Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I am now an official owner of a baby duck

I went to a duck farm in Long Island and bought a baby duck, he was 5hrs old. He weights less than a pound. He's the cutest thing alive I swear. I'm a bird lover so this is just an addition sort of, but i've always wanted a duck. This one has his wings clipped genetically and its going to be pure white when it growns up, funny thing their reach their full size in 7 weeks which crazy. They get bigger and bigger day by day. All he wants to do is sleep, eat, and bite my face. :) I basically saved his life, cause that farm mass produces ducks and after that they head for the slaughter house, which is very sad, also he costed 5 bucks, FIVE BUCKS, can u believe that a pack of cigerattes costs less than a baby duck.

whoa, thats fucking cool... what the hell do you feed it? how do you potty train it? what the fuck do you do with it????

(i'm serious... i'm love exotic pets... but what are you doing about the logistics... i'm pretty damn curious...)

Originally posted by joeg

whoa, thats fucking cool... what the hell do you feed it? how do you potty train it? what the fuck do you do with it????

(i'm serious... i'm love exotic pets... but what are you doing about the logistics... i'm pretty damn curious...)

Food wise, I bould 50lbs of "Starter" Duck food which ran me 7 bucks, so I'm good with that for about 2 years lol. No literally 50 lb for 7 dollars is that cheap or what. As far as what I'm going to do with it?, simple keep it.. Believe it or not these ducks are genetically domesticated, their not wild at all.. I'll have u know Wilson the duck cant sleep by himself, he has to sleep near me or be near me period, otherwise he starts whistleing through his nose(crying) cause he cant quack yet.. Potty Train??? the bad new is u cant, the good news is that its not big(their poop) and not that frequent... And They usually poop right after they eat so u can predict it..

Originally posted by nychunk

I went to a duck farm in Long Island and bought a baby duck, he was 5hrs old. He weights less than a pound. He's the cutest thing alive I swear. I'm a bird lover so this is just an addition sort of, but i've always wanted a duck. This one has his wings clipped genetically and its going to be pure white when it growns up, funny thing their reach their full size in 7 weeks which crazy. They get bigger and bigger day by day. All he wants to do is sleep, eat, and bite my face. :) I basically saved his life, cause that farm mass produces ducks and after that they head for the slaughter house, which is very sad, also he costed 5 bucks, FIVE BUCKS, can u believe that a pack of cigerattes costs less than a baby duck.

AWWWWW. :D

i want a duck!!!

post a pic of him!

Yo I have to get a duck, that is soooo cool. Find me a duck farm in Boston.

If I get a duck all I will need is a miniture horse to complete my collection.

Lets see Monkey - check, midget - check,

I need a duck and miniture horse, anyone selling?

haha. that's stupid. i mean cute story & i think it is wonderful that you saved the ducks life or whatever (i dont eat duck so i save ones life everyday) but come on, are u really gonna want a duck in 3 years, they cant be very intelligent so you wont be able to teach it anything.

sounds like a cool idea but the reality is, cleaning up lots of turds.

Take it easy on him, he said he is a bird lover. Hopefully he'll take care of it even when it gets big.

LOL it is a funny story though. I have never heard of anyone getting a duck for a pet;for some reason it doesn't suprise me outta you, Dimitri. :laugh:

Originally posted by joeg

thats pretty cool, aside from the not being able to potty train it...

how come you can't train it? it just doesn't learn??

i would think almost any animal could be taught through repitition....

I guess u can train it, i mean just not now since he is only like 5 days old, in the future I will try to potty train him.. As far as ducks being stupid??? Birds in general are smarter animals than dogs or cats, a duck can be as smart as you want him to be. He already acknowledges me, follows me around the house, starts crying when I leave. He actually only poops only on one side of the bed. He sleeps with me cause he starts screaming like a maniac if he's by himself at night for now. I'll post a pic hopefully later on Today.

LMAO @ screaming like a maniac!! Saw the pics, I want one too!! I love birds just like you, I used to have a cockatoo named Fendi and all she did was SCREEEEEEECH and bite everyone in the house except for me! :D

My next bird is gonna be a macaw, very expensive but you have to write them into your will because they live so long. I also had a red-tail boa named Big Worm *snicker*, and a big-ass Iguana named Spike. :tongue: