Clubplanet Nightlife Community

They Say Only the Good Die Young

I am not sure if some of you are aware of the horrible tragedy that occurred after Deko on Saturday night. My best friend was struck by a car approximately a half a mile away while he was walking on rt. 35 northbound towards Ernston Road. We arrived to Deko together, but unfortunately I lost him and . I assumed he was either talking with a girl or with other friends. When the end of the night came to a close, I decided to wait in the the Deko parking lot, assuming he would return to my car at some point in the night. I ended up falling asleep in the parking lot to wait for him only to wake up at 5 am with a million missed phone calls and messages. I found out the horrible news that my friend was taken via helicopter to Robert Wood Johnson's Emergency Room. He was considered inoperable and brain-dead upon arrival, and the only thing keeping him alive was a machine. His heart failed repeatedly and after a few hours the doctors pronounced my best friend Dave dead.

I am still in shock at this horrible accident , this will forever be etched in my head, and It just scares me to know how life can change in the blink of an eye. It will forever be a mystery why he was walking on route 35, and It kills me to know that if I was with him or I had known where he was this could have been prevented.

I figured I would share this with some of you since some of you may be friends with him. Also a big part of the reason I wanted to post this is, just to once again STRESS upon how important it is to drink responsibly, and be aware of your friends. A lot of times we get carried away at bars or clubs, and in the heat of the moment we feel like we can handle more then humanly possible.

I will be taking a break from the "Scene" for a while for obvious reasons. Please keep him in your prayers, and take care. It is going to be a rough Christmas for all of his family and friends.

/>http://www.thnt.com/thnt/story/0,21282,651098,00.html

:(

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan, I am so sorry to hear about your friend...I will keep his family and friends in my prayers. please dont think about "what if's"...no tragedy is any one person's fault. Times like these are hard to go through by yourself so remember that you arent alone and that good family, friends and prayer will help you through this. Again I am deeply sorry about your loss.

Dan I heard about this and I am so sorry kid. I can only imagine the pain that you must be going through right now. But please do not blame yourself for not knowing where he was and possibly being able to prevent this from happening. Although you might think that it don't matter, your friend is now in a better place. Keep your head up kid.

Originally posted by djdanfury

I am still in shock at this horrible accident , this will forever be etched in my head, and It just scares me to know how life can change in the blink of an eye. It will forever be a mystery why he was walking on route 35, and It kills me to know that if I was with him or I had known where he was this could have been prevented.

I figured I would share this with some of you since some of you may be friends with him. Also a big part of the reason I wanted to post this is, just to once again STRESS upon how important it is to drink responsibly, and be aware of your friends. A lot of times we get carried away at bars or clubs, and in the heat of the moment we feel like we can handle more then humanly possible.

I will be taking a break from the "Scene" for a while for obvious reasons. Please keep him in your prayers, and take care. It is going to be a rough Christmas for all of his family and friends.

http://www.thnt.com/thnt/story/0,21282,651098,00.html

:(

Dan, I am sorry to hear what happened. It's never easy when someone dies, especially when it's someone so close.... I wish the best to you and his family and other friends.... :isok:

All my regards to Daves family, Dan and friends. I knew Dave a short time and considered him as a good friend. Dave, his family, Dan & friends will be kept in my prayers. May God bless you and watch over you and may you rest in peace. :(

Dan I am so so sorry... I had no idea something this terrible happened that night. My heart goes out to you, and Dave, and his family, and I will be keeping you all close to my heart and in my prayers especially during the holiday. Please know that you have tons of support around you to help you through this rough time.