Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Celebs in the morning

clubkat

Originally posted by tastyt

Exactly. There's a lot more to it than makeup alone. Let's not forget, too, about personal trainers, flattering light, airbrushing, etc.

And they wonder why we women have the insecurity issues we do... Us normal folk don't exactly have a crew at our disposal to make us look like a diva before stepping out of the door each day... :rolleyes:

sometimes i fel bad for girls because they feel like they ahve to stay inshape all year. And guys get to slack off the winter/sweater season.

Originally posted by tastyt

Exactly. There's a lot more to it than makeup alone. Let's not forget, too, about personal trainers, flattering light, airbrushing, etc.

And they wonder why we women have the insecurity issues we do... Us normal folk don't exactly have a crew at our disposal to make us look like a diva before stepping out of the door each day... :rolleyes:

but ya know what... you're better off that way. In a few years down the line, those people who relied heavily on makeup will have no other alternative if they want to look decent. Clogging your pores over the years with that stuff ends up requiring more and more to look better... i'm sure you've seen it all before ;)

*cough* somethingaboutmary *cough*

i like the girls who are more natural with their looks and minimal on makeup. 10 to 20 years from now, chances are they'll have the same skin and look just as great. Can't say the same for all the "apply-your-face-with-a-spatula" girls i've seen running around nyc.

Originally posted by cintron

but ya know what... you're better off that way. In a few years down the line, those people who relied heavily on makeup will have no other alternative if they want to look decent. Clogging your pores over the years with that stuff ends up requiring more and more to look better... i'm sure you've seen it all before ;)

i like the girls who are more natural with their looks and minimal on makeup. 10 to 20 years from now, chances are they'll have the same skin and look just as great. Can't say the same for all the "apply-your-face-with-a-spatula" girls i've seen running around nyc.

. . .You got a point . . but just take a look at the views on this board for a second . . . Seeing as how its a small, yet oddly substantial slice of public sentiment, do you really think anything's gonna change? . . . Think about how harsh peeps are on this board, then take the rest of the world into account . . . pretty sad if you ask me . . .

Originally posted by cintron

I know what you're saying, and I agree with you, but unfortunately it does little to lessen the impact of the media on a person's mindset. Arrrggghhhh It pisses me off to no end, the expectations of perfection, portrayed through false means. :mad::bigfinge:

I do my best not to concern myself with such things, I'm just PMSing right now, so don't mind my rant...

there was a great quote i read in a novel once, about beauty and society's expectations of a person concerning beauty...

it was something along the lines of "society demands that a female spend her whole life in pursuit of a youthfulness that neither God nor the devil, nor surgeon can give her"

ironically, it's true. so many people these days are such mindless sheep. I see all these girls walking around with a fresh face painted on, and i'm thinking "by 30, she's going to look like a withered old hag. the lines and wrinkles are going to dominate her, she's going to have huge clogged pores and appear to have been dragged through a gravel pit... and she'll just keep throwing on more cosmetics to cover it all up."

Originally posted by clubkat

so I was browsing thru ktu's website (dont ask haha) and I came across a picture of J.Lo in the a.m.

Umm. . .I know we all look like crapola in the morning but its sad to see the 180 she pulls from her gala/video/even off the record pics :eek: It really doesnt even look like her. :what::yuck:

WKTU-FM_2300999_2.jpg

ok no (reedited). . .its just her. . .look at ashanti in the a.m.

WKTU-FM_2300963_1.jpg

they are all trashy and cheep -- what did you expect?