Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vote on Draper's Return--Make a Difference

WILL YOU GO TO EXIT IF DRAPER RETURNS (EVEN IF ONLY ONE NITE)  

56 members have voted

1. 1. WILL YOU GO TO EXIT IF DRAPER RETURNS (EVEN IF ONLY ONE NITE)

• YES, ITS ONLY 1 NIGHT
    • NO WAY, EXIT ISGOING BACKWARDS AGAIN

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cypress215

IVE READ STUFF ON HERE FOR MONTHS NOW IM FINALLY POSTING LOLOLOL

SO DRAPER IS COMING BACK TO EXIT-WTF!! I WENT LAST FRIDAY AND IT WAS OFF THE HOOK,WHY EXIT?

I KNOW FOR A FACT EXIT'S MANAGEMENT READS THIS BOARD, SO I THOUGHT ID START A POLL ITS REAL SIMPLE ESPECIALLLLY FROM WHAT IVE READ ON HERE

WILL YOU GO TO EXIT ANYMORE IF DRAPER RETURNS EVEN IF ITS JUST ONE NIGHT?

IT SUCKS THAT I GOTTA SAY NOPE SINCE I WAS HAVIN MADD FUNN THERE LATELY BUT ID RATHER SAVE MY MONEY THEN SUPPORT EXIT IF THEY DONT WANT TO LET CHANGE OCCUR. DT DESERVES MY $$

I THINK IF ENOUGH OF US SHOW WHAT IS SAID ON HERE EVERY DAY THEY MAY TAKE NOTE?

PEACE

TOM

that would be a big fat negative

Originally posted by zeeker

More educated? Yes. I agree. But, I'm sorry, that kid takes himself way to seriously. People's tastes change. I agree with you on that. But I think it's pretty funny how less than a year and a half ago, you can be purchasing Photon 2's off the internet, chipping teeth on push-pops because you're rolling so hard, calling Draper 'The Man,' and then all of a sudden one day you're above it all, and you're can call someone a moron, for thinking that the rediculous amount of hate on Draper is undeserved. Everyone does start somewhere. But, lets not forget where we all started. I hate resorting to stupid things on message boards, like calling people's names. It's stupid and doesn't get anywhere. But, I think that the point I made is a good one, one that roninmess doesn't understand. He's not better than anyone, he's not some elite in the clubbing world. His tastes may be different, even more sophisticated and mature than someone else, but he started where they did. He started, in Exit, listening to Tony Draper. He even went as far as to calll him "The Man." You'd think a kid like that would loosen up a bit and take things for what they are, a club, where people have fun. You'd think that a lot of people on this site would do the same too. Go re-read some responses from people in regards to Draper's return. If he comes back, half of them said they'll never come back, again. He's a fucking DJ. Are there worse DJs out there? YES. Do they get half the shit that Draper gets? NO. Please explain. I'm not a Draper fan by any mean. But I can tolerate him, and I don't flip out when I see him in the booth. Because I go to clubs to hang out with friends, and have fun. I don't go to JUDGE JUDGE JUDGE, like some people like to do. My 2 cents.

Amen.

you're one of the only people here who makes sense and isn't a follower.

I dont get CP sometimes

Zeek, once again I share your viewpoint.

It is the "cool" thing to bash draper...

I went there 5-6 Fridays in a row, and the first few times I observed from the balcony..his mixing was not fake, and wasn't bad..he plays 4+ hours...didn't wreck any more than a lot of other "residents" at any club I've been too...Other than the "superstars" believe it or not you will hear DJ's that have to play for more than 1 or 2 hours MESS UP...The first time I saw Teneglia @ Be Yourself he fucked up more times in one night than I had seen Draper fuck up...It happens, and I don't sweat it..I think Draper just had the hate towards Exit placed on him..a face that people could relate their frustrations, so everything he did was scrutinized...

The end of this summer, beginning of fall, i went to imagine fridays for like 2 months..and enjoyed Draper...sure, he was predictable, but he played good music (for the most part). I don;t know him personally or even have a great like for him as a DJ, but that constant retarded bashing of someone for doing things that a million other dj's have done a million times, is just stupid.

And on a side note -

even though name calling is the most pointless thing you can do on the interent, i just have to say that roninmess is a fucking idiot.

Can't wait till the new top 100 list comes out so you can have some new favorite DJ's you fucking .... jerk

Bottom Line is, if he's not your thing, don't go that night..but its not the end of the world.

And I have a feeling that "crowd" was not Drapers crowd, but the old Friday crowd that Exit no longer lets in with the new "dress code"

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

And on a side note -

even though name calling is the most pointless thing you can do on the interent, i just have to say that roninmess is a fucking idiot.

Can't wait till the new top 100 list comes out so you can have some new favorite DJ's you fucking .... jerk

Yeah, you're really classy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

to all those shitting on robin...i have to ask some things: Do your musical taste's change over time? After a while, do you hate the stuff you used to love so much?

When I got started on dance music 4 years ago...i thought those webster hall, MOS, Euphoria, and Gatecrasher cd's were the hottest shit around. Now I cant listen to them without cringing.

the point is people's tastes change....as do the styles of the artists/dj's

and as for the top 100 comment...He's been liking Tiesto long before that list came out...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

to all those shitting on robin...i have to ask some things: Do your musical taste's change over time? After a while, do you hate the stuff you used to love so much?

When I got started on dance music 4 years ago...i thought those webster hall, MOS, Euphoria, and Gatecrasher cd's were the hottest shit around. Now I cant listen to them without cringing.

and as for the top 100 comment...He's been liking Tiesto long before that list came out...:rolleyes:

It's not that im bashing his taste, and i completly understand the evolution of taste, we all have gone thorugh it.

It's just that this kid oozes ignorance, and is not afriad to show it

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

dude, no one is shitting on roninmess. The kid talks out of his asshole about 99% of the time, I don't care if he's a friend of yours or not. People's tastes change. I agree wholey. But like I said in my previous post, let's not forget where we all started out in this scene. Just because you've moved on, or your tastes have matured, doesn't give you the right to talk down to people who have differing preferences in music or clubs. Because only a year and a half ago, he was that annoying little e-tard, sucking on blowpops and chanting Draper's name. So, putting friendships aside, I don't know how you don't see the glaring contradictions that kids makes like, every day.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

I dont get CP sometimes

Zeek, once again I share your viewpoint.

It is the "cool" thing to bash draper...

I went there 5-6 Fridays in a row, and the first few times I observed from the balcony..his mixing was not fake, and wasn't bad..he plays 4+ hours...didn't wreck any more than a lot of other "residents" at any club I've been too...Other than the "superstars" believe it or not you will hear DJ's that have to play for more than 1 or 2 hours MESS UP...The first time I saw Teneglia @ Be Yourself he fucked up more times in one night than I had seen Draper fuck up...It happens, and I don't sweat it..I think Draper just had the hate towards Exit placed on him..a face that people could relate their frustrations, so everything he did was scrutinized...

The end of this summer, beginning of fall, i went to imagine fridays for like 2 months..and enjoyed Draper...sure, he was predictable, but he played good music (for the most part). I don;t know him personally or even have a great like for him as a DJ, but that constant retarded bashing of someone for doing things that a million other dj's have done a million times, is just stupid.

And on a side note -

Bottom Line is, if he's not your thing, don't go that night..but its not the end of the world.

And I have a feeling that "crowd" was not Drapers crowd, but the old Friday crowd that Exit no longer lets in with the new "dress code"

:aright:

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Can somebody PLEASE just show me where the swingset is?! I keep ending up at the sandbox every time! :cry: :cry:

I'll race you to the swing!

LOL.. I remember in kindergarten when we had recess we had to RUN to the swings in order to get them.. :laugh: :laugh:

look we'll make this real simple--

Unfortunately for him, Tony repersents all that was wrong with exit to so many people. This is like in literature when a character stands for society or something (can u tell i was an english major?)

Point is...Some people had E and Blow Pops and Draper every week and want to move away from that--Some people just dont like him b/c they feel he's not a good dj.

Exit cannot move foward as a venue without gettin rid of him. And totally rid of him, even one appearance every 6 weeks would ruin it. Let's say Roxy wants to become the Hip Hop Powerhouse club in NYC. If it has PVD or someone else every few weeks, their hip hop status would get questioned. Granted, it was just an example as thats not what Roxy is goin for but you get the point.

Its not worth fighting over. And Zeeker and Rocksteady--it seems like you guys rep a more "open mindedness" kinda like, If u dont like Draper dont go that night or go to another room-- but u gotta understand that some people refuse to come the following week to see whoever and give money to the same management who puts on dj's like that. I agree with you that open mindedness would be awesome and help the scene progress a LOT further--but face reality.

If draper's following is the same one is saw at exit on Tgiving Eve, u gotta remember they aint so open minded either (thus the phrase Draper is God)

--or how do u explain the fact that as Judge Jules is ending his kick ass set, people are gettin restless and chanting draper's name....that is pretty close minded also.

Really, this whole debate has nothin to do with tony. It has to do with people wanting exit to move on and do other things and it has to with close mindedness. Hopefully exit will move on and hopefully people will open their minds.

Case Dismissed.

Mike Bugout

Originally posted by codica3

I'll race you to the swing!

LOL.. I remember in kindergarten when we had recess we had to RUN to the swings in order to get them.. :laugh: :laugh:

LOL yes!!! And getting into fights when there were three of you that all wanted to get on the see-saw at the same time!? NOW this thread is going somewhere good :aright:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

some people refuse to come the following week to see whoever and give money to the same management who puts on dj's like that.

Those are people that shouldnt be at the club then. period.

(amendment)

Club is a business, if people cant accept the fact that a club will have Tony Draper their to make them some money, thats tragic.

R u saying if you didnt like rap, and your favorite club had a rap show their one night, you wouldnt go back?

You have an arguement, but its not a solid one..Exit can succeed with draper there every 6 weeks, its up to the management..it has little or nothing to do with draper.

Like i said in my earlier post...I think "his" crowd is gone, as in, not allowed in the club anymore

But i have never witnessed any of this Draper worship in my days at exit.

Can somebody PLEASE just show me where the swingset is?! I keep ending up at the sandbox every time! :cry: :cry:

best post in thread by far

on the actual topic of this thread, i heard draper play once...for about...fifteen minutes...downloaded one of his sets once...didnt stay on my computer very long...and ive only been to exit once...i got frightened...dont plan on going back anytime soon...

ignore.gif

LOL yes!!! And getting into fights when there were three of you that all wanted to get on the see-saw at the same time!? NOW this thread is going somewhere good :aright:

LOL.. remember playing on the see-saw and then the person on the other end jumps off and you get slammed down onto the ground? :laugh: :laugh: Ouch.. :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by djmikebugout

Unfortunately for him, Tony repersents all that was wrong with exit to so many people. This is like in literature when a character stands for society or something (can u tell i was an english major?)

Point is...Some people had E and Blow Pops and Draper every week and want to move away from that--Some people just dont like him b/c they feel he's not a good dj.

Exit cannot move foward as a venue without gettin rid of him. And totally rid of him, even one appearance every 6 weeks would ruin it. Let's say Roxy wants to become the Hip Hop Powerhouse club in NYC. If it has PVD or someone else every few weeks, their hip hop status would get questioned. Granted, it was just an example as thats not what Roxy is goin for but you get the point.

Its not worth fighting over. And Zeeker and Rocksteady--it seems like you guys rep a more "open mindedness" kinda like, If u dont like Draper dont go that night or go to another room-- but u gotta understand that some people refuse to come the following week to see whoever and give money to the same management who puts on dj's like that. I agree with you that open mindedness would be awesome and help the scene progress a LOT further--but face reality.

If draper's following is the same one is saw at exit on Tgiving Eve, u gotta remember they aint so open minded either (thus the phrase Draper is God)

--or how do u explain the fact that as Judge Jules is ending his kick ass set, people are gettin restless and chanting draper's name....that is pretty close minded also.

Really, this whole debate has nothin to do with tony. It has to do with people wanting exit to move on and do other things and it has to with close mindedness. Hopefully exit will move on and hopefully people will open their minds.

Case Dismissed.

Mike Bugout

well, it seems that you are agreeing with me then....

You're right, maybe the issue isn't realy Draper. But why on Earth do people play it off like it is? If people want to move on, then why does everyone flip the fuck out when the guy's name is mentioned? It's rediculous. Why would someone call someone else a moron for believing that the hate on Draper is undeserved?

Having Draper do afterhours, one night a month seems like it makes sense. Satisfy the people who really like him just that one night, and maybe those who don't like him can stay home, or party in a side room. Right? You seem to agree with that. So, then since the problem is apparently with the people who 'hate' on Draper, shouldn't we look to silence them? I mean, you bring up the Judge Jules incident....

Think about it. A guy pays $35-40 that night to come to Exit. Maybe he paid that money to hear Draper. Maybe he doesn't even know who Judge Jules is. Seeing as the kid paid money to get in that night, just like everyone else, why is it wrong for him to chant Draper's name? That person obviously doesn't know or appreciate Judge Jules music, and why should he? Chanting the name Draper is a positive form of expression. You're not chanting anti-Judge Jules expressions....you're chanting positively towards Draper. And why not? You like him as a DJ. Where is the crime in that?

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have these kids, who supposedly hate Draper, rant and rave all day about how they hate him. And how they will never go to Exit if he gets in the booth, even if it's just for one night a month. Those people are the fucking problem. They bring nothing but negative vibes to the scene. THEY are the problem.

I think the difference is quite clear here. But I have a feeling people will still be ignorant and stupid.

I agree with you, that bringing Draper back isn't a good idea at this point. I only feel that way because, like you said, this is not a perfect world, and there are so many close-minded, ignorant people out there. Unfortunately people like that are going to make it impossible to successfully bring him back. this is getting pretty long here, so I'll cut myself off here.