Clubplanet Nightlife Community

why did roxy fridays close?

Originally posted by leftymo

Spragga: "I can't wait to get the hell out of this city! "

Oh tell me about this... I'm dyin here. I've heard NY has the ability to chew you up and spit you out, but this is ridiculous.

Born and raised in NY dipshit so step the fuck off

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by sweetie029

is SKANKY ASS PEOPLE TRYING TO RUB UP ALL OVER EACH OTHER..

Pfffffffftttt......GET A LIFE

Do you see the way most of you girls dress to go to dance music clubs?.......most of you make hookers look like librarians in comparison.

Spragga: "I can't wait to get the hell out of this city! "

Oh tell me about this... I'm dyin here. I've heard NY has the ability to chew you up and spit you out, but this is ridiculous.

I'm struggling to find one decent thing to say about this place and I can't. Shitty weather, ugly girls, and every club/lounge plays hip hop exclusively. The dance scene is dead, and or dying. These in itself are three great reasons to leave here.

Again nothing wrong with hiphop, just not my taste when I go out. I mean how else would you explain me knowing ALL of the hip hop songs and not even listening to the genre?

Dance fans... go to LA/SF/Miami/Dallas... and maybe Glow in D.C. Where Ferry is a resident.

LA had two massive new years parties which attracted well over 5000 people a piece... and it wasn't hip hop! DJ Irene, Swedish Egil, & the giant village which everyone knows about... what a blast!

Come on.......DJ Irene????LOLOLOL

NYC is the only city in which if you make it here, you can handle living just about anywhere else in the world, and it looks like NY beat you.

Originally posted by fwilso01

Do you see the way most of you girls dress to go to dance music clubs?.......most of you make hookers look like librarians in comparison.

so basically, if a girl is dressed like a "hooker" that gives men the right to touch her? hellz no. learn to respect.

it's like saying a woman was asking to get raped b/c of the way she was dressed.

i dont fuckin think so. try again. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kitty19

so basically, if a girl is dressed like a "hooker" that gives men the right to touch her? hellz no. learn to respect.

it's like saying a woman was asking to get raped b/c of the way she was dressed.

like dave chappelle says:

"If i dressed up like a cop, people would come up to me when they get robbed. IF YOU DRESS UP IN A HOOKER UNIFORM, DON'T BE SUPRISED HOW YOU ARE TREATED."

Originally posted by kitty19

that's exactly what i was gonna start talkin about...thank you for sayin it for me ;)

fwilso: Come on.......DJ Irene????LOLOLOL

NYC is the only city in which if you make it here, you can handle living just about anywhere else in the world, and it looks like NY beat you.

First, I didn't go to see no DJ Irene nor Egil at that event. Just illustrating an example of a massive party in Los Angeles not featuring hip hop. The hip hop parties were much smaller drawing more of an intimate crowd. New York couldn't muster any such event b/c NOBODY would show up to it... the dance scene is dead here, and the new yorkers know it, hence clubs like Roxy shuttin down fridays, or the fact that only a handful of clubs even offer the music genre.

Instead I chose PVD, Howells, Method, Farina, Tall Paul... and yes all at the same place.

As for NY beating me, yes, I would agree. I've been fortunate to travel all over the world and see many places. I've lived in 3rd world countries, and as a matter of fact, that place is better than this shithole. My apartment in a 3rd world country is BETTER than the one I live at here in NY! And there the power would go out from time to time! Here the streets are filled w/ trash, the buildings are older than my dead great grandmother, the people are rude, i could go on and on for hours at a time... If there is a hell in this world, I found it... NYC.

NY does have the ability to eat you up and spit you out, and it looks like its done that to me, only b/c I'm used to so much better. Why bother flying coach when you're used to first class. Higher standards, that's all.

But at least I can say been there and done that. Just gotta suffer for another 1+ years...

"fwilso: Come on.......DJ Irene????LOLOLOL"

Again, further illustrating my example... LA had John Digweed, Armin Van Burren, and Ferry Corsten also...

They're not spinning hip hop, and to show that these were alternative events to the big one (Giant village)...

There are no signs of Club Rubber, NAKED LA, Spundae, or any of the many many electronic/dance scenes closin up shop in Los Angeles... or Miami for that matter (where I lived for about 8 months)

In my life i have been lucky enough to live in many different places from Asia, to Europe, FLA, NYC, the south, and new england.......i have found nothing as exciting as NYC.......

I do consider myself a "Raver", and the "Rave" scene is DEAD here in NYC, but musicially and Artistically there is nowhere like it AT ALL......

There is no where better than NYC to express yourself in the States......anywhere else will just have you sitting in Traffic on a freeway waiting to see some DJ who is breezing through town on a US tour....plain and simple......

"If i dressed up like a cop, people would come up to me when they get robbed. IF YOU DRESS UP IN A HOOKER UNIFORM, DON'T BE SUPRISED HOW YOU ARE TREATED."

~~now i have read a lot of bullshit on this site but this comment has got to be the MOST IGNORANT thing i have ever read....in one shot u have beaten george danwilson AND rizzo altogether!!! i have no words! :blown:

fwilso: good points... I guess it gets very frustrating when you go to some of these clubs or lounges and the bouncer says "we're not letting in your kind here"... (only in NY)

I mean, I get a general sense that NY is living in the 60's. While it features a great diversity of cultures, the cultures seem to be isolated or segregated.

And that's definitely NOT where I come from... where skin color doesn't mean shit... we're all people, white, black, purple... same thing. We all need to eat food, take a piss, breathe and reproduce...

I just met up w/ some people from Australia tonight at a lounge in NY... and guess what, they had similar things to say... Most from here will always have a bias to here, but people who aren't will see NY for what it truly is.

Originally posted by dgmodel

save the raggae for vacation time... im down for some hip hop... maybe we should have a cp meet... will our roxy cards be valid still or shows over on that???

i'm down... so long as its going to be real hiphop, and not just cheesy songs that are poorly mixed to get people to all-but-fuck on the dance floor...

Well my opinion on the whole thing,yes girls def wear some crazy mind boggling shit to clubs, which actually gets the guys a lil silly n shit because we are men. But its true about the whole if you dress like a slut shit u are a slut. Thats there choice to wear that shit , there point is to fucking get the guys going and to look good. sometimes the girls wear clothes actually to fucking skimpy n shit, what do you expect first of all its a club thats where you can wear shit like that and its ok. and i agree with what you people are saying. If u wear some shit like that your obviously gonna get gropped by some people who think your wearing that for a reason , to get people to notice you which most girls do inspite. and when u try to talk to them like a gentleman they blow you off.

Oh,

and sexyh, please do tell why you think my post is ignorant....

I was quoting someone who made a VERY good point.

Do you know one respected personality who dresses like a slut?

I didn't think so.

~~i dont think it is a good point....there is no hooker uniform...i fa girls wants to dress sexy its for herself.........the problem here is that guys think it is meant to be for them and is an invitation....well its not!!! that line u said is just a dumb excuse for guys to get away with being horny assholes

Originally posted by sexxyh

~~now i have read a lot of bullshit on this site but this comment has got to be the MOST IGNORANT thing i have ever read....in one shot u have beaten george danwilson AND rizzo altogether!!! i have no words! :blown:

lol, Danwilson is a cool guy. Maybe a little eccentric and misunderstood at times, but cool nonetheless. Apologize.

fwilso: good points... I guess it gets very frustrating when you go to some of these clubs or lounges and the bouncer says "we're not letting in your kind here"... (only in NY)

I mean, I get a general sense that NY is living in the 60's. While it features a great diversity of cultures, the cultures seem to be isolated or segregated.

And that's definitely NOT where I come from... where skin color doesn't mean shit... we're all people, white, black, purple... same thing. We all need to eat food, take a piss, breathe and reproduce...

I just met up w/ some people from Australia tonight at a lounge in NY... and guess what, they had similar things to say... Most from here will always have a bias to here, but people who aren't will see NY for what it truly is.

If you don't like NY then why are u still here?:confused:

Yes NY has it's negatives but its also got a shitload of positives too, just like anything in life. Granted NY'ERS have a certain pride factor going on, but there are plenty of ppl not from NY who visit and end up loving it just the same without that "bias" u speak of.

So peeps should dress like this then AHAHHAHHA:

022.jpg

045.jpg

Sorry cpers...I'm sick of this hip-hop bashing so I had to resort to this...if anyone has a problem with it, you know where to find me! :cheese:

Originally posted by spragga25

So peeps should dress like this then AHAHHAHHA:

022.jpg

045.jpg

Yeah, people should dress like this.....but....oh, i forgot, self expression is NOT favored in Club Land......Its all about conformity, who's wearing what, and who's sleeping with who.......

At raves, you can do what you like, dress as you like, and dance however you want.....cause everyone there knows it's about the music.

Hmm, you dont really hear alot about girls getting groped, raped, and felt up at raves now, do u?