Clubplanet Nightlife Community

EVOLUTION..a new party begins at exit

Originally posted by mattm2o

Eddie Baez friday nights!

i hate to knock it cause i loved baez back at sf yrs back before there was JP lol but do they honestly expect him to be consistent and draw. his roxy party goin back bombed as did his recent sf fri party. he couldnt even handle the jersey shore at XS. cause i know plenty of people who have heard him and said he hasnt changed with the times (musically) one bit. i haven theard him since last yr but his msuical selection was a little pathetic.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

Donald Trump just recently purchased the entire block where exit is on. no word on what he wants to do with it yet, but who knows if exit will even be open for much longer. so enjoy it while it's here, before donnie goes turning it into his own personal paradise island....

doesn't sound like such a bad thing at this point....

Originally posted by wakeup

i hate to knock it cause i loved baez back at sf yrs back before there was JP lol but do they honestly expect him to be consistent and draw. his roxy party goin back bombed as did his recent sf fri party. he couldnt even handle the jersey shore at XS. cause i know plenty of people who have heard him and said he hasnt changed with the times (musically) one bit. i haven theard him since last yr but his msuical selection was a little pathetic.

I totally agree, I don't see him lasting more than a few weeks to be honest with you!

Zeeker! There has been nobody there on fridays!

now that I had the opportunity to spin there two weeks ago in the Red Room. Fvcking promoter didn't even listen to me and it was supposed to be a "try out". The room had no bar which means no one is going to stay in there. And he blamed me because my g-list wasn't filled. Hey sorry dude, but no bar means no one coming to chill.

Fvcking bu ll sh it . How can they expect to be a superclub when the rooms play the same shite? The kid after me didn't even use records and he stopped my last record (which I had a crowd dancin to it) and threw on a Lawler cd...for 2 tracks and he wnet right into the happy hardcore crap from the main room. WTF!!!! didn't even try to mix into my track. Guess that shows the lack of talent their "DJs" have and I use that term loosely. And the promoter said I can't come back. Sorry if I try to play something good and original and not be rolling my face off when I play.

Fvcking arse holes at Exit.

DJ Tim Roberts...

ok, I'm not arguing in defense of Exit here, more just against what you're trying to say. First of all, the comment about the red room not having a bar to keep people in the room. Dumbass, people don't stay in that room for the alcohol, in fact, most of the people in that room aren't old enough to legally drink. They're in the red room to hear good music. If the room wasn't packed while you were spinning it's because you, the dj, weren't keeping them in there. I hang out in the red room all the time, and it's always packed when the music is decent. So, to reiretae on that point...crap DJ=empty red room.

Second point...you seem to be blaming the fact that your guestlist wasn't filled on the fact that there's no bar in the red room. Dude, you give the guestlist name at the door, not after you get up to the red room and see there is no bar. And don't even try to play it off like the people who were coming to see you knew that the red room doesn't have an alcohol bar and thats why they didn't use your list. That would be about the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board.

The fact that you're not being allowed back in Exit to DJ means one of two things...1. you might just suck....or 2. you're not worth it to them...meaning no one paid to come listen to you. oh wait, I forgot...thats Exit's fault for not serving alcohol in the Red room. Seriously, think about how dumb your little argument sounds.

unfortunately zeek this guy appeals to what i been saying all along so i gotta say

AMEN TIM!!

You've learned the hard way what many dj's have learned to be life in the city. Your 'try-out' went on in the count room when they looked at ur guestlist numbers as opposed to when u actually played ur music.

Point to zeeker tho--Red room does have a bar-but most people dont goto exit to get their drink on, BUT i do understand u need a bar there to get people in there...I understand what u mean.

Tim it may surprise you but there is a new breed of dj's being born. They are the love child of Promoters and Money. Yeah, picture a promoter getting into bed with money and spurning this evil wicked young dj who doesnt own one vinyl. He just downloads. Does anyone else see a problem with the fact that some kids who spin in exits siderooms DONT EVEN OWN DJ EQUIPMENT AT THEIR HOME?? This is like high school kids playing in the nba. Sure theres a kobe or a kg here or there but look at jermaine o neal...4 yrs later he's a star...Imagine what college cudda done for that kid....u dig?

Im from the old school and i spun house parties and upstate shit clubs until i came CLOSE to the bright lights of the world's best city--- Now i know that sounds like the in my day argument but its true--

unfortunately its all about money and how many tickets u sell....my hope is that this EVOLUTION takes over exit and turns it into even a 1/3rd of what it is capable of...

Tim sorry to hear u had a bad experience at exit, but trust me buddy you are in good company with many dj's who have encountered similar problems...at least u didnt have to battle a roach this big --> <---in ur booth:laugh:

Im hoping Evolution works, b/c if it doesnt, exit may be gone...like picture it 10x worse than it is now...if u can....

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by zeeker

DJ Tim Roberts...

ok, I'm not arguing in defense of Exit here, more just against what you're trying to say. First of all, the comment about the red room not having a bar to keep people in the room. Dumbass, people don't stay in that room for the alcohol, in fact, most of the people in that room aren't old enough to legally drink. They're in the red room to hear good music. If the room wasn't packed while you were spinning it's because you, the dj, weren't keeping them in there. I hang out in the red room all the time, and it's always packed when the music is decent. So, to reiretae on that point...crap DJ=empty red room.

Second point...you seem to be blaming the fact that your guestlist wasn't filled on the fact that there's no bar in the red room. Dude, you give the guestlist name at the door, not after you get up to the red room and see there is no bar. And don't even try to play it off like the people who were coming to see you knew that the red room doesn't have an alcohol bar and thats why they didn't use your list. That would be about the dumbest shit I've ever read on this board.

The fact that you're not being allowed back in Exit to DJ means one of two things...1. you might just suck....or 2. you're not worth it to them...meaning no one paid to come listen to you. oh wait, I forgot...thats Exit's fault for not serving alcohol in the Red room. Seriously, think about how dumb your little argument sounds.

zeeker, little thing you should know exit fucks u over w/ guestlist #'s and like bugout said its not about talent. anyone can spin there if u sell X amount if tickets now. its a fucking joke and the kid should of done what i did and break the tables for gettin screwed out of some good $ 2 weeks in a row.

no, no, no, no, no....this Tim kid is trying to blame the fact that no one was in the Red Room because they don't serve alcohol, which is just retarded. I forgot, they do have a bar actually. He was further trying to say that the reason why his guestlist wasn't full was also due to lack of a bar in the red rooms. THAT is nonsense. Yeah, a lot of the promoter/dj bullshit sucks a lot. I understand the argument entirely and agree with the gripe. But this TimRoberts kid has NO argument. Scratch that...his argument is just stupid. He is blaming on his lack of a crowd and guestlist on the fact that the red room doesn't have a bar, which is not true, and even if the red room didn't have a bar it's still a dumb argument.

zeeker, little thing you should know exit fucks u over w/ guestlist #'s and like bugout said its not about talent. anyone can spin there if u sell X amount if tickets now. its a fucking joke and the kid should of done what i did and break the tables for gettin screwed out of some good $ 2 weeks in a row.

you're misundertanding me. I agree with all that. It sucks. A lot. And if I were spinning and got fucked over i'd throw a shit fit too. But read the kid's argument. Especially the first paragraph. It's almost comical.

Originally posted by zeeker

you're misundertanding me. I agree with all that. It sucks. A lot. And if I were spinning and got fucked over i'd throw a shit fit too. But read the kid's argument. Especially the first paragraph. It's almost comical.

no i understand his comments about the bar are funny. unless he spun on a sat night like i did a few times, no one goes there for alcohol they go to eat pills and spin glowsticks to the shittiest hard progressive trance. oh wait its "hardstyle" now :rolleyes:

unless he spun on a sat night like i did a few times, no one goes there for alcohol they go to eat pills and spin glowsticks to the shittiest hard progressive trance. oh wait its "hardstyle" now :rolleyes:

ha, are you ranting?

What i have heard about the new party is that Jason Ojeda is going to be resident, and that the music is going to be like Tribal, with alot of vocals and shit. They are trying to gear the party more towards an older, 'bar crowd.' I also heard that they are going to change the security for the better. I don't mean any offense by this, i am just relaying a message, they are geting rid of the large group of Asians, by firing most of the Asian Promoters, and i heard that they will most likely end up at Roxy and/or Saci

Now i know the reputation that Exit has earned itself in the past year or so, but if you go in there and see what its about with out telling yourself how terrble it is, then it might not be that bad. Like everyone said it is a very nice Venue that has a lot of potential, but they just need changes. And that is what they are trying to do, make changes. You never know how it will turn out. But the entire club scene in New York seems to be going down the toilet. If Exit can turn around become a good club, then that would help things alot

Originally posted by housedog

Does anyone else see a problem with the fact that some kids who spin in exits siderooms DONT EVEN OWN DJ EQUIPMENT AT THEIR HOME?? ]

Thats Great!:laugh:

And As For Jason Ojeda being a resident DJ deffinatley a wise choice! He has a nice selection of music and can deffinatley turn out a room!

i agree.....

when i went back to exit 2 weeks ago...I tried to keep all the bad thoughts from my mind and just accept the place for what it was...it was rough, but i saw all that potential...

as for the asian promoters from exit--I received an email about a new friday asian party starting at saci the same night exit starts it new party but im not 100% sure its the same people--

Jason, Denny and RIchie bring such a nice sound that will bring a nice vibe back to that room. And if u've been to any of their events, the girls that come out to see these guys..:eek: its uncanny, but seriously

I hope this works out b/c it will be nice to have options once again--nice good friday party at exit....great party still goin at Roxy....Dt afterhours if i got anything left....

hopefully i dont look back on this post in 2 months with a giant hail of :laugh:'s

Mike Bugout

everything for the most part that everyone has been saying about exit is probably true..but it seems that exit at this point has realized that the days of "build a club and they will come are over".

sometimes people have to get hit over the head before they wake up..well hello exit I'm glad you woke up and smelled the coffee..because you can't survive on potential only..with this new change beginning friday december 27th..what we'll see is a change hopefully from the door to the last detail. hopefully the security's aggressive search and destroy attitude will change..the music direction will be more welcomed for this new change..maybe it was fine for the past but its a new beginning now..the dj's playing in the other rooms as well as their friends who came to support them will be treated with respect..the crowd hopefully will be for the most part a better quality crowd all around..maybe the drink prices will come down to be in reason with todays times...maybe exit will embrace and welcome people with open arms..if the above happens, will all you haters give it a chance..it seems to me that exit is coming around and recognizing it's in the people business. if the name of the party "evolution" means "a process of change" then this new change sounds like a good thing. i believe everyone at exit wants their club to work..unfortunately sometimes you can't see the forest because the tree's in the way..i think exit understands that now...I'm gonna give exit another chance

I think we all have to...ny needs a roxy..it needs an arc, it needs a soundfactory, and it needs a mega club like exit..what other club in ny can possibly have something for everyone..

yeah dooood. and that shit with the fucking hardstyle dj's kills me too. But i wouldnt call it hard progressive trance - theres nothing progressive about it.

I know exactly what you guys were talking about, cus when i played the red room, some cd playing bastard cut my last song off in the middle of the fucking breakdown, no beatmatching neccesary.

Also, its so bad in there that they dont EVEN HAVE NEEDLES IN THE RECORD PLAYERS because no one uses them. Now i may be a fairly young DJ, but i have yet to play a venue that doesnt supply needles..and the promoter was like "what, u didnt bring any?" Im figuring they must have been stolen by some pissed off DJ's and never replaced. (The rest of the equipment is ancient too)

But in all fairness, i had a good time, and a good crowd when i spun there as zeek can attest too, so its not all bad news when it comes to spinning in the red room. Play good music, they will come LOL Hopefully Ill know some of the promoters still with this new party and get a chance to try things out again. did they really fire all the asians?

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

Also, its so bad in there that they dont EVEN HAVE NEEDLES IN THE RECORD PLAYERS because no one uses them. Now i may be a fairly young DJ, but i have yet to play a venue that doesnt supply needles..and the promoter was like "what, u didnt bring any?" Im figuring they must have been stolen by some pissed off DJ's and never replaced. (The rest of the equipment is ancient too)

Most clubs dont leave cartridges in the turntables!