and morillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit would bang up in there...

also some jeff mills and jr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by saleen351

that kid chris

and morillo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit would bang up in there...

also some jeff mills and jr!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tyrant ... Timo Maas .... Sander ...... and why not ...... Mr. Howells ... not that it will be possible in the near future but u never know ..... I heard of someone really interesting being booked already ...... will wait for a official post by the club :eek:

Saleen .... I'd love to c Morillo ..... it is gonna be a fun year ...... keep believing ..... anything is possible

:hat:

Halo Varga @ P.M.Sessions ... Why not? fresh off a Fabric 7 and Destinations release ... It would make sense and would also fit the description of what they are trying to do on fridays .. Bring distinct and excellent talent .. something fresh to Miami .. If in doubt .. see him @ the Soma Party during conference and all your questions will be answered :cool:

Originally posted by pod

Morillo ain't gonna happen at Maze, he's tied up at crobar.

Why is that? Does Subliminal have some sort of long term personal services contract with crobar? Maybe we should make crobar an offer they can't refuse. Anybody got a horse's head?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by koky

TAUCHER :cool: :cool: & SEB FONTAINE :cool: :cool:

ALSO.. ARIEL BAUND <--NOT SURE IF SPELLING IS CORRECT BUT THIS GUY IS GONNA BE ONE OF THE GREATS IN THE NEAR FUTURE .. ALSO DAVE SEAMEN WOULD KICK ASS THERE ..

dude...Taucher was the shit last time he came down to Miami.. That was a great night.. alot of energy..now that guy knows how to get the crowd involved and into it!

Originally posted by bzfbutter1

dude...Taucher was the shit last time he came down to Miami.. That was a great night.. alot of energy..now that guy knows how to get the crowd involved and into it!

yup yup Taucher is DA BOMB !!

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by roxysandiego

Why no bring a live act? It would be interesting to see how it sounds like in this venue.:idea:

they are trying but one perfomer demanded more than the djs.... so its a no go at this point

This board is real comedy!

First of all, Dan (Pod), I have staged more live acts than anyone else in Miami and I have never run one through the house system. There is too much that can go wrong and blow the system.

Second, there are certain DJs that have relationships with certain promoters or clubs...or they like the vibe at a certain place, so that's where they play. Morillo has built a strong friendship with Carmel and that's why they work together...they don't need a contract.

Third, If you are honestly a fan, you will go see and support a DJ no matter where he/she is playing.

Finally, Lola & Saleen, you arrived too late in the Miami clubbing scene for what you like and keep asking for. Back in the mid to late 90's, every club (except Groovejet) played the same "New York House" sound. The only guest DJ's were from NY/NJ...Razor & Guido, Junior, Hex Hector, Jonathan Peters...Chris Paciello at Liquid used to bring these guys in on a regular basis. The truth is that sound doesn't pay the bill around here anymore. The only audience for that sound in Miami is the gay audience. That's why you'll only see those names for Sundays at Crobar or some of the White Party Events. That sound is only popular in NJ these days. And for the record, I have been to The Jersey Shore & Atlantic City many times and the club scene is pure cheese in my opinion. Chicks with big hair and too much makeup...guys wearing shiny shirts...big screaming bitch vocal house anthems...not my scene.

"big screaming bitch vocal house anthems"

I'm writing that one down :)

I can see where you're coming from on the sound though. Maze put a lot of money into it to let their baby take damage....

I'm not a huge fan of the Razor N Guido/JP/Hex sound either...it's been done down here. I got here on the tail end of that and I felt like I was in New York with palm trees. Miami's sound is always going to be different, and whether you like it or not is subjective. I'd hardly consider us a 'second-rate' club town. We've got issues, but we've got it damn good down here. Every weekend, some guest DJ is in town, somewhere. Example, Friday has Demi at Maze, and Saturday has Saeed and Palash (Demi again on the patio) at Space. The weekend after has Nick Warren @ crobar. I'm not

The reasons why JP/Razor N Guido/Hex do well in New York are obvious. It's their hometown, and it's not too hard for them to develop a following in a city of 12 million people. In other words, there's bound to be a few thousand people on any given weekend who are into that sound and are willing to go to a club to hear it. It's not gonna work in Miami for a while longer, the sound has not been 'away' long enough for it to make a comeback, if it could at all. Bitch vocals have their place, but I don't want to hear that for an entire set. And who knows, the DJs that Lola and Saleen mention are known for being prima-donna bitches, and may have alienated themselves from the scene down here...no one wants to hire them because of the drama. It's a documented fact that Junior Vasquez is a total queen bitch, and I've heard similar about Hex, JP, and other NYC DJs of that genre. I'm not saying they have, but it would not surprise me.

sven vath & hawtin all night... take full advantage of the sound system u have down there.

BANG IT!

and i don't mean picotto music u all call techno.

u gotta pay the bills, so it's understood to book the more commercial djs but experiment as well. i can't say enough about how the staff at fabric run that club.

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by ogmiami

And for the record, I have been to The Jersey Shore & Atlantic City many times and the club scene is pure cheese in my opinion. Chicks with big hair and too much makeup...guys wearing shiny shirts...big screaming bitch vocal house anthems...not my scene.

cheese? the nj shore completely crushed the Hamptons... We crush miami in the summer if you compare to miami winter.

We crush every city in america except NYC....

We have the best djs (locals vs locals) and no guestlists, no comps, no million dollar guests, no bs, no dress codes, no high dollar anything, no vip areas, no door guys in suits, no bs marketing, hot chicks everywhere, styles of muisc for everyone, and the number one thing we have is

the crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you seriously say you've been to temps in the summer and its cheese, please by all means post it on the nj board. Though you'd happen to know the dj there, is the man who opened the biggest club in nyc, EXIT..... Besides og, he crushes every dj down in south florida and crushes 80% of the guest djs down here...

What i'm tired of you people talking about is the nyc/nj style of music... There is no such thing. They play it all... You just stereo type the area... The clubs rock all night long till 2pm the next day.... Trust me what they play here in miami is covered, and then some...

FACT: CHICKS LIKE VOCALS....

I LIKE CHICKS

THEREFORE I LIKE VOCALS...

space is the best example of a club who doesn't have any chicks in it anymore... While nj has summer anthems, you losers have the same boring beats....

in the winter all the clubs are packed, in the summer all the clubs are packed, while in miami, they are going out of business...

on top of that, no one realizes that spaces monopoly on djs is really starting to kill the scene....

who is gonna play these new clubs?? there is no djs left...

Originally posted by ogmiami

Finally, Lola & Saleen, you arrived too late in the Miami clubbing scene for what you like and keep asking for. Back in the mid to late 90's, every club (except Groovejet) played the same "New York House" sound. The only guest DJ's were from NY/NJ...Razor & Guido, Junior, Hex Hector, Jonathan Peters...Chris Paciello at Liquid used to bring these guys in on a regular basis. The truth is that sound doesn't pay the bill around here anymore. The only audience for that sound in Miami is the gay audience. That's why you'll only see those names for Sundays at Crobar or some of the White Party Events..

:idea: I go to lots of gay parties becuz I like that sound... I was at Maze for Rauhofer. The title of the thread was "Dj's I'd like to see play at Maze". I'd like to hear Junior becuz everytime I go to NYC, I go to Twilo (RIP) and I have a great time. Is that a crime? I support my local dj's.... Just becuz I don't go out every single night doesn't mean I don't support.

For the record, the gay crowd is the only reason Maze is open (and I don't mean that in a bashing way);)

Also, can someone claify what scene pays the bills in Miami please? I'm just curious, not trying to start drama.

Lola:D

Originally posted by saleen351

cheese? the nj shore completely crushed the Hamptons... We crush miami in the summer if you compare to miami winter.

We crush every city in america except NYC....

We have the best djs (locals vs locals) and no guestlists, no comps, no million dollar guests, no bs, no dress codes, no high dollar anything, no vip areas, no door guys in suits, no bs marketing, hot chicks everywhere, styles of muisc for everyone, and the number one thing we have is

the crowd!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you seriously say you've been to temps in the summer and its cheese, please by all means post it on the nj board. Though you'd happen to know the dj there, is the man who opened the biggest club in nyc, EXIT..... Besides og, he crushes every dj down in south florida and crushes 80% of the guest djs down here...

What i'm tired of you people talking about is the nyc/nj style of music... There is no such thing. They play it all... You just stereo type the area... The clubs rock all night long till 2pm the next day.... Trust me what they play here in miami is covered, and then some...

FACT: CHICKS LIKE VOCALS....

I LIKE CHICKS

THEREFORE I LIKE VOCALS...

space is the best example of a club who doesn't have any chicks in it anymore... While nj has summer anthems, you losers have the same boring beats....

in the winter all the clubs are packed, in the summer all the clubs are packed, while in miami, they are going out of business...

on top of that, no one realizes that spaces monopoly on djs is really starting to kill the scene....

who is gonna play these new clubs?? there is no djs left...

uhhhhhhhh SHUT UP !!

I totally agre with diegonyc...Hawtin and Vath would fucking blow MAZe up, I'll love to see those two monsters...the mere thought gets me so pumped...

I wish Tech Djs such as Hawtin, Beyer, Mills would have more acceptance here in south florida...techno parties at clubs such as Space would be so fucking awesome!NON_STOP!

Peace.