Clubplanet Nightlife Community

driving pet peeves

weyes

i've been meaning to start this list for a while. i lost my voice the other day, and it was weird - i realized just how much i curse at other drivers when i couldn't :laugh: .

people who honk when you don't turn right on red, 'cause cars are coming. cars are coming, asshole, 'nuff said.

people who honk when you try to change lanes and they try to speed up really fast so that you can't. :mad: :mad: :mad: that's a double no-no.

people who don't signal. what? is it broken?

suv drivers who think they own the road. yep.

suv drivers who park in compact spaces 'cause they're closer to their destination. stop being lazy and park where you're s'posed to.

people who flash lights. unforgivable. always.

tailgaters. unforgivable. always.

people who don't know how to alternate merge. i don't think it's that hard.

and after i drive tomorrow, i'm sure i'll find some more :rolleyes::mad: ...

yeah! maybe i'll just change it to

people who honk for any reason other than to warn of danger.

then there are people who pass you and then go slower. c'mon, now.

people who go 50 mph anywhere but in the slow lane. i understand that sometimes you need to go slowly, like when your car is having issues, or when you've got a wide/heavy load, but you have to drive in the slow lane if you're gonna drive like that. it's just as dangerous as speeding.

Originally posted by vicman

i flash my lights at people, i like to do it especially if the damn mofo is going 30mph in the fast lane. :mad:

yeah, me too. Then when i overtake them, i move right in front of them, and only then are they like "oh, maybe i should go in the middle lane" :frust:

I also hate people who can't choose a lane

People in Big SUV's who drive like 80 mph and think they own the road :mad3:

Originally posted by weyes

i've been meaning to start this list for a while. i lost my voice the other day, and it was weird - i realized just how much i curse at other drivers when i couldn't :laugh: .

people who honk when you don't turn right on red, 'cause cars are coming. cars are coming, asshole, 'nuff said.

people who honk when you try to change lanes and they try to speed up really fast so that you can't. :mad: :mad: :mad: that's a double no-no.

suv drivers who park in compact spaces 'cause they're closer to their destination. stop being lazy and park where you're s'posed to.

:laugh: :laugh:

examples, please :hey: ?

i have a cop friend that was on a date. he was driving somewhere drinking champagne(with his date). i guess he was speeding too, so he got pulled over. the cop comes up to the window.....my friend doesnt say a word, and flashes his badge. So the cop says have a nice day.

if it was me driving with alittle smell of wine or antyhing, i would be in jail for a night(plus DWI)

examples, please :hey: ?

It's true. I went out with a cop a couple times, and he broke all sorts of traffic rules... sped, ran red lights, etc. He explained most officers abide by an unspoken buddy system... if you get pulled over, just show your badge and there won't be any questions or problems. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Ugh.

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

Originally posted by happykittn

It's true. I went out with a cop a couple times, and he broke all sorts of traffic rules... sped, ran red lights, etc. He explained most officers abide by an unspoken buddy system... if you get pulled over, just show your badge and there won't be any questions or problems. I scratch your back, you scratch mine. Ugh.

Peace,

~kitten >^.^<

this is true, but i think this is funny...

i train an ex-cop, and asked him about this. he said that there is a rule. Sometimes if the cop is an asshole or there is a witness, then they have to arrest him or whatever the situation calls for

(he actually had to arrest someone, and felt like shit about it)

Originally posted by poccnr

My pet peeve are people who feel that they have to constantly drive in the passing lanes (Anything other than the first two lanes). Burns me up when I have to pass someone on the right side.

o yeah, and i hate it when people pass on the right side :tongue::D .

o, and a little off topic but still about driving, i saw perhaps the scariest car accident i've ever seen, today. it was on the freeway and the traffic wasn't that bad; i really thought it was just traffic. but the accident had just happened, it seemed, so i guess the emergency vehicles hadn't done the whole bit that takes up so much space. but what it was was a car, totaled, upside-down (on its roof), with the driver trapped inside :eek: . she was fiddling with her seat belt (good thing she was wearing one!!!) and looked frantic (i got a really close look). 8-10 cars had stopped to help, so people were just driving by, at that point. i didn't see what she had hit.

wow.

Originally posted by incredulous

btw i was thinking, and you are 3 hours behind me. sorry about te post that you forgot a date, cause you still had 3 hours :(

but keep up those wise quotes, i love reading them everyday :D

i was late that day, though, anyway; you were justified. and thanks, i'm so glad you like them :D !

Hun. It definately sounds like you are a Defensive driver... Be more offensive it is more fun...

Examples...

Switch lanes without using your blinker. This way the fucker in that lane does not know and does not have enough time to speed up and prevent you from changing.

I am definately guilty of flashing the highbeems... I hate fuckers in the left lane that do 55. I tried to do the speed limit once. And I am sorry. But it just feels like the world is gonna pass you buy.

By the way All these things that you complain about. I am sorry. And not to be rude. Cause you know I love ya. But I have this wierd feeling you are a very slow and cautious driver... :laugh:

Cause everything that you are talking about are things that I do to slow and cautious drivers. You people annoy the hell out of my ... :tongue: