tongues were hanging watching this master do what he does. Beautiful mixing, greater love of the party and the crowd. He was reserved for what I know he does when he finishes the night which was perfect for Doc to step on,

Doc. Man you should have watched this man mix. He would bring in the next tract 5 minutes before he even dropped into it. He stayed deep for a while and gave it nice peaks here and there. The crowd was so wonderful, egging him on more and more. I had to leave for the afterparty at the begginning of his first encore about 4:40. Don;t know what happened after that.

After party was sooooo much fun. All I will say is. Back yard barn wrasslin", Harvey broke some ribs, it was a blast, we have the video tape (I'll send it to his agent). Don't miss another warehouse party. Our patio was kickin' and punchin' and body slammin' and table smashin' Great times guys!!!!

No smoking inside

Joe Budious

Yeah Joe!!!!!!!!:clap::aright:

as i was standing there watching/listening to harvey play, play mellow music and see everyone have a great time, made me realize what a master he is. this guy could play at slow bpms(120-122) and mellow deep quality tracks and people where loving it. i sure was. i know some thought it was kind of mellow, but he intended it to be that way, thats the beauty of it, he was going against what we are used to, and everyone had a great time. he was in a groove and put the party in that groove.

joe is right, we were in aw. anybody that has the balls to play this mellow and have a great party earns my respect. its easy to put on high energy pumping tracks, ofcourse people will love it, it stimulates the surface. im guilty of it myself. This saturday, we heard true deep house, the stimulation was a bit "deeper". i felt like i was at an old warehouseparty, where the parties were all about great music. Truly a legendary night!

Doc martin impressed me also, never heard him before and heard mixed reviews, but he was good, worked well with harvey and kept the party going til the last song. overall and excellent party.

thanks for coming out.

tomorrow (wednesday) night we are at the space patio 1 - 5am.

saturday back at lola.

see you on the dancefloor.

omar

dhm

dhm@dhmonline.net for mailing list and info.

fucking amazing night... harvey spun one of my favorite sets this year. stayed for like an hour of doc martin's set and left rather early b/c i was beat. even though doc martin was great, i was feeling harvey a lot more. unfortunately i arrived a bit late and missed out on dhm (can anyone fill me in on that?). once again, thank you joe and all involved w/aquabooty. marcos.

Originally posted by mrjoebudious

No smoking inside

Joe Budious

As always, job well done, Joe.

Took a power nap after closing the store and woke up at 11 am

The whole warehouse afterparty got me so excited, that I ended missing it all.

Sorry guys, you know I like to show some love to all your events.

See you guys soon,

MD

Much thanks to all who came out last saturday for the Doc & Harvey show. what a amazing night of music!!! if you all read joes post you know the warehouse party got a bit out of hand. i feel partially responsable. if my memory serves correct i belive boomerang & myself may have started all the shenanegans. to any spectators that may have been inadvertantly grazed, nicked or otherwise inflicted with bodily injury during the aformentioned my apoligies. there was however a sort of bond created among masochists. after long disscusions several broken bones & a tetnus shot later it looks like we may have a miami residency with Harvey in the works. stay tuned for more info... cheers, tomas

:bootysha:

it looks like we may have a miami residency with Harvey in the works. stay tuned for more info...

Good news Tomas .. I'm really hoping this works out. What an amazing night .. probably the best one at lola for me.

Lookin forward to the next installment.

DEEP DOWN IN MIAMI,

Ramon C.

areyourestricted?

fucking amazing night. i had a great time as did everyone i came out with. sorry i missed the after party now. sounds like my kind of games. ;) i was just too beat to make it over to the warehouse. can't wait to hear harvey again (and doc for that matter. let's jam, let's jam radioactive! have not heard that in YEARS!!!)