• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

remember hog, it's the resident that creates the vibe...:laugh:

CHAPTER 11 ANYONE.....

the cheese brothers, back to back nights....

this whole George Acosta thing; if it’s true is a little disappointing. to begin I don’t see how Spin was able to get approval for after-hours, the folks in miami beach government are not keen on after hours clubs. in addition why the hell would Spin have an after –hours, that would be competing with it’s other venue Space. then we have the issue of George Acosta , he really wasn’t doing the numbers at Level; so I don’t foresee him doing the numbers at Spin. if his performance at this past weeks Global Gathering, is any indication; it’s the same old cheesy trance breakdowns. in all honesty I don’t see GA, making any radical changes in his format. imo a far better option would be to use spin on Saturday night, to help bring up some local talent i.e. Stryke, Ariel Baund, Jimmy T., etc.

I always see people posting on the board, that we should support the scene. personally I would like to see some club owners, get a little more creative with regard to the scene, and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Sorry about the ranting.

:D

Originally posted by sobeton

this whole George Acosta thing; if it’s true is a little disappointing. to begin I don’t see how Spin was able to get approval for after-hours, the folks in miami beach government are not keen on after hours clubs. in addition why the hell would Spin have an after –hours, that would be competing with it’s other venue Space. then we have the issue of George Acosta , he really wasn’t doing the numbers at Level; so I don’t foresee him doing the numbers at Spin. if his performance at this past weeks Global Gathering, iosta thing; if it’s true is a little disappointing. to begin I don’t see how Spin was able to get approval for after-hours, the folks in miami beach government are not keen on after hours clubs. in addition why the hell would Spin have an after –hours, that would be competing with it’s other venue Space. then we have the issue of George Acosta , he really wasn’t doing the numbers at Level; so I don’t foresee him doing the numbers at Spin. if his performance at this past weeks Global Gathering, is any indication; it’s the same old cheesy trance breakdowns. in all honesty I don’t see GA, making any radical changes in his format. imo a far better option would be to use spin on Saturday night, to help bring up some local talent i.e. Stryke, Ariel Baund, Jimmy T., etc.

I always see people posting on the board, that we should support the scene. personally I would like to see some club owners, get a little more creative with regard to the scene, and stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Sorry about the ranting.

:D s any indication; it’s the same old cheesy trance breakdowns. in all honesty I don’t see GA, making any radical changes in his format. imo a far better option would be to use spin on Saturday night, to help bring up some local talent i.e. Stryke, Ariel Baund, Jimmy T., etc.

:D

Sobeton ........... the afterhours thing is only a sarcasm on GA ......I don't like his music ...... that's all ......... let him play starting at 5 am for the poor employees and managers at Spin ....... in other words ...... why not forget about GA and let Ariel play alone!!

Sorry for any confusion.... Peace.....:hat:

As someone with a ton of experience related to this topic, I thought I'd chime in...

First of all, You don't have to love George Acosta or what he plays. You do have to respect the fact that he has a legit following and is packing rooms anywhere he plays. His fans love him and there are many of them.

That said, why not Spin? It's a great room for DJ's...it's the right size for GA...They need a consistant Saturday...GA needs a new home.

No one believes more than I do that club owners MUST give up-and-coming guys a shot and support new music. What I never see here on this board is any understanding of the realities that face club owners on the financial level. Luis has to pay the bills just like every other club owner and the sad truth is that if he made Ariel Baund the Saturday resident, he would have 80 people in the room who all got in for free. As passionate as you all are on this board, there are not enough of you to support the club and make it profitable. Not to mention that you all want a discount or guestlist. I can give you a long list of fresh talent that I have brought in and lost money on.

It's a very tough business with fierce competition. George Acosta is a DJ that Luis can count on week in and week out to bring in business. He carried Shadow Lounge on his back for a long time. His fans will follow him. They will spend money. They will love what he plays and have fun. If you're not one of them...don't go.

As for Ariel Baund, you all know how much I think of this guy. He is a great talent and will eventually get his shot. Be patient...he is.

Dade

Guest saleen351

So LP is going head to head with Spin on fridays and saturdays while a new club is open in sobe, and the new space is double the size.... This is a equation for disater... Space can't pack them in, and if maze gets some broads up in there, fa get ta bout it!!! Space has no chicks, spins closes at 3am, and they still can't figure out drink prices, while up the road the beers and drinks are the same prices all night and you don't have to worry about local this or local that and did i mention no stephan at maze...

Originally posted by ogmiami

As someone with a ton of experience related to this topic, I thought I'd chime in...

First of all, You don't have to love George Acosta or what he plays. You do have to respect the fact that he has a legit following and is packing rooms anywhere he plays. His fans love him and there are many of them.

That said, why not Spin? It's a great room for DJ's...it's the right size for GA...They need a consistant Saturday...GA needs a new home.

No one believes more than I do that club owners MUST give up-and-coming guys a shot and support new music. What I never see here on this board is any understanding of the realities that face club owners on the financial level. Luis has to pay the bills just like every other club owner legit following and is packing rooms anywhere he plays. His fans love him and there are many of them.

No one believes more than I do that club owners MUST give up-and-coming guys a shot and support new music. What I never see here on this board is any understanding of the realities that face club owners on the financial level. Luis has to pay the bills just like every other club owner and the sad truth is that if he made Ariel Baund the Saturday resident, he would have 80 people in the room who all got in for free. As passionate as you all are on this board, there are not enough of you to support the club and make it profitable. Not to mention that you all want a discount or guestlist. I can give you a long list of fresh talent that I have brought in and lost money on.

It's a very tough business with fierce competition. George Acosta is a DJ that Luis can count on week in and week out to bring in busine and the sad truth is that if he made Ariel Baund the Saturday resident, he would have 80 people in the room who all got in for free. As passionate as you all are on this board, there are not enough of you to support the club and make it profitable. Not to mention that you all want a discount or guestlist. I can give you a long list of fresh talent that I have brought in and lost money on.

It's a very tough business with fierce competition. George Acosta is a DJ that Luis can count on week in and week out to bring in business. He carried Shadow Lounge on his back for a long time. His fans will follow him. They will spend money. They will love what he plays and have fun. If you're not one of them...don't go.

As for Ariel Baund, you all know how much I think of this guy. He is a great talent and will eventually get his shot. Be patient...he is.

Dade

Ariel would put 80 people at Spin????........ Dade, I respect your opinion but can't agree .........

There is lack of determination in club owners....... when is a new ss. He carried Shadow Lounge on his back for a long time. His fans will follow him. They will spend money. They will love what he plays and have fun. If you're not one of them...don't go.

Dade

Originally posted by saleen351

So LP is going head to head with Spin on fridays and saturdays while a new club is open in sobe, and the new space is double the size.... This is a equation for disater... Space can't pack them in, and if maze gets some broads up in there, fa get ta bout it!!! Space has no chicks, spins closes at 3am, and they still can't figure out drink prices, while up the road the beers and drinks are the same prices all night and you don't have to worry about local this or local that and did i mention no stephan at maze...

TRUE:hat:

duh? anyone with half a brain cell would figure out this is more of financially stability for Spin than anything else. It's actually a very shrewed and smart thing to do if you come to think of it and it could only boast monetery influx ... Sad but true, George dose have a very large trance following which is exactly what that venue needs .... PEOPLE ...

just like Dade said .... but I do think Ariel could draw a bit more than 80 people

ogmiami >are you serious ?? in all due respect Dade, do you think some of us are uneducated twits; with no understanding of the financial realities of running a business ?? I’m sorry but I for one will not sit here and blow proverbial smoke up George Acosta’s arse. the reality is if George was so adored by his fans, and could pack clubs.. he would still be at Level. . further there is a reason he is at Spin, and not at Space on Friday, which would be a larger audience for him. think about it.. quite frankly I don’t care how many list George appears on. he is a great DJ, but imo he is lazy. he stays in his comfort zone, and rarely strays from that zone. in the last year, I have heard over 5 sets from him; with the most recent one being this past Saturday at Global Gathering. Sandra Collins was on before George, and to put it mildly she blew him out of the water. her set was full of energy, outstanding track selections, and had the crowd going off. George came on, and audience simply went limp. in the past year I have seen, this pattern manifest even at Level.

is George the cure to whatever ills Spin may have on Saturday ? immediately the answer is yes.. however over time I see the audience at Spin going elsewhere; again I base this on the final months at Shadow, and his most recent history at Level. part of being in business is taking risk, thinking outside the box, and not trying to reinvent the wheel. Spin sure as hell can due a lot better then George Acosta on a Saturday night. then again maybe he will prove me wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.. I’ll be at Space..

finally for someone who says they are a supporter of Ariel, you show very little faith in his abilities. I certainly know the man can draw more then 80 people?

Originally posted by sobeton

is George the cure to whatever ills Spin may have on Saturday ? immediately the answer is yes.. however over time I see the audience at Spin going elsewhere; again I base this on the final months at Shadow, and his most recent history at Level. part of being in business is taking risk, thinking outside the box, and not trying to reinvent the wheel. Spin sure as hell can due a lot better then George Acosta on a Saturday night. then again maybe he will prove me wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.. I’ll be at Space..

finally for someone who says they are a supporter of Ariel, you show very little faith in his abilities. I certainly know thence at Spin going elsewhere; again I base this on the final months at Shadow, and his most recent history at Level. part of being in business is taking risk, thinking outside the box, and not trying to reinvent the wheel. Spin sure as hell can due a lot better then George Acosta on a Saturday night. then again maybe he will prove me wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.. I’ll be at Space..

finally for someone who says they are a supporter of Ariel, you show very little faith in his abilities. I certainly know the man can draw more then 80 people?

That was my point...... if they would only let me express myself...

:cool::hat: