proposals...

dgmodel

Women Proposing...  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Women Proposing...

• Bad Idea...
    • Good Idea...
    • i<3dgmodel...

Call me old fashioned, but I think it's the man's job to propose. While I may bring up the topic of marriage to my significant other for further conversation, I would never drop down on one knee and present him with a ring. The proposal story itself is something that is repeated time and time again. I can't imagine explaining the proposal story to my friends and family. I want to be proposed to. I want to feel like I am wanted. I want to be deemed as marriage material. I want the perfect engagement ring with that classic Tiffany setting. Me, me, me. Not him!

Originally posted by mala

Call me old fashioned, but I think it's the man's job to propose. While I may bring up the topic of marriage to my significant other for further conversation, I would never drop down on one knee and present him with a ring. The proposal story itself is something that is repeated time and time again. I can't imagine explaining the proposal story to my friends and family. I want to be proposed to. I want to feel like I am wanted. I want to be deemed as marriage material. I want the perfect engagement ring with that classic Tiffany setting. Me, me, me. Not him!

Hold on here... It also always was the man proposed and bought the ring and the womans parents took care of the wedding. I am sorry but day by day this happens less and less and both the bride and groom pay for the wedding. So throw the old fasion shit out the window. But then again what the hell do I know. Either way is fine if you ask me. But personally I think I would like to be the one doing the proposing. Cause I am a sucka and if I really want to say no. And I feel bad. I will wind up saying yes.

Originally posted by atomicapples

truthfully, i think if a woman wants her man to be all hers, then she should pop the question.

we live in 2003 no? where females want all the shit that males have...

so fuck it...

true...but i'm a sucker for tradition... :half:

Originally posted by dgmodel

women still get the rings but we still dont get the hope chests... wtf is that all about!!! cheaf pucks...

muah ha ha......if all goes as planned....i won't even be able to lift my arm when i get the rock i want;)

Originally posted by incredulous

i think we live at an age that there is no more "right" way. you can do whatever you want, or whatever feels right

Agreed. No, I can't imagine doing the proposing, and yes, I'm really hoping that when the day comes, that he's going to pop the question in some amazingly romantic way that we can one day tell our little cousins (we don't want kids, so little cousins it will have to be :laugh: ).

BUT as for what is "right," only the couple in question can decide that... it's too personal of a thing, I don't think it's anybody's business to decide whether they did the "right" thing or not. As long as they are happy why should anyone give a fuck???

I guess I'm old fashioned, but I can't see myself ever proposing..... It's all him!

I just hope to be asked in a creative and memorable way... It doesn't have to be anything super spectacular, but just not in a way that's been done tons of times....

Originality is key!

:D

Guys, do you all remember the Robert redford & Michelle Pfeiffer movie?...... She did propose to him to him.....Wasnt that that the cutest thing a girl ever did???....Aaawwwww...call me a sappy S.O.B !! I can take it...but DAMN!! You gotta agree wiht me, it was the nicest thing a modern day girl could do,...take heart matters into her own hands.!! God !! They dont make girls like that n e more !!!:kiss2:

i'm an aggressive gal so i probably would end up proposing... but i'm sure it wouldn't be a "proposal" in the traditional sense... probably like a "discussion/ultimatum" which plenty of women give as well... do you count those as women proposing since they're bringing the subject up??

Originally posted by m0chi69

i'm an aggressive gal so i probably would end up proposing... but i'm sure it wouldn't be a "proposal" in the traditional sense... probably like a "discussion/ultimatum" which plenty of women give as well... do you count those as women proposing since they're bringing the subject up??

It's a proposal when you "pop the question," not when you simply initiate a discussion on marriage...