Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EVOLUTION..a new party begins at exit

A new party is about to begin at exit on fridays called EVOLUTION.

One of the definitions of evolution is "a process of change in a particular direction. This process of change, with full cooperation of the ownership, management, staff and promoters will hopefully be a positive one. With the current state of the nightclub industry in ny, a great fun night out will definitly be welcomed. Lets face it, Exit with all it has to offer as a venue could and should be amazing..stay tuned......:party: :party:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if I'm being negative here, but from past experiences and all those "new" parties, I myself have given up on EXIT.

DJs are told one thing, Promoters another, then you have the assholes running the door and security who listen to someone else. All conflicting each other.

Exit is like a sore that you keep picking at to reopen and watch the process over and over again. I mean if you like that sort of thing.

Originally posted by apotheosis

DJs are told one thing, Promoters another, then you have the assholes running the door and security who listen to someone else. All conflicting each other.

Exactly. And everyone complains about the crowd at Exit.. but to tell you the honest truth.. I think what Mike has stated above is what pisses me off about Exit the most. Crowds can change.. but with managment run as poorly as it is in that place, the reputation will never.

Originally posted by drmoody

Lets face it, Exit with all it has to offer as a venue could and should be amazing..

You are 100% correct. All i could think of last time i was there were the POSSIBILITIES that place holds. But honestly...like Mikey and Cody and everyone else said....as long as the same promoters and management are there, the reuptation will stay with that club and work like a stigma....

They've tried bringin in the best dj's in the world, didnt work. Change the crowd, okay thats a start but honestly that place is similar to an insane asylum where the patients are in charge. The only reason I went back there to work last month was b/c i was working with an outside promoter.

Everyone's gotta go. Everyone. From Marvesi on down. The guy working the rope at the white room. The asshole inside the white room in the 50 dollar suit. The bartenders who sneer at you for not tipping after you paid 7 BUCKS for a gatorade b/c its 100000 degrees inside there. The bouncers who get off on molesting people. The roach who lives in the white room dj booth. The bouncers outside who refuse to let a dj in with his records for free.. EVERYONE....

but good luck with your new party there:D

Originally posted by djmikebugout

The bartenders who sneer at you for not tipping after you paid 7 BUCKS for a gatorade b/c its 100000 degrees inside there.

you just reminded me of a time the bartender actually threw my money at me because i handed her a wad of bills that weren't straight. i alomst hit the bitch. :mad:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

The bartenders who sneer at you for not tipping after you paid 7 BUCKS for a gatorade b/c its 100000 degrees inside there.

last I was there, Gatorades were $5...still high as hell, but not tipping is inexcusable in my book. Well, not inexcusable, but a sneer from the bartender is definitely warranted. I mean, I tip the girl working the candy stand at Roxy, even after I pay $3 for a thing of Tic Tacs.

Oh, I just have to bring it up. Red Bulls and other energy drinks ar $5 at Exit, and $6.50 at Roxy. :D

Originally posted by zeeker

last I was there, Gatorades were $5...still high as hell, but not tipping is inexcusable in my book. Well, not inexcusable, but a sneer from the bartender is definitely warranted. I mean, I tip the girl working the candy stand at Roxy, even after I pay $3 for a thing of Tic Tacs.

Oh, I just have to bring it up. Red Bulls and other energy drinks ar $5 at Exit, and $6.50 at Roxy. :D

Now dont me wrong, you make me a drink Imma tip you no doubt and tip u well....but im sorry, you hand me a gatorade which i could've reached behind there and grabbed myself and u expect me to award u for that effort? sorry. But sometimes I'll even tip these people especially f they are swamped-- but to give me an attitude when i dont tip...sorry thats gotta go....

ps--roxy also has these things called 'drink tickets' where the bartender makes u a drink for free and we ALWAYS tip the bartenders lovely...

pps-roxy charges more for drinks, okay. At least they dont have a room where u cant get in unless your buyin a bottle

dont turn this into roxy vs exit.....this is all about constructive criticism to help exit achieve what its capable of...Zeek-u love the place...Im SURE u have some suggestions??

I think 'Love' might be too strong of a word. I actually haven't been there in awhile. But, I was just pointing out that 'expensive' issue was the same in every club, especially the one on 18th street. Not everyone has drink tickets, btw.

About Exit though, yeah, I'm sure new Management would do that place some good. But who knows if/when that will happen.

I'm not quite sure what this 'new' "Evolution" pary entails...other then a new name...:confused: But, I doubt it will change how the club is run. Some more international talent would be nice though...like last Winter/Spring/Summer.

On a side note, does anyone know wtf is going on with Limelight? I haven't heard a thing about that place. Anyone gone on a regular Friday or saturday. Anything to report?:confused:

Ive been goin' to Exit for a while now and it has just turned into a place where i go on fridays as a last resort...This place has SOOOO much potential to be somethin special in the club world and to offer something everyone can enjoy as far as a club atmoshpere but they defnitely need to change....Since ive been goin there the crowd has changed, the people have changed and their attitudes too, and the girl guy ratio there is gettin alot smaller too...well the good lookin' girls anyway...That palce defenitely is hot as hell after a while too with like 5,000 people on that dance floor and i end up spendin' more money on drinks like water and red bulls then i do at the door... Its just not a place where i can enjoy myself and see beautiful people like i could at Roxy ( not tryin to turn this into no Exit Vs. Roxy bout just stating my opinions)...Draper defenitely bangs that palce out hard but alot of people hate that hard sh*t and it tends to push the crowd out I think...:woah: :woah: :clap: :clap: http://WWW.BUGOUTANDFEVA.COM

I like the place and i think bugouts commments are on point.

and the girl guy ratio is getting ridcoulous..thousands of people and u can count the hot APPROACHABLE girls on 2 hands. and i think that exit has done it to themselves. oh well maybe they will go under and someone else can take their place...but theres still nothing like hearing some banging shit on that main floor..i must say that drapers STYLE fits well in the space.

Originally posted by sdeelite

and another new and improved friday party at exit...

NEXT.

hater ;) .....does exit expect to pay their djs this time or do they have to break the platters of the 1200s after being screwed over for 2 weeks in a row like i did....or are they gonna still demand #'s and lie about how many u brought or make u sell tickets llolololol (that was the best one yet when i was asked to come back and spin). exit blows and has since early 2000. yes it does have potential but so do alot of places :rolleyes:

Donald Trump just recently purchased the entire block where exit is on. no word on what he wants to do with it yet, but who knows if exit will even be open for much longer. so enjoy it while it's here, before donnie goes turning it into his own personal paradise island....